Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:46am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I actually personally trained with him as my old instructor was a personal student of his. He a lot of skill. But, he is really fat. Just more body to hide knives on.

Tell me honestly; would you trade a dignified appearance for skill in something you'll probably never use?
    Ninja jokes aside, KageKaze, I do respect your opinion. Can you tell me how it is useful to spend your life training to draw a concealed weapon and murder someone? Look, if your opponent has a knife, the sensible thing to to is to either run or shoot him. If he doesn't have a weapon, than why the **** do you need to carve him up?
    Iaijutsu(do) is also about drawing and killing instantly. The difference is that it's actually an art, and no one(I think) wears his daisho out for a stroll in the park.
    Most Kali systems are just about a bunch of degenerate third-worlders who will stab someone at the drop of a hat, because they don't have the self esteem to shake off a nasty remark, nor the skill to give someone a good old-fashioned beatdown.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:23am

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most Kali systems are just about a bunch of degenerate third-worlders who will stab someone at the drop of a hat

lmao, so funny :Din my sig

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamma
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! You funny guy! Do you have a profile on there?

Question: I had always heard that the yo yo was a Filippino hunting weapon for killing birds.

Now when I lived in the Philippines I heard no such thing. Does anyone know?

LOL! That's just too much!

The Yo Yo is one of the oldest TOYS known in all of civilisation anywhere in the world.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have found some "Whip Boxing " videos out of Texas and out of Oz. If you google around enough you can find some groups who lock themselves in giant chain link batting cage looking things while wearing leather armor and fencing masks . And yes ... they fight it out with 10 -18 foot long whips . Some noisy stuff but it looks like great fun .

And YEP here is it ... http://www.aussiewhipmaker.com/WhipBoxing.htm

EDIT

Another site with more video footage and pictures http://www.whipboxing.com/video.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:54pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard that Ama Guro Rufino "Raffy" Pambuan, of Ocoee, FL is pretty good with a whip.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to Master Guy "I fight naked because I am invisible" Savelli the dealy body whip is the is the most advantageous strike to train in...see....

"Advantages of the WHIP and how it compares to other hits

1. natural power

2. needs little preparation

3. virtually invisible

4. the only way on can move and commit completely in one direction and, without stopping or losing speed, reverse direction

5. size, weight and gender or person using it makes no difference

6. can be thrown from any angle, anywhere close to or far from the body without losing effectiveness or form

7. completely confusing to the opponent

8. seldom used or known

9. needs no particular state of emotional preparation compared to other strikes

10. the fastest way to generate the most power using any or all parts of the body

11. needs no previous conditioning of flesh or bone being used to hit

12. adds power to even the most rigidly used movement

13. can be adjusted while in flight or when totally committed to a move, to compnesate for a change in the position or angle of the desired target." :beatdead:

http://www.worldkungfu.com/whip.html

Heel Hook Hunter

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 4:15pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: Jiu Jitsu | Knife

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    Tell me honestly; would you trade a dignified appearance for skill in something you'll probably never use?
    I don't think it is a tradeoff. I was joking about being fat to hide more knives. Some people are just big.

Ninja jokes aside, KageKaze, I do respect your opinion. Can you tell me how it is useful to spend your life training to draw a concealed weapon and murder someone? Look, if your opponent has a knife, the sensible thing to to is to either run or shoot him.
    Shooting someone with a knife is like stabbing an unarmed person. Is one step up in force. However, there are both deadly weapons, so an arguement can be made. Remember, running might mean you get stabbed in the back. :)

If he doesn't have a weapon, than why the **** do you need to carve him up?
    You don't. They train knife on knife.

Iaijutsu(do) is also about drawing and killing instantly. The difference is that it's actually an art, and no one(I think) wears his daisho out for a stroll in the park.
    Actually I do know someone. If you go the dojo reviews, there is one on a wanna be samurai (Binghamton Shinkage Ryu). He carry a Katana every wear he goes. It is wraped so no one knows what it is. But is it a Katana. He is a bit off, if you talk about LARPing, THAT is LARPing.

Most Kali systems are just about a bunch of degenerate third-worlders who will stab someone at the drop of a hat, because they don't have the self esteem to shake off a nasty remark, nor the skill to give someone a good old-fashioned beatdown.
    Mostly correct. But there are many Kali schools like Sayoc that just teach good old Filpino knife.

Personally, I train Japanese Knife. Am I gong to stab someone? No. However, if you understand a weapon it easier to defend against and secondly a quick counter cut with your own knife to disarm someone is better knife defense then a lot of the bullshit techniques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 9:21am

Style: grab & elbow the head

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got myself a very nice whip yesterday along with the two videos of "mastering the bull whip", practice starts today :new_bdays

most information packed ma video i have seen so far btw, the guy used no power whatsoever, but boy, was that whip cracking :new_bdays definately a good investment for anyone interested in the whip

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/02/2007 4:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: KunTao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    According to Master Guy "I fight naked because I am invisible" Savelli the dealy body whip is the is the most advantageous strike to train in...see....

"Advantages of the WHIP and how it compares to other hits

1. natural power

2. needs little preparation

3. virtually invisible

4. the only way on can move and commit completely in one direction and, without stopping or losing speed, reverse direction

5. size, weight and gender or person using it makes no difference

6. can be thrown from any angle, anywhere close to or far from the body without losing effectiveness or form

7. completely confusing to the opponent

8. seldom used or known

9. needs no particular state of emotional preparation compared to other strikes

10. the fastest way to generate the most power using any or all parts of the body

11. needs no previous conditioning of flesh or bone being used to hit

12. adds power to even the most rigidly used movement

13. can be adjusted while in flight or when totally committed to a move, to compnesate for a change in the position or angle of the desired target." :beatdead:

http://www.worldkungfu.com/whip.html
    True to be told, I have trained under Savelli's highest pupil Master Rogers, and yeah, I agree with everything Grand Master Savelli says, because of what I have seen, experienced and done under their training.

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 5:10am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Go Check out the Tutorials section over @ www.alt.com

Can you give me your address please, the IT dept at work want to billl someone for a new keyboard.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast