Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:18am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My first bullshido intervention goes awry

Ok, this is the lowdown.

I was talking to a chick on MSN, but alas I didn't log the gem of a conversation.
    I've been talking to her occassionely for a few years, and she has been practicing the WTF Olympic brand of TKD for about sevens years, earning her black belt a couple of years ago. In the past she's hinted at things that make me think she's a classic bullshidoka. For instance: she informed me that she could beat me in a fight, a 50kg/115 pound waif of a girl, and me a 95kg/210+ pound man(pre-bjj experience, a touch of KB experience. I bit my tongue at this time and didn't say anything. Now Bullshido must be influencing me because I decided to bring up that I was now practising Brazilian JuJitsu, which I said generally dominates most other martial art styles. She began to get aggressive and said how could I know this?. I said there is archives of video evidence indicating this. She then seemed to suggest that TKD is awesome coz it's the only martial art practised at the olympics(...umm hold on a sec...). I told her that the only stuff taken seriously these days is boxing, muay thai, BJJ, wresting and Judo. Then she said I couldn't call BS on TKD because I've never down it. Now for a strange analogy one can conclude that on peering in a fishbowl that fish use their fins and tail to swim. I've also done kickboxing that drew all it's kicking techniques from the glorious korean art. She told me I didn't know **** about martial arts, which is amusing coming from someone that has never been in a streetfight, watched a UFC video, or practised any other martial art. She wasn't interested in having a mature debate and inquiring on why I have come to these conclusions on martial arts, so, I left her with the link to Bullshido, called her a baby, and left.

Now tell me Bullshidokians, was I out of line in trying to nudge this girl into the right direction, in line with the Bullshido manifesto, or should have I, we infact, leave these Bullshido artists to their own devices, and conclude it's a waste of time trying to enlighten the majority of them ?
    Last edited by Adrian5; 2/23/2006 10:59am at .

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was fine. Most of us have those expirences monthly. If you follow up on it and get her to try BJJ then that something to write about.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:25am

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you should have given her the chance to prove that tkd is "the ****" -> sparring session

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol
    you should have given her the chance to prove that tkd is "the ****" -> sparring session
    With sexy results....

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:30am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Well...

:waoya If you want to have a discussion with someone, that is cool. If you want to convince someone that what they have dedicated years to is bullshit, that is tough, but you can try.

If they just want to argue, or if you just want to argue, then you won't get anywhere.

:pain10: remember

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should post her pic hey haha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:31am

Style: MT, Sanshou/Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a similar experience where some kid who did ATA TKD in the US moved to Singapore and joined our TKD class going off on how he can kick all our asses because that was how well trained he was. I got to spar him (full contact), that was the first time I saw a 17 year old cry. Anyways, what I'm saying is that you should prove her wrong by getting her to sit in at some BJJ classes or get her to spar someone.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    I had a similar experience where some kid who did ATA TKD in the US moved to Singapore and joined our TKD class going off on how he can kick all our asses because that was how well trained he was. I got to spar him (full contact), that was the first time I saw a 17 year old cry. Anyways, what I'm saying is that you should prove her wrong by getting her to sit in at some BJJ classes or get her to spar someone.
    I should show her clips of BJJ women beating men, but she'll probably not chat to me again.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus

That was awesome!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:44am

Style: MT, Sanshou/Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or you can show her clips of any other MA laying the smackdown on TKD just to spite her for being so bitchy.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast