Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 4:05pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like hippies to me

I HATE F**KING HIPPIES!!!!!
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 4:09pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And in "traditional" karate

Sodan - Yondan is student/assistant instuctor

Godan (5th degree) and above over the age of 30 is instructor
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Posted On:
    11/09/2008 10:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought I'd give my input, even given that this is an old thread. I trained here for several years. The owner is pretty traditional. In that he doesn't give a **** if you train there or not, or what you think about him, or his school. They don't try to sell it, nor do they make it easy to get instruction. You learn a technique, then have you have to have followthrough to practice on your own. Given that, he provides ample time to come and use his facilities to train on your own time. The equipment is all very old but meticulously maintained. I don't know the exact history of all the different styles, it appears to be some sort of hybrid style. That given, all the techniques work together very well. Probably because they are all very simple techniques. Which is not to say not effective. The training is pretty basic. Once you get through the basics, which is pretty quick, the group stuff is basically everybody gets together and hasa nice lowkey beatdown type of thing. It's lowkey, with full pads, no headshots, that sort of thing, so nobody gets hurt, but they do slip in some brutal body shots if you're not ready for it. As to the cultlike thing...everybody there has great respect for the head guy. And he doesn't put up with any bullshit. You play by his rules in his house or you leave. I could see how people could get the kind of cult like impression. But then again, nobody is asked anything when they try to leave except to please not let the door slap there ass on the way out. Which is not very cultlike. There are cameras. mostly they are used to tape training by people so they can self critique. They are used for security too though. They guy has opened his house for the public to use as a gym, basically. I understand having cameras. It freaked me out at first too. I got used to it pretty quick. There are cameras just about everywhere, anyway. There are basically two different clientele, one interested in health and chi kung, the other in martial arts. If you want to avoid all the hippy cultsounding stuff stick tothe martial arts stuff.
    It's a good school. If you're into strick mma it's probably not your type of place but you should check it out anyway. if you're interested in self defense, you'll like it alot here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 9:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They teach reiki?

Someone's been watching too much Yu Yu Hakusho.

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 10:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alot of people believe alot of weird things. like in God. or a government for the people and by the people. I try not to get on other people's cases about what they believe. I appear like less of an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2008 10:52am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see the kanji. In Japanese "kamiza" means VIP seat. It's where the boss or the honored guest sits, which is at the head of the table.

According to my Japanese dictionary 上座 means 最も上位の席, which means "seat of the highest rank."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12