Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:25pm

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    you can't do hip throws or reach down and grab people's legs in thaiboxing, but you can do upper body throws and leg sweeps.
    And if the leg in the air you can take it.

Moron

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:28pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    you can't do hip throws or reach down and grab people's legs in thaiboxing, but you can do upper body throws and leg sweeps.

I have seen hip throws in Thai boxing, I also am sure that I saw catching a kick and kicking out the standing leg as well.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    That's a question with more than one level.

If nothing else we have seen that if you exclude a primary range (i.e stand up throws) from your training, you will get beaten at that range when and if your opponent can work there.

Now the complex bit is that first, san shou is not a style, its a hard to group. The other complex bit is that I don't understand throws in thai boxing. I have seen thai bouts that looked just like san shou.

Thai Boxing is regulated differently according to the organization. If you are in Thailand then you will see more throws. Europe is similar to Thailand. The U.S. is not really accustomed to refereeing Muay Thai bouts.

A bout in Thailand will look like San Shou. With elbows, knees, and all around better striking of course, minus the hip throws and tackles.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Do you eat breakfast?

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Champion

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    I have seen hip throws in Thai boxing, I also am sure that I saw catching a kick and kicking out the standing leg as well.
    the former was illegal in the last muay thai event I fought in, but people still did it, the latter I count as a leg sweep
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

STOP POSTING!

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah it depends where you are and who you are trained by. Watching Shane Chapmans latest fight over here against some canadian dude- Chapman is trained by guys from thailand. he spent most of the fight in the clinch kneeing the **** out of him then threw his ass to the ground so hard that the guy disloacted his shoulder. you dont really see that in america nor the k-1 which is the extent of "muay thai" that most people see. in thailand theyll let you get away with pretty much anything.

Motorboatin SOB

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JUST AN FYI FOR ALL OF YOU, TAJIQUANMAN WAS A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT FOR KIKKOMAN.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Do you eat breakfast?

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Champion

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not funny.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Motorboatin SOB

Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I assume kikkoman is willing to back up the challenges he made.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kikko must be smokin the crack again.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:55pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew I should have trolled from a remote computer. This is what i get for being lazy.