Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/24/2011 10:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Burton Richardson is a Grappling Unlimited BB.

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Crazy Monkey Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish that I would have seen this thread back when you asked about Burton. His classes are AWESOME. I trained with him weekly for two years. We got training from Randy Couture, Barret Yoshida, Egan and Enson Inoue--pride fighters--and even Bj Penn's coach. Burton saw to it that we were getting the training that was working NOW in MMA. He also brought in Matt Thornton--someone mentioned his name in a post reply. Burton has an excellent all around mixed martial arts game and is an excellent teacher. I actually did training by video after I left Hawaii for about 6 months. It is just as effective but you need to practice and go along with him on the video. He has many many licensed teachers around the world that train a majority by video and then will come to a seminar or Burton will visit them. Its pretty sweet. We even got to train kali stick fighting and knife fighting. Burton isn't about looking good he is about effective training that works in a street fight right now. He constantly trains with top notch fighters to keep his training current and effective. He is excellent in adding to your martial arts repertoire.
    Last edited by miahwebb; 1/28/2013 10:16pm at . Reason: typo

Posted On:
    1/28/2013 10:53pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from MABS because there was no claim of questionable behavior made in this thread.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Richardson's also done some Zulu stickfighting in Africa, which is pretty neat.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2013 2:33pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I liked his Zulu stickfighting video. That's pretty cool. Also all the stick sparring that he does in flip flops! And he also appears in one of the Dog Brother videos. I think it is the Sinawale video, but I may be mistaken on that.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 12:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Crazy Monkey Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Flip Flops

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, I liked his Zulu stickfighting video. That's pretty cool. Also all the stick sparring that he does in flip flops! And he also appears in one of the Dog Brother videos. I think it is the Sinawale video, but I may be mistaken on that.
    The reason why you see Burton in flip flops--aka Slippahs in Hawaiian pidgin--is because Burton is a huge advocate in training in the same clothes/attire that you would cruise around in. SO that if/when you do have to engage in an altercation, you are doing so in your regular wear. In this case it would be at the beach or some where along those lines. Obviously we didn't train in suits/ties etc. But that was his way of keeping things as real situation as possible. The guy has some killer training for real life situations. Like against the wall in a bar etc. It's awesome... brah.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 1:56am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miahwebb View Post
    But that was his way of keeping things as real situation as possible. The guy has some killer training for real life situations. Like against the wall in a bar etc.
    This is one of the positives; not only should the system continue to evolve, it should have its basis somewhere in the real world.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miahwebb View Post
    The reason why you see Burton in flip flops--aka Slippahs in Hawaiian pidgin--is because Burton is a huge advocate in training in the same clothes/attire that you would cruise around in. SO that if/when you do have to engage in an altercation, you are doing so in your regular wear. In this case it would be at the beach or some where along those lines. Obviously we didn't train in suits/ties etc. But that was his way of keeping things as real situation as possible. The guy has some killer training for real life situations. Like against the wall in a bar etc. It's awesome... brah.
    Yeah, I know. He says that in the comment section of the youtube video.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123