Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 5:19pm

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pride 31. Holy cupcakes!

Hunt vs. Nishijima- Has anyone seen boxing that good in an MMA ring before?

Hammer House vs. Chute Boxe - What the hell happened?

Mark Coleman vs. Cauliflower Head - What the hell is that thing??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 1:10pm

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, they said Nishijima was a "cruiserweight champion," but I didn't know on what level. According to boxrec.com, he was WBO NABO champion, OPBF champion, and even WBF world champion. I think he should go to Cage Rage, where Boxing is appreciated, and a ground game isn't as vital.

How 'bout Pedro losing? My PPV provider fucked up and I missed the first 20 minutes of this event, including this whole fight, so I had to watch it on youtube. Truly shocking. I mean, I know alot of people(myself included) think that Pride has better talent overall than the UFC, but seriously, what the ****?! I guess his career really is over.

I felt bad for Shogun; he didn't belong at Heavyweight to begin with, but I still expected him to win...and what a shitty way to lose. I hope this injury is as minor as a joint dislocation usually is, and that it doesn't impact his career. Oh, and good for Coleman.

And Yoon Dong Sik actually holding his own against Rampage? Who'da' thunkit? After a performance like that, it's hard to believe that the Korean is 0-3. Thankfully, the Pride higherups are more forgiving than they could be, and he'll prolly be back.

Unlike Shogun, Alistair Overeem looks at-home over 205. I couldn't tell if that high-pitched noise when he was elbowing Kharitonov was skin slapping, or ribs cracking. I'm still curious to see how his endurance will serve him in a tournament setting at Heavyweight.

Pre-fight, I was kind of favoring Sperry by sub over Kosaka, and about 30 seconds in I was sure TK would get knocked out. Another upset.

Barnett vs. Fatty Nakamura, Nogueira vs. Tamura, and Werdum vs. Einemo all went as expected.

Easily the most intriguing Pride event since Bushido the Tournament.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 4:01pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rua's brother had to sucker punch Coleman as he was being restrained by 2 guys, fucking low blow at any level.

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 4:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think we really got to see one way or another whether Shogun belongs at that weight, considering the shortness of the match and the way in which it ended. I personally would rather see him at 205, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Shogun/Coleman rematch if/when Shogun gets healthy.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 5:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Rua's brother had to sucker punch Coleman as he was being restrained by 2 guys, fucking low blow at any level.
    As far as I could see Coleman was aggressive and shouting at Murilo when he jumped in to tend to his brother's arm. I thin that's what started it. Speaking of which, what the hell was with Coleman's rage? Has he fallen to the dark side or have the steroids finally reached his brain?

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 5:34pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    As far as I could see Coleman was aggressive and shouting at Murilo when he jumped in to tend to his brother's arm. I thin that's what started it. Speaking of which, what the hell was with Coleman's rage? Has he fallen to the dark side or have the steroids finally reached his brain?
    No one is exactly sure what happened, but Coleman said in the post-fight press conference that he understood that Chute Boxe only came out to protect Shogun, and that he had no hard feelings. Whether or not someone made him say this is up for debate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 5:42pm

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Rua's brother
    Strangely enough also named Rua.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 8:10pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's up with Ninja being same height as me, but having 30 pounds on me?
    Do I need to start training weights or something?

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 9:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it was a surprisingly cool event...

hunt nishijima was like the hunt bouts of old... i love hunt, he is great. i hope he starts fighting smart though because much as i like to see his chin of steel, i dont wanna see him punch drunk.

rua coleman - hmm. i dunno what it is about coleman but i just hate him... he is so aggro... so stressed... but to be fair, he did nothing wrong on the night (apart from thai clinch and throw the ref to the floor.) He should have got a yellow for that.

what you didnt see on the PPV was that coleman threw the ref to the floor and i think it was ninja jumped in and yelled at him. the rest of the team poured in too and coleman backed off with his arms wide... wait i forgot... ah yes... silva ran straight at coleman and pill baloney tackled him down pretty good... i think coleman stood on silvas face at that point (i hear, but i couldnt see it) everyone came in and started yelling... some guy threw the sissiest girly punch over the top of some peoples heads that bounced off colemans nostril. then the PPV cut back and it looks like silva was almost triangling baloney... nyeh, anyway. i feel sorry for coleman in a way... he spends to much time with baloney masturbating in front of the mirror yelling "I'm the fucking man. I'm the fucking man!" him and baloney are funny together... he was looking at him like "Am I the fucking man?" hesitatantly and baloney is like "Yes, mark Yes you are the fucking man. Now get on those ropes and bellow like an ape into the crowd and inform them that you are the fucking man! Yes you are you tiger!" Coleman - "Even if I won the fight via tko cos of an injury?" "Hell yes your manliness is not affected by the reason for the win. Just remember that you are the fucking man!" "I am the fucking man!" etc. etc.

how does he end up in these silly situations... like the time alan goes went after him like a zombie, he looked so confused... and the time he won the pride gp and he staggered around gibbering 'i dont know whats going on...'

it was an exciting event though. I can taste the rivalry developing between hammerhouse and chuteboxe...

coleman vs either ninja, shogun or even wandy is an absolute deadset for the gp opening round in may. can't wait!
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 9:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SI5M...rch=pride%2031

Coleman is a fucking meatheaded retard who's been hanging around Baroni too much.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast