Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Egypt needed a good choking, she is the most foul-mouthed chick in Portland. It obviously didn't give her any more brain damage

('._.)

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 3:49pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapp
    Maybe you should stop training BJJ then... :icon_scra
    Erm, we usually tap before we get choked out at my BJJ school...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 3:55pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    **** like this shouldn´t be fooled around with, it can be dangerous. Randy is an idiot for doing doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapp
    Maybe you should stop training BJJ then...
    Actually, RogueSamurai is correct. The application of this technique is inherently dangerous, although considered a small risk for healthy people, it's still a risk.

Carotid chokes are methods of compressing the carotid arteries in the neck, resulting in lack of oxygen to the brain. Although they are not usually life threatening in healthy people, they have been known to cause serious brain damage and some deaths in people with high plaque/chlorestorol build-up in their arteries. This happens when the plaque within the artery is loosened and then travels to the brain.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch1207
    Actually, RogueSamurai is correct. The application of this technique is inherently dangerous, although considered a small risk for healthy people, it's still a risk.

Carotid chokes are methods of compressing the carotid arteries in the neck, resulting in lack of oxygen to the brain. Although they are not usually life threatening in healthy people, they have been known to cause serious brain damage and some deaths in people with high plaque/chlorestorol build-up in their arteries. This happens when the plaque within the artery is loosened and then travels to the brain.
    This girl seems to have a nice shape with a great ass. Though that's not guarantee that she doesn't have high plaque/cholesterol build-up (cuz she doesn't look overweight), I think it's pretty safe to assume she doesn't. And with that ass, I don't blame Randy for possitioning himself behind her... or do you really think he did that just to do the RNC?????? :XXmonkey:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 4:34pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd hit it.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 4:49pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God can you pussies stop crying about Randy choking out a girl? Who gives a ****, and yes the girl is cute.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 5:03pm

Style: Does exercise count?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quite the funny clip. I love the big doofy grin on Randy's face.

As far as safety of blood chokes:
    http://judoinfo.com/chokes2.htm
    http://judoinfo.com/chokes3.htm

Granted it's from a biased source, but they both discuess the dangers. I really don't think it's that dangerous, but I'd much rather tap than nap. I think that this portion is especially relevent:

"Choking in Judo is safe because since the advent of Judo statistics show no fatality attributed to the shime-waza. Moreover, scientific studies on choking reveal no deleterious after effects. Finally, the precautionary rules and methods used make the technique of choking a relatively safe means of subduing an opponent in competition."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 5:31pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On this specific opponent, I would have chosen to demonstrate the triangle choke instead.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12