Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:27am

Style: BJJ, MT, KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

White Crane MA school master shot and killed in SF Chinatown.

White Crane MA school founder Allen Leung, also the "Dragon Head" of chinese mafia Hop Sing Tong, was shot 7 times today at his business location. Killed on the spot.

This aren't the movies or the UFC. Chinese martial art schools in the US were known to be related to gang violence in the 70s and 80s (1977 San Francisco Golden Dragon Massacre). White Crane is a school in Chinatown that was used to train gang members, and was involved with a few "street training" exerise just last year.

Different needs, different training methods. UFC fanboys and fat white Americans will never understand the real focus behind Chinese training and their non-sports fighting mentality (I am not talking about WuShu either). Their purpose of training is just different, everything is hidden and their MA background kept secret. Grippling is great in the ring, but useless on the streets. The moment a gun pops out, you want to be running, not rolling. Search for videos online all you want, you'll never find anything real besides some stupid MMA events, everything is controlled. I know because I've been there. Stupid rednecks will never understand, go enjoy your stupid ThrowDowns.

This is why this site is so pathetic in the eyes of Asians, just a brunch of stupid big ego white people that view MA as nothing more than sports events. Pathetic.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...3/01/LEUNG.TMP

Gunned-down Chinatown leader feared he'd be killed Businessman intended victim, police say 'This person was intended to be shot'

Allen Leung feared for his life.

The influential leader of two powerful fraternal organizations in San Francisco's Chinatown told federal and local authorities last year that he was afraid he might be harmed as part of an internal feud within one of his groups.

Leung, 56, was gunned down inside his import-export business Monday afternoon. Police do not know whether the people he feared were behind the slaying, but they do know that the attack at 603 Jackson St. was not random.

"This person was intended to be shot -- this was not a robbery. (Leung) offered him money, but he shot him and left," said San Francisco police homicide Lt. John Hennessey of the shooting. The masked assailant fled into a heavy rain.

The slaying at Wonkow Art Centres and Wonkow International Enterprises Inc. reverberated through the tightly knit Chinatown community, where Leung was a mediator who settled personal and political disputes.

Leung was an elder in two historic Chinese fraternal organizations, or tongs -- the Hop Sing Tong and the Chinese Freemason, also known as the Chee Kung Tong. And he was a leader in several other Chinatown groups.

According to court documents, Leung went to the FBI last year after a series of incidents involving Hop Sing. The problems began on December 30, 2004, he told them, when a group of younger members within Hop Sing sought about $100,000.

San Francisco police began looking into Leung's case on Feb. 25, 2005, when a restaurant and four San Francisco tongs -- but not Hop Sing -- were vandalized with red paint.

On March 11, Leung and other Hop Sing leaders met and voted to turn down the request for $100,000, Leung told authorities.

The next day, someone shot up the door of the Hop Sing Tong, police said. Later in March, Hop Sing leaders received a taunting letter referring to the shooting.

Leung told federal agents he feared for his safety in April, documents show.

One of the men Leung said had sought the cash was soon taken into custody on immigration charges. But federal officials were ultimately unable to act further on Leung's fears.

"Leung did talk to the FBI as a complainant," LaRae Quy, spokeswoman for the bureau in San Francisco, said Tuesday. "The FBI found no evidence to corroborate the allegations made by Leung."

Born in Taishan in southern China, Leung immigrated to the Bay Area three decades ago. He attended community college, enrolled in a cooking school, worked in real estate, and built an import-export business, friends and family said Tuesday. He and two brothers founded the martial arts studio White Crane, whose students often perform in community events such as the Chinese New Year Parade.

Leung and his wife, Jenny, have two daughters and a son.

Leung worked his way into the higher echelons of several Chinatown groups. He was one of 62 directors of the Chinese Six Companies, a historic association of Chinatown leaders that is courted by politicians for donations and votes, and he served as board president of the Chinese Central High School and as a director of the Chinese Hospital, a 54-bed clinic in Chinatown.

Pius Lee, a politically connected Chinatown property owner and land developer, hired Leung years ago to work in his real estate office. It was Lee's recommendation that put Leung on the Chinatown Economic Development Group, which was created to give the neighborhood an economic boost after the 1992 Loma Prieta earthquake.

"He tries to make friends with both sides, to make peace. That's why I admire him," Lee said. "He tries to be the middleman, saying, 'Let's talk. Don't fight.' "

Leung recently tried to mediate a financial dispute between current and former board members.

Mark Liao, director general of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, said Leung was a commissioner of overseas affairs, an honorary post, for Taiwan.

Chinatown political leaders have split since the end of the Chinese civil war in 1949 over their support for either the mainland Chinese government or the government in exile on Taiwan.

Leung's shop sits at the edge of Chinatown, where Jackson Street slopes down into the Financial District. Though its worn awning advertised an art gallery and custom framing, it was a wholesale import-export business.

Next door at Star Lunch, a small eatery, cook Rory Chen said Tuesday that he heard a loud noise bursting out from the rear Monday afternoon. He did not know it was gunfire until police showed up, Chen said. Leung often stopped by to eat.

"He was a good man," Chen said in Chinese.

Chinatown leaders are concerned about a possible resurgence of the violence they saw in the 1970s. In 1977 at the Golden Dragon restaurant on Washington Street, five bystanders were killed and 11 injured.

The cycle of violence extends back to the tong wars of the 1920s.

"This takes Chinatown back to a long time ago," said James Chung, a San Francisco insurance agent and Chinatown leader aligned with Taiwan. "This is not a society we want in the United States, a modern and democratic country. We shouldn't have the old traditional way to solve these problems. I wish we can stop these kinds of things and go back to law and order."

Leung, as head of the Chinese Freemasons, was involved tangentially in a dispute within that organization that ended with a defamation lawsuit filed in 2002.

A New York leader of the group, Pang Woon Ng, sued, saying he was defamed when officials at the San Francisco branch of the organization said Ng had broken the group's operating rules. Leung, who was not a leader of the group at that time, later took over the local organization.

He was involved in the legal battle only in authorizing continued payments to attorneys to combat the suit, said Paul Winick, a New York attorney handling the case for the Freemasons.

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:33am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two things:

So basically what your saying is that gung fu guys are really good at running away?

Anyone who thinks they can grapple bullets is too stupid for this planet anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:34am

Style: Sheng Hun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read about this earlier. Kinda throws the Chinese gang perspective into sharp relief; maybe it's not so far off from the movies?

And he got shot seven times? Either the shooter was persistent, or he's a fucking trooper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:39am

Style: Muay Thai, CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen15
    This is why this site is so pathetic in the eyes of Asians, just a brunch of stupid big ego white people that view MA as nothing more than sports events. Pathetic.
    I am shamed that my weak asian eyes have lacked the ability and my heart/mind/soul lacking the wisdom to see "teh pathetic"... please teach me, oh wise one

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:39am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfools?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was part of a gang war between Asians and Blacks in the 80s, and traditional martial arts training was what kept me alive (besides running, which is the real honest truth about surviving street violence).

I read about stupid American people in love with sports fighting, and talking a lot of **** about different arts, I laugh because they are nothing but TV show fanboys.

Allen Leung was a good man, a good business man. New gang tried to form on the streets, the elders has to go. Allen Leung knew it was coming.
    Last edited by Pen15; 3/01/2006 2:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    So basically what your saying is that gung fu guys are really good at running away?
    Anyone that've seen real street violence are really good at running. MMA fanboys will not understand. Go on, enjoy your throwdowns, and away from reality.

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:48am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen15
    I was part of a gang war between Asians and Blacks in the 80s, and traditional martial arts training is what kept me alive (besides running, which is the real honest truth about surviving street violence).

I read about stupid American people in love with sports fighting, and talking a lot of **** about different arts, I laugh because they are nothing but TV show fanboys.

Allen Leung was a good man, a good business man. New gang tried to form on the streets, the elders has to go. Allen Leung knew it was coming.
    Pen15 is the absolute best troll ever. Can we keep him?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:49am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who you calling white you hypocrite.

Ew look banning excuse here... :5slick:

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:51am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Who you calling white you hypocrite.

Ew look banning excuse here... :5slick:
    Oh poop. I was just starting to get warm from the heat of his scathing wit.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast