Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:06pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But the robber was running away, and posed no threat any more. So any more violence isn't reasonable force.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:13pm

Style: Systema, WingChung, TkD,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I meant against people who AREN'T running away from you.

Omega: I don't watch UFC. Payperview is for your rich school owners, not lowly students who can barely rub two pennies together.
    how many pictures or videos would you like, since one is not enough, and from what styles, kyokushin, muaythai , tkd , crazy iranian etc?

will you acknowlegde your stupidity once i provide them, also you must remove the Bjj nuts from your mouth and replace them with mine.. are we agreed?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:15pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by prana16
    how many pictures or videos would you like, since one is not enough, and from what styles, kyokushin, muaythai , tkd , crazy iranian etc?

will you acknowlegde your stupidity once i provide them, also you must remove the Bjj nuts from your mouth and replace them with mine.. are we agreed?

Dude, who the **** are you? Did your head get stuck up your ass the same time you tried to suck your on dick?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowey
    But the robber was running away, and posed no threat any more. So any more violence isn't reasonable force.
    On a serious note, the man was committing a felony, if the person wanted to he could've declared a citizens arrest and gone after him. Of course I doubt it and you're right he had no right hitting him as he was fleeing in most states in the US.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:17pm

Style: Systema, WingChung, TkD,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Dude, who the **** are you? Did your head get stuck up your ass the same time you tried to suck your on dick?
    ouch..

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:36pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by prana16

Videos, please. Mixed martial art or Kickboxing-type rules. No WTF TKD or anything shitty like that.

Side note: I've done Kung Fu and TKD longer than I have done BJJ. And, even though it was Temple Kung Fu (horrible cult McDojo) and TKD, neither of them taught flying kicks as a form of attack.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    On a serious note, the man was committing a felony, if the person wanted to he could've declared a citizens arrest and gone after him. Of course I doubt it and you're right he had no right hitting him as he was fleeing in most states in the US.
    I don't know enough about US law to comment, but I would assume it's fairly similar to UK law. I've never got the citizen's arrest thing, do you just have to yell "citizen's arrest" and pin them down till the cops show up? does the criminal have any rights (like they do under normal arrest)? this is going quite off topic, sorry.
    I would also question the sense of choosing to have more confrontation that necessary with a guy with a knife, why bother to chase him down and increase the chance of being stabbed even more? :confused1

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm making a citizen's arrest." are famous last words. It's generally stupid to arrest anybody besides hoodlum 13-year-olds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, having seen my dad pin a burglar, only to have burglar#2 come back and kick him into unconciousness (I was 12, there was **** all I could do). Citizen's arrest is dumb. I was just wondering what it actually is, like the legal side?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 9:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crowey
    I don't know enough about US law to comment, but I would assume it's fairly similar to UK law. I've never got the citizen's arrest thing, do you just have to yell "citizen's arrest" and pin them down till the cops show up? does the criminal have any rights (like they do under normal arrest)? this is going quite off topic, sorry.
    I would also question the sense of choosing to have more confrontation that necessary with a guy with a knife, why bother to chase him down and increase the chance of being stabbed even more? :confused1
    Don't preach to the choir dude I agree to no end. Why go after a guy if you don't have to. I'd comment more on the law but I don't know what state that was.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast