Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    That Hung Leung video was hilarious, I found a lot of their sparring to be similar to retard-do, blitz forward, swing wildly, call it sparring.

Hey ! now , that you mention it , I have seen that before .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:11pm

Style: FMA, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc
    The only thing I can think of is a three-section-staff.
    I have to agree with this assessment. With the bench, at least you have something to sit on.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kickcatcher
    For the funniest weapons sequence EVER, go to this vid - at the 3min mark it starts to get really silly....
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7204432&q=kuen
    'interesting' sparring also in there.
    Grade A disaster.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:37pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody here ever mess around with the Kusari Fundo or Manriki Gusari? Ninja weapons; they're like 3' chains with either metal weights or handles on the ends. Kinda like a nunchaku, only more chain than grip. I use to know a bunch of moves with them, and daily carry one, hell, I even used them to great success in sparring against Karateka and TKDist friends with bokkens. Wrapped it around my own arm and once accidently smacked myself in the back with it. I ended up putting it in the same category as my crescent kick and said to hell with it.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Anybody here ever mess around with the Kusari Fundo or Manriki Gusari? Ninja weapons; they're like 3' chains with either metal weights or handles on the ends. Kinda like a nunchaku, only more chain than grip. I use to know a bunch of moves with them, and daily carry one, hell, I even used them to great success in sparring against Karateka and TKDist friends with bokkens. Wrapped it around my own arm and once accidently smacked myself in the back with it. I ended up putting it in the same category as my crescent kick and said to hell with it.

Yes. Our BundoKusari comes from Toda Ryu. (No we don't teach Toda Ryu, just where our katas come from). Its a VERY powerful weapon, however, like all chain weapons they take a LONG time and ALOT of training to master or even use well. If you don't have formal training with it I recommend you put in the closet, cause you will probably end up knocking yourself out. On second thought go for it!

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:13pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I was actually damn good with 'em, and actually had some real training from BBT, but after almost smacking myself in the head, and twice lightly tapping myself in the nuts after it wrapped around, I said to hell with flexible weapons. I prefer rigid impact weapons, like a club, or a blade like a knife, sword, or machete. You don't have to worry about it coming back around at you.

When I worked at the local knife store parttime, all the idiots would always come in and ask for a nunchaku or 3SS demo. I would shake my head and tell them I prefered simple weapons; there's less to go wrong and the easier it is to use the better it is in combat. Then I'd take down the Escrima sticks and show off some sinawali and redonda. The moronic managers and owners couldn't get the steel telescoping batons to open, but I could snap 'em out with a quick abeneco.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula

You best check yo self before you reck yo self!
    isnt that what meat was said on Aqua Teen Hunger Force?
    AANNY way nunchaku are just the most ruined MA weopon, when my master goes back to Vietname he brings a pair of telescoping chucks with him on the street. They can be usful if you use them like they are sapose to be used, bash some one with them. but there are far better things that you could use, the only reason why they are good is because they have far range with minimal room of storage on your body. :wav:

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:23pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    Hey, I was actually damn good with 'em, and actually had some real training from BBT, but after almost smacking myself in the head, and twice lightly tapping myself in the nuts after it wrapped around, I said to hell with flexible weapons. I prefer rigid impact weapons, like a club, or a blade like a knife, sword, or machete. You don't have to worry about it coming back around at you.

When I worked at the local knife store parttime, all the idiots would always come in and ask for a nunchaku or 3SS demo. I would shake my head and tell them I prefered simple weapons; there's less to go wrong and the easier it is to use the better it is in combat. Then I'd take down the Escrima sticks and show off some sinawali and redonda. The moronic managers and owners couldn't get the steel telescoping batons to open, but I could snap 'em out with a quick abeneco.

Personally I like chain weapons. Hard to Predict, block or evade. However, unlike solid weapons , you need more then a curousity overview of the weapon to use it. Otherwise, you are going to just hurt yourself. But you would know that already :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:28pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think the crapest weapon ever would a gun that, for whatever reason, always screws up and shoots you in the face when you pull the trigger.

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should know that PHil Eatmore has taken a personal interest in this thread.

He's put it up on his forum and is busy defending the nunchakus. He's pretty nifty with them, apparently.

I'd love to run into phil in a self-defence situation. I'm pretty sure I could steal his wallet, punch him in the face and elbow his head off all in the time it takes him to choose whether to attack me with his small gun, his large gun, his small prodding stick thing, his flashlight, one of 3 knives concealed on his person AND a pair of nunchucks.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast