Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 1:38am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ATA still surprises me...

My mom (who is still with the ATA) was just approved for the ATA Visa card. Is it just me or does something not sit right with the fact that a martial arts organization has a credit card?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 1:42am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, you should be writing this down...

If you had your own BANK, you could teach all the hardcore **** you wanted without worrying about students. That is... as long as people actually used your cards...

EDIT: Oh yeah, you also need to give your mom a fat lip.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 1:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't do that to my mom, I just used it as a "do you believe me now?" statement.

The Couch Ninja

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 2:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHippy
    My mom (who is still with the ATA) was just approved for the ATA Visa card. Is it just me or does something not sit right with the fact that a martial arts organization has a credit card?
    Stay away from the ATA ..My ATA Article.http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=191

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 10:55am

Style: Taekwondo/Judo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not all ATA dojangs are bad. The good ones are good. However, the problem is the ATA allows anyone to become an instructor, provided that they just get themselves a 1st dan and a couple weeks worth of instruction on how to be an instructor.

It's pretty sad actually. The ATA website says the minimum requirement to open your own school is 1st dan. AT LEAST one should be 4th dan before even THINKING ABOUT opening his own dojang.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 10:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi187
    Stay away from the ATA ..My ATA Article.http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=191

I've got an article on the ATA here too, so nah nah nah. :chewy:

j/k

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 10:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pw0ned
    Not all ATA dojangs are bad. The good ones are good. However, the problem is the ATA allows anyone to become an instructor, provided that they just get themselves a 1st dan and a couple weeks worth of instruction on how to be an instructor.

It's pretty sad actually. The ATA website says the minimum requirement to open your own school is 1st dan. AT LEAST one should be 4th dan before even THINKING ABOUT opening his own dojang.
    Omega is absolutely going to LOVE you . . .

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 11:02am

Style: Taekwondo/Judo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Omega is absolutely going to LOVE you . . .
    I think I'll stick with being straight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 11:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually thinking about writing another article on the business side of the ATA, or what most of the instructors I met have been doing. It's really disturbing, and follows a lot of what happened to you Shinobi. Hell, they drilled the procedure into me that I could probably recite word for word what your instructor/junior instructors said to you.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/04/2006 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHippy
    I wouldn't do that to my mom, I just used it as a "do you believe me now?" statement.
    I think it is still time to save your mom before she is completely replaced by a ATA replicant parasitic alien organism. If that happens, you won't be able to tell the difference between your mom and the ATA replicant. I saw something like that in the 'Thing' or some other movie like that. :5dunce:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast