Posted On:
    3/03/2006 8:51am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Not that you obviously can't take it,

How does 12 unanswered knee strikes to the head not earn a ref stoppage? ... or at least a cut?

Nice ring stewardship on knowing you were close enough to the ropes to grab and stop the fall.
    First, look very carefully I'm actually having a full on conversation with the ref, I wave him off the first time and give him a thumbs up, then I flip my opponent off the second time. Those knees didn't hurt he was hitting my arm for most of them.

Second, what's a cut? You haven't seen the Mega throwdown video yet have you?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your CHI must be strong.

Now if you did BAJI! you wouldn't have to take shots. The will be deflectd off you powerful aura!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 9:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If that's kung fu where's all the biting and eye gouging mister? :mad:

The part where you waved off the ref was great, must have been a real downer for the other guy.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    First, look very carefully I'm actually having a full on conversation with the ref, I wave him off the first time and give him a thumbs up, then I flip my opponent off the second time. Those knees didn't hurt he was hitting my arm for most of them.

Second, what's a cut? You haven't seen the Mega throwdown video yet have you?
    I didn't realize you were signalling the ref. At first glance, I thought you were trying to grab the fence. The ref's vantage point, obviously, is much better. :smile: Still, I've seen bouts stopped for less even though the fighter was indicating he could continue.

I have seen the Mega Throwdown video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 10:29am

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice stuff, man.

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 10:46am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mmmm, that cardio. Love it how after the guy knees you 10 times, he gasses, and you just walk up and clock him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 10:56am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, SAMBO took a back seat in all my fights.
    That suplex was pretty fucking awesome, though.

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 11:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My first thought was, "Damn, thats a well-conditioned MMA fighter". I then immediately assumed that you did the standard MT/BJJ routine in addition to CMA...but then you stated that you didn't.

This got me thinking...which is rarely a good thing.

Everyone can admit that there is a certain trend in MMA with MT/BJJ/Wrestling training/conditioning. Hell, when my BJJ instructor started conditioning for his last cage match, he immediately crosstrained in MT for stand-up. It's almost reactionary to fall back on MT/Boxing/BJJ for NHB/MMA...but you didn't and still fought like a pro MMA fighter.

This got me thinking even more.

Obviously you've crosstrained in a number of styles...but if your base is CMA AND you've been able to train and apply it in pro fights, you might seriously be able to put out books and videos on "CMA for MMA"...or even "TMA for MMA".

With the growing popularity of MMA/NHB but the dwindling number of affordable gyms/clubs, writing/taping a course on "elevating CMA training for MMA" could appeal to a lot of practitioners. Hell, I think a lot of us would buy something like that simply because it hasn't been covered yet and appeals to a larger demographic.

Just an idea.

On a side note, I thought the fights looked very professional and brutal. I watched it a few times and tried to pick up differences between you and other MMA fighters I've seen. So far I noticed a greater use of hooking punches and less of a reliance on clinch work ...but I'm a newb and a lot of the intracacies are lost on me.

Would you mind sharing some strategies/techniques in particular that you prepare and utilize that set you apart from the standard MT/BJJ Fighter?

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 11:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay guys, this is the only fights I had on video. Make as much fun of me as you want as long as you're willing to show up to the throwdowns.:BangHead:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBoxX48_tAo
    Cool video. Nice music.

You either have a very strong chin, or know how to adjust while getting hit to not take full-on force. Or maybe both. Either way I'm sure your wife doesn't stay with you for your face. :icon_pira

You had a kimura going one place that you could have finished in a cage. Did the guy gas from trying to knee you in the clinch?

Anyway, nice clips, good standup display, and I liked the back supplex throw.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This does mean you are showing up to the throwdown right?
    Not at all. I don't even know where the megathrowdown is happening at. I don't know if it's worth the vacation and money to get there anyway. Plus, I never claimed superb MMA skills.

Either way, you are one tough guy. It shows in the video.
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 3/03/2006 12:27pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast