why must we aggravate ken by bringing up san shou

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 8:17pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    ...and continuous full contact, punches allowed to the head, use of elbows and knees, clinch fighting, kicks that actually hurt and lack of katas.
    No do-boks, no belts, and I've never had to call anyone "master."
    --
    L.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 9:08pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ken starts of by having a good point, but in the end, doesnt, because he's lame.

these guys strike nothing like MT guys at all, they punch differently, they sidekick, and those roundhouses aren't MT roundhouses.
    granted, it's not their striking that gives them an edge, and the throws looks way too much like judo (for all i know it could be shuai jiao) it's definitely not crane monkey wing drunken kung fu, but it's not MT either.

second vid does look a bit fake tho, maybe someone with experience in knocking people out (or ketting knocked out) could clarify, but the dude falls kinda funny.

edit: after reading another thread, i realised tbk just trolls in an (rather sucessful) attempt to piss KF people off. and if it doesnt piss them, it makes them write the same things over and over again, like i just did even if im not a KFer. :tweety: :tweety: :tweety:
    Last edited by The Vagrant; 3/01/2006 9:35pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 10:24pm

Style: I know Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems real enough. I don't have any KO exprience but i can infer that the other guy wouldn't fake it. Leg twitching is possible after a knockout its just involuntary muscle movement, its not like the brain shuts down, you just lose consciousness.

But what makes it seem fake to you? Maybe that will help other clarify things to you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 10:39pm

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who are these MT fighers ? got one name but can find no record.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 10:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shard
    It seems real enough. I don't have any KO exprience but i can infer that the other guy wouldn't fake it. Leg twitching is possible after a knockout its just involuntary muscle movement, its not like the brain shuts down, you just lose consciousness.

But what makes it seem fake to you? Maybe that will help other clarify things to you.
    just the fact that he didnt fell like what ive ever seen in fight clips. of course that doesnt mean it's a work, because quite frankly i couldnt tell, i just told myself "hey, he dropped kinda funny" and then there was the leg twitching, didnt know it was possible after a KO, thanks for claryfing it.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:06am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    China is known for doing this (so is Korea for that matter). The Muay Thai fighters are probably low ranked in Thailand or not ranked at all. The Chinese bring them in and beat the crap out of them and say hey look how great China is. I have first hand experience with this.

A friend of mine in China has a Wushu school, it's rather large with something like 1,200 students. They teach of course Wushu, but they also teach Sanda, TKD, Boxing, Judo, and some Greco-roman Wrestling. They invited two teams to come to China to compete in a Sanda competition against their fighters. One team from Italy, one team from the U.S. They flew me in from Korea to act as a liaison and translator (Chinese/English).

The Chinese team basically trains 4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week. So what kind of fighters did they bring from the U.S. and Italy. 3 guys from Italy, 2 of which had never had an amateur or pro fight, the 3rd guy had a couple of pro fights under his belt. 5 guys from the U.S. 1 was a shootwrestler, not a kickboxer of any kind, 3 of these guys had little or no ring experience, the heavyweight fighter from the U.S. was a Muay Thai title holder of some kind in Cali. a seasoned pro near retirement. The whole purpose of bringing these guys in was to make their fighters look good in front of a Chinese crowd.

About 2 nights before the fights the Chinese started to get a little nervous. They were worried that their heavyweight could not beat the American heavyweight. So they requested a sparring session so they could asses their fighters chances of beating the U.S. title holder from Cali. Afterwards they changed the status of the heavyweight fight to an exhibition not a sanctioned match. They determined their fighter would be outclassed and would lose so they decided to make it an exhibition that would be called a draw.

Anyway the Italian pro won his fight in a split decision, the other two Italians got completely outmatched (one of them was so gunshy that he barely landed any punches at all). All of the Americans lost, except for the heavyweight, the Chinese fighter hyperextended his knee during the fight and had to quit so the American was named the winner.

So when I see videos like the one in this thread I don't take it at face value. It's almost a guarantee that these Thai boxers were picked because the Chinese knew they could beat them.

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:11am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if the Sanda fighter isn't fighting in China... or a Chinese controlled organization... is it still a giant Chinese conspiracy?

Genius

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Promoters could very well lie to other promoters about experience of their fighters. It happens all of the time. It would be interesting to know the experience and records of each of these guys at the time of the fight.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, no, this is obviously proof that kung fu pwns muay thai. JFS and KFDW were right all along...
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast