Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:21am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They give the name of one of the Thai fighter as Phinit Somphet , but first off that does not look like him , and there no record of the fight I can find.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:44am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vagrant
    ken starts of by having a good point, but in the end, doesnt, because he's lame.

these guys strike nothing like MT guys at all, they punch differently, they sidekick, and those roundhouses aren't MT roundhouses.
    granted, it's not their striking that gives them an edge, and the throws looks way too much like judo (for all i know it could be shuai jiao) it's definitely not crane monkey wing drunken kung fu, but it's not MT either.

second vid does look a bit fake tho, maybe someone with experience in knocking people out (or ketting knocked out) could clarify, but the dude falls kinda funny.

edit: after reading another thread, i realised tbk just trolls in an (rather sucessful) attempt to piss KF people off. and if it doesnt piss them, it makes them write the same things over and over again, like i just did even if im not a KFer. :tweety: :tweety: :tweety:
    Yeah, I questioned that myself, from the couple of knock outs I've saw. I didn't see either person twitch. Maybe, he was dazed or threw the fight........Yeah, I think he threw it :new_all_c I didn't clarify anything so I'll defer to someone else.:new_all_c

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 4:08am

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    no, no, this is obviously proof that kung fu pwns muay thai. JFS and KFDW were right all along...
    JFS is RIGHT. Unless you want to prove him otherwise. lol.

Seriously though, the Chinese are know for this sort of thing. So i'm not really surprised. Pft, don't even get me started on the judges. Even with all this "fixing" It still took the Sanda representatives a few tries to finally claim victory over MT.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 5:43am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is some of the worst Muay Thai I've ever seen. The guy's feet are too far apart for one and he's bouncing a la TKD. When I'm training in Thailand whenever my feet become any further than about a shoulder width apart the pad man stops and points and then adjusts my feet. The guy in the videos guard is also way too low. He just seems.... well, **** really.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 8:27am

Style: judo, boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I don't believe it there are actually promoters that put their fighters against lower skilled people just so they can win? That is outrageous! I can't think of any one in Oklahoma *coughs* Dale Apollo Cook that would ever set up fights were only his fighters could win.
    On a more personal note that damn hammer really hurts! :evil:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 10:54am

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically the moral of the story is:

If a Muay Thai stylist is defeated, it must be because the MT fighter sucks, or it is a Chinese conspiracy, right? End of thread.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by losttrak
    So basically the moral of the story is:

If a Muay Thai stylist is defeated, it must be because the MT fighter sucks, or it is a Chinese conspiracy, right? End of thread.

or maybe it's, if the muay thai fighter does really shittily, they were probably hand picked as a tomato can opponent. That's not particularily unreasonable. I know how everyone hates nutriders, but it's pretty nutridery to cry nutrider every time someone complains about the quality of the fighter.

If anyone cincerely thinks that a video or two of one stylist beating another is definitive evidence of a styles superiority over another, and not just the fighter being more skilled than another, they need to fucking kill themselves.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 11:35am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are Chinese Sanda fighters that are competeing outside of China and being competitive. Zhang Qing Jun has fought twice at K-1 events in Korea losing both times to Kaoklai of Thailand. He lost but both of the fights were good and very close , besides he is still young (19 or 20 maybe) so he still has some developement to do as fighter and I think he will eventually be a threat to Japan's K-1 dominance of Asia.

I don't see it as a conspiracy as much as an unwillingness of promoters to put their fighters up against quality opponents. Hopefully with Zhang gaining some international recognition we will start to see more Sanda fighters from China crossing over. Their are excellent Sanda fighters who I feel can be competitve against MT fighters depending on the rule set. but unless Chinese promoters start putting their guys up against some quality competition they're never going to realize their full potential.

A lot of the events like the one in the video are organized by local promoters who don't have the money necessary to bring in quality fighters which could also explain the quality of the fighters in those matches. But TBK is right, some promoters are not always honest about the experience of their fighters.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 11:36am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said Kid

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    But TBK is right, some promoters are not always honest about the experience of their fighters.
    I found this out with my last fight. Oh yeah, she's only 1-0... whoops, forgot to mention that she's actually been doing muay thai and competing for close to a decade haha! He actually tried to play it off like the girl only had a year of experience.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast