Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    I probably would have misinterpreted it as such. I think Omega did at first, if that tells you anything.
    I went and looked at the original article because I thought the wrong picture had been linked to.
    I still have no idea what's going on there.

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 2:17pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I went and looked at the original article because I thought the wrong picture had been linked to.
    I still have no idea what's going on there.
    I'm injured (but still training) right now. I'm doing a tourney on April 8th, but after that I'm going to have a discussion with those guys.

It's kind of low on the priority list right now, but I'm still going to endeavor to make it happen. Crappling of this sort should not be excused.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 4:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dialect is berry sneaky, as I see that you have underestimated my sneakyness. As for the dirty noob ankle lock counter, I was lookin to give an idea of where to go and other opptions and the whatnot.
    It is a given that you should perfect your basics, but you need to still be aware of what is comin at you(even if you cant stop it) . And its not like I showed him the Zapurder lock :5propelle (hahahaha jnp) So I am keepin it simple; ya know just givin a taste.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually nobody has any fucking clue what you said earlier.

A more earnest effort to describe your technique, with pictures if neccessary, would get you taken more seriously.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 6:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Actually nobody has any fucking clue what you said earlier.

A more earnest effort to describe your technique, with pictures if neccessary, would get you taken more seriously.
    How about some fucking questions then? Sound good? Hmmmmmmm???

I guess I shall now ask you Yrkoon9 since you seem to have the amazing mind reading powers of all bullshido forum readers. What dont you understand, remember be specific and I will answer them as such.

Pictures are prolly gunna be a must for this, but if you ask questions I will clarify for you. If pics are needed jnp needs to take some for another thread and we will do them at the same time.

Oh yeah one more thing the biggining of my first post was a joke (lemme 'splain) and the end was a family guy quote (Stewie)
    Last edited by Zapruder; 3/24/2006 6:24pm at .

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 6:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't mistake me for someone who cares.

Now feel my neglect~

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 6:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Don't mistake me for someone who cares.

Now feel my neglect~
    For someone that doesnt care why are you still talkin?
    And for someone that is "Tired of the drama" why you makin it?
    Last edited by Zapruder; 3/24/2006 6:57pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 10:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Your typing is a joke dude. Try spell check.
    So its not content that is important? If you wish superb gramatical skills I am gunna have to find time to hone them cuz I need to keep up with my bo staff skills and my numchuck skills. Ridiculous! I was makin a quick post to share a technique with all of you. And then I am flamed because I make jokes via the writing style. If grammar and speling are more important than content: I am just some dumb back woods sister fuckin toothless slack jawed mouth breathin yokel that dont know no differt cuz I aint got no learnin.
    Now if there are any questions regarding the technique I will break out my little brown handbook, make sure that I am following all MLA guidelines for forum posting, and give you an A+ answer.
    All sarcasm aside just ask and I will answer.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 8:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that you have had a full day to wallow in my neglect I will grace you with my presence again, Zaprude.

First of all you quoted me, and then said what you would 'do' to me with whatever the hell technique you were trying to present. That is originally what piqued my interest.

As others have commented your writing style needs work. Since words are the only medium we have to judge you by here on a message board the presentation of those words becomes exceedingly important if you are trying to accomplish a difficult task such as present a technique.

Now I am going to give you some hints. Your posts should have style, substance, and readability. Preferably they will have all three. So far you have barely mastered one. Unfortunately it was not what you needed. For instance if you were just going to flame someone you really only need style. But if you were going to present a technique you could forego style and focus on substance and readability.

Another example: If Albert Einstein were alive today and posting on a message board he would not be well received if his message read like this:

OMG dudez, Imma bust out some some seriuz phsycs on ya'll now. Light and speed and all that stuff is relative. I worked this shitz out on da blackboard and trus me - itz da bomb. If youz got some question you jus let em fly
    No. We would look at him and think: You are a fucking idiot.

Now the reality of the matter is he is an innovative genius comparitively speaking. But we will never know. Because his presentation was so bad all we could do is sit in shock and horror at his inability to convey his thoughts through the spoken medium.

Now if ole Albert had nothing much to add, but just wanted to slap someone with his e-peen he wouldn't need substance or readability. Just a little style. A witty little one liner would suffice.

Consider yourself schooled and educated on the fundamentals of message board posting.

Now go get your fuckin shine box, boy.
    Last edited by Yrkoon9; 3/25/2006 8:41pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Thank you for once again gracing me with your presence. I have lurked for a while and read so of the things that you post i.e. throttling and other dirty wonder tricks that you play. I guess I jumped the gun, as you and I have no repore, and assumed that my tone would carry through. (Yeah yeah ass outta you and me). Bu t you are still gunna be subject to my mood as to how my posts will be formatted.

As for my typing style, that comes form the multitasking I do at work ( so I have to shorten), mixed with the everyday colloquialisms that I like. Chat can be an evil thing that way. An as for the humor thing I guess it helps to know me or I come off as a real asshole.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast