Style
    Judo, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gold Coast, Australia - who trains and where?

Guys, Not sure of best place to post, so figured here is the safest, as I'll effectively be a newbie again:

Time to move on from aikido - politics taking up too much time. Don't need any "aikido sucks" nutrider comments - that's not my reason for why I was training there or why I am moving on.
    Now health problems over I can get back to more physical training. Always been a grappler, so looking at judo / BJJ / MMA / wrestling.
    Already hold shodan in judo - also got a blue card and the whole japanese thing going on, so only concern is that I'll end up with looking after kids rather than my own training.
    Here are the ones I'm looking at - any of you had any exposure?

RAKUEN JUDO - two dojo - one near house and other near work. Looks very "family orientated" so not sure of intensity of training?
    FIGHT CLUB JUJITSU - good reputation
    SHINDO MMA - good reputation
    PUMMA - good reputation

Of course I'm going to check them all out first - interested in your feedback though.

Cheers

Style
    BJJ/Zumba
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by traversnz View Post
    Guys, Not sure of best place to post, so figured here is the safest, as I'll effectively be a newbie again:

Time to move on from aikido - politics taking up too much time. Don't need any "aikido sucks" nutrider comments - that's not my reason for why I was training there or why I am moving on.
    Now health problems over I can get back to more physical training. Always been a grappler, so looking at judo / BJJ / MMA / wrestling.
    Already hold shodan in judo - also got a blue card and the whole japanese thing going on, so only concern is that I'll end up with looking after kids rather than my own training.
    Here are the ones I'm looking at - any of you had any exposure?

RAKUEN JUDO - two dojo - one near house and other near work. Looks very "family orientated" so not sure of intensity of training?
    FIGHT CLUB JUJITSU - good reputation
    SHINDO MMA - good reputation
    PUMMA - good reputation

Of course I'm going to check them all out first - interested in your feedback though.

Cheers
    Excellent you're moving back to arts that train in alive manner, they are sooo much fun, grappling is fucking awesome! Human chess, tactics, strategy, full body feedback, so sweet. (I got carried away before I read you're already shodan, haha).

Shindo MMA - Deadmeat (user on here) is one of the instructors there, but I don't believe he's been on the site for a while, but they have good skills, and train hard.

PUMMA - Vince Perry is a great coach, and cool guy (been to a couple of his comps), looks like you should be able to train every night for BJJ.

Full Metal Jiu Jitsu - Aus Mendes Brother associates, Juggs is a cool guy, but had only limited interaction with him, nothing direclty, more through his students as they are affiliated with Gamebred in Bris for the BJJ side of things! Intensive training focus, great guest seminars (Mendes Bros, Andre Galvao, Jeff Glover etc), good competition focus, and good training environment to push yourself further. I've probably had the MOST contact with students or affiliated students with FMJJ.

Also, they have pretty tight connections with top Japanese MMA gyms etc, Juggs was over there for a while, I believe: "With deep connections to some of Japan’s top MMA gyms including AACC, Sonic Squad, BRAVE Gym and Academia Reversal, our students benefit from fresh techniques brought in from around the world."

http://www.fullmetaljiujitsu.com/classes

I'd suggest just going to see what they're like, most should have a free trial for sure!

Sorry I can't help on the Judo side of things.
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 1/30/2013 11:01pm at .
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Style
    Judo, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheers mate. Yeah, we are pretty spoilt down here. Looking forward to getting into the thick of things again. Hope to see you on the mat soon.
    Choke ya later!