Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 8:38am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzu
    I've found some more information on the instructor and the dojo in general. I'd like to get your thoughts on it if possible.

http://www.seiyo-shorinryu.org/sokescorner.html

Having watched the videos of the kata they do. And having worked with some of the best Real "Okinawan" Shorin-ryu Instructors in the world. I would have to say that this school and style is nothing more than Krotty. Granted, it was Pinanshodan, but it still looked like a robot gone karate. It is easy to start your own karate system when you are in the middle of nowhere, and allready have credibility as an educator. I think you would be better off training with the local highschool wrestling team than you would waisting time at the krotty school.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed to you both.

A stylist willing to cut ethical corners starts out with some serious "strikes" against him.

--J.D.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 1:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming from Japan, I checked out the UW Club as it sounded very interesting. After checking it out, it didn't take long for me to find out that this group is legit! They have super instructors and the club is affiliated with two of the top non-Asian traditional martial arts associations.

I am disgusted by this forum in that it allows people to complain and provide no evidence - and as far as I can tell, this is the only legit organization on the campus. I did check out a couple of other groups - there was one by an instructor named Ben Froidevow or something like that, and it appeared to be phoney with no legit. This guy claimed to be a shihan (master) with a 5th degree black belt. In Japan, he would be known as John Wayne.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 2:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
    Coming from Japan, I checked out the UW Club as it sounded very interesting. After checking it out, it didn't take long for me to find out that this group is legit! They have super instructors and the club is affiliated with two of the top non-Asian traditional martial arts associations.

I am disgusted by this forum in that it allows people to complain and provide no evidence - and as far as I can tell, this is the only legit organization on the campus. I did check out a couple of other groups - there was one by an instructor named Ben Froidevow or something like that, and it appeared to be phoney with no legit. This guy claimed to be a shihan (master) with a 5th degree black belt. In Japan, he would be known as John Wayne.
    First of all go **** yourself. My comment was objective. I'm going to be visiting the University this year and I'll give me direct opinion when doing so. If you're there I'll be more than happy to drop you on your pretentious ass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 3:17pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    First of all go **** yourself. My comment was objective. I'm going to be visiting the University this year and I'll give me direct opinion when doing so. If you're there I'll be more than happy to drop you on your pretentious ass.

When will this happen? I live in Montana and would love an opportunity to watch Omega crack some skulls. Please keep us updated. I might just need a trip down to Cheyenne.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 4:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    When will this happen? I live in Montana and would love an opportunity to watch Omega crack some skulls. Please keep us updated. I might just need a trip down to Cheyenne.
    Yes, when will this happen? I look forward to seeing you go **** yourself. I will fly over from Japan to see this.

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 4:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow John Wayne, I am impressed. You must be really good. So what is the Krochy school?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 4:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that why your **** talking ass just tried to create a second account?

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 5:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So we are supposed to wait on your expert opiniion after you visit from Cheyenne? I can't wait. What will we do? By the way, I would be careful what you say. Leave me your phone number if you have one or any balls - well we know you don't. I will be back in Laramie this summer to do some research and I would love to give you the opportunity to drop me. Stop by the Ag Department and say hello. Many people have tried, and many people have lied. Have a good day John Wayne.
    Toshio

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/31/2011 5:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
    So we are supposed to wait on your expert opiniion after you visit from Cheyenne? I can't wait. What will we do? By the way, I would be careful what you say. Leave me your phone number if you have one or any balls - well we know you don't. I will be back in Laramie this summer to do some research and I would love to give you the opportunity to drop me. Stop by the Ag Department and say hello. Many people have tried, and many people have lied. Have a good day John Wayne.
    Toshio
    Just keep me posted retard. If I'm in the area I'll be more than happy to do it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast