Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Style
    taichi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Iron palm vs brass knuckles?

So this is sort of a follow up thread to the one I made about strike enhancers and brass knuckles. So if one had trained in hard body techniques such as iron palm and such would that be as good as using brass knuckles? Does anyone have any data to show brass knuckles vs a punch? Like how much strength and force and such each Punch would deliver?

Thanks

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong forum, dipshit. Mods please move to YMAS (?)
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iron palm training will not make your hand as formidable as brass knuckles, but brass knuckles won't make your delivery system as formidable as training will.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo View Post
    So this is sort of a follow up thread to the one I made about strike enhancers and brass knuckles. So if one had trained in hard body techniques such as iron palm and such would that be as good as using brass knuckles? Does anyone have any data to show brass knuckles vs a punch? Like how much strength and force and such each Punch would deliver?

Thanks
    You have been on this site for 8 years so the odds of you just being a stupid anime loving kid are low.
    So this means your a fucking adult, that cannot separate out martial arts myths from reality.
    Fucking great.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... Like how much strength and force and such each Punch would deliver?

Thanks
    Brass knuckles are used to break bones. Punch to the jaw; broken jaw. Where ever you punch someone; broken bones.
    The masters perfected Karate. What fool is there today that can step forward and perfect perfection -- From the introduction to the book "Shoto-Kan Karate-The Ultimate in Self-Defense" written by Peter Ventresca

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone have any data to show brass knuckles vs a punch? Like how much strength and force and such each Punch would deliver?
    Unfortunately Human Weapon never made a hooligan episode. The strength and force output would be entirely dependent on who's punching, and how. Someone who trains striking will hit with far better alignment than someone who doesn't, so a striker will make far better use of brass knuckles than an untrained person.

What's with the brass knuckles interest anyway? Are they even legal where you live? I gave mine away, in the interest of not having felonious **** around the house (pro tip: wipe off all prints etc when giving away felonious ****).

Style
    taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    You have been on this site for 8 years so the odds of you just being a stupid anime loving kid are low.
    So this means your a fucking adult, that cannot separate out martial arts myths from reality.
    Fucking great.
    Anime is cool but My Little Pony is much better. So what you're saying is hard body conditioning doesn't do anything to deaden the nerves make the bones muscles and tendons more resilient to breaking and swelling and such? Can you show me some Studies on how hard body training is false? I'm not talking qi and Prana fake stuff but actual legitament conditioning techniques.

Also what I'm hearing is there is no study comparing brass knuckles to normal punches or hard body training punches or anything?

Style
    taichi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Unfortunately Human Weapon never made a hooligan episode. The strength and force output would be entirely dependent on who's punching, and how. Someone who trains striking will hit with far better alignment than someone who doesn't, so a striker will make far better use of brass knuckles than an untrained person.

What's with the brass knuckles interest anyway? Are they even legal where you live? I gave mine away, in the interest of not having felonious **** around the house (pro tip: wipe off all prints etc when giving away felonious ****).
    They are legal to own and carry but not use. I live in South Dakota United States of America feel free to Google laws of our state if you do not believe me.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what you're saying is hard body conditioning doesn't do anything to deaden the nerves make the bones muscles and tendons more resilient to breaking and swelling and such? Can you show me some Studies on how hard body training is false?
    Its not what I am saying, I am saying none of that **** matters in comparison to brass knuckles.
    Also the burden here is for you to show me any credible studies that show hard body conditioning works.

Also what I'm hearing is there is no study comparing brass knuckles to normal punches or hard body training punches or anything?
    Who the **** is going to pay for that study?
    Do you not know what a "study" is?
    Do you not know how they are conducted?
    **** man, why the **** would anyone do such a study?
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    Style
    Kodokan Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop indulging the dipshit in the wrong forum, guys !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last