The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 7:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dochter speaks truth!

A note on integrating bodyweight and iron exerciess.

Try using bodyweight exercises that put you in an unstable range of motion - something that can't be achieved (too dangerous with weights)
    ie. hindu pushups, hindu squats, handstand pushups, indian/reverse pushups, etc

--------
    Don't view the glass as half empty, view it as half full of ****.
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 7:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At one point and time, I could do 3, one handed, handstand pushups. I've been very lazy recently and thusly struggle to do 10 handstand pushups. It's best to do them after running. I run, then stretch, then do pushups, situps, kicks, then stretch, then run.

I never could do them free standing, I always have to use a wall or something.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bow down to N8y5000

--------
    Don't view the glass as half empty, view it as half full of ****.
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be able to do three unsupported handstand pushups, but then I hurt my shoulder. Against a wall?? Let me try and find out.

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shoulder's still not quite right.

"I'm devastating, looking for some refreshment!"

Courtesy of flubtitles.com
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 9:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's not working my stabilizers I usually don't bother with the exercise.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 9:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like excercise is really like everything else, no one has it 100% right so I look for a general concenous of opinions.

For the record, I have Combat Conditioning, and I think it is just okay. For $30 I was expecting a little more. Most of the the stuff in the book is detailed on his website, like instructions on how do Hindu squats and push ups, and that is all I used the book for.

As for bridging, like I said, I have one book that says it is good, another says it is good only if you have a coach to make such you do it right, and about 5 books that say its wrong in all circumstances. I don't trust myself to do it "right", so I don't do it at all. I should point out that I have just as many books saying that most people can't do crunches or sit ups properly and are possibly doing more harm than good when performing these common excercises.

Wastrel has a good point about strecthing. I do use static strecthes in my cool downs or if I jsut what to see how flexible I'm getting. The point I was trying to make was that most people do those stretches at the wrong time and in the wrong way.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 10:14pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I agree Wastrel has stretching down 100%. As far as back bridges are concerned... I do them because they work for me. My neck and back always feel looser and healthier afterwards, and I've noticed gains in strength in my neck and lower back from them.

As for using the wall for handstand pushups.. I do that too, for now. When I get to the point where I can do 15 or so with no trouble, then I'll take away the wall, because then I figure my arms will be strong enough to be able to balance me better. Also, has anyone else noticed that handstand pushups seem to work your forearms/grip like nothing else?

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 11:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do wide grip pullups with weight attached to my ass. I am super weird and multi-functional.

You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hindlegs but if you get a group of men together you can create a herd of sheep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2003 11:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm naturally muscular and I put on muscle quickly, so I like doing things like push up and sit ups, etc. There is still plenty of room for advancement that can really only be achieved by using weights.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast