Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:57am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    Are you letting JFS sleep over at your place ....

Not that I am complaining , just wondering .

No he is staying with a Friend in DC. I am up near Baltimore.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 9:05am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    I was getting DLT confused with the DDT, and images of Jake the Snake Roberts were in my head.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 10:14am

Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze

Its ok, don't cry. I heard cutting yourself helps. All the cool kids are doing it.

No, no, no! That is SO last year. Cigarette burns are in this season. Double cool points if they're cloves.

True story;
    Went to an emo show last year, since my buddy begged me to go see his shitty band. I was pissed because the bar was closed and they made me leave my Wild Turkey in the car. Some fucking dick was wearing a t-shirt that said White Dragon Kempo, and he started giving me that straitedge propaganda. I bitchslapped him, expecting him to come at me swinging. He sat down and started crying, and 20 other guys went up and began giving him hugs. Seeing that there was no booze, and all the ***** was underage, we headed back to the car.
    There was a group of 10 or 15 kids in the lot, and at first glance we thought they MUST be passing a j. Nope. It was a razor blade, and they were taking turns making superficial cuts in their arms. I fucking pray that they all caught AIDS or hepatitis.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    No, no, no! That is SO last year. Cigarette burns are in this season. Double cool points if they're cloves.

True story;
    Went to an emo show last year, since my buddy begged me to go see his shitty band. I was pissed because the bar was closed and they made me leave my Wild Turkey in the car. Some fucking dick was wearing a t-shirt that said White Dragon Kempo, and he started giving me that straitedge propaganda. I bitchslapped him, expecting him to come at me swinging. He sat down and started crying, and 20 other guys went up and began giving him hugs. Seeing that there was no booze, and all the ***** was underage, we headed back to the car.
    There was a group of 10 or 15 kids in the lot, and at first glance we thought they MUST be passing a j. Nope. It was a razor blade, and they were taking turns making superficial cuts in their arms. I fucking pray that they all caught AIDS or hepatitis.
    And think is my day, Shooting up the school was cool. Now I feel old...and I am only 23. Wow thing change in 6 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 12:08pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon McNeil
    This may be an obstacle to overcome in the Sportive Combat team. Let me explain. there is a guy in the english department at the school who is quite athletic. He was very interested in the "san da club" that I am throwing together. So today he says "can you show me some sort of wrestling throw?"

I say "Sure" and immediately go into a DLT, stopping just short of dumping him ass first into the glass topped table that was behind us.

He was surprised to say the least but before I could explain to him how to do it he says "but in my culture we do it like this..." and starts into a hip toss. Now, don't get me wrong, I like hip tosses too... I just like the DLT more. So I say to him "yeah but when you do that you have to be careful about reversals" then I take two little shuffling steps backwards and allow him to carry past his point of balance (I made sure not to drop him because I don't want to hurt the guy who I do consider a friend after all) but enough to demonstrate exactly what I meant by a reversal.

So I'm so making the DLT a first-day drill and hopefully I can overcome the "in my culture" barrier to new techniques right at the outset... Hell although I learned the DLT in my grade 8 wrestling team I learned how to do it well under my Gong Fu techer... in Canada.
    I don't think it's necessarily an "obstacle" to overcome...but something that you can work with...everybody has their strengths obviously, you, your new training partner there, etc...

I'll guarantee you that if he's trained regularly and is proficient in whatever style he trains, that he'll have plenty to offer you in terms of setting up those hip throws and whatnot...just in the same light that you have plenty to offer him in teaching doubles, single, trips, etc. And hell, maybe he has some counters to those counters to the hip throw that you're unfamiliar with...

Don't apporach it from the standpoint of "we have to unlearn all of his habits here"...but in terms of "let's add my techniques to his arsenal and his to mine"...I think it's best in situations like this to avoid the "us vs. them" sort of mentality...because it basically alienates him because "you're right and he's wrong"...know what I mean?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 12:49pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Ninja-boy here has been getting enough attention from the ladies of late.

This may be because all he does is talk about being a ninja, when we all know that real ninjas never talk about being a ninja.

See the ninja. Be the ninja.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 12:51pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo

True story;
    Your first mistake was going to an emo show.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 1:13pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    And think is my day, Shooting up the school was cool. Now I feel old...and I am only 23. Wow thing change in 6 years.
    Kids have been cutting on themselves since blades have been around. 22 years ago I went to a jr. high school where several students carried guns to school.

In conclusion, STFU you emo fag.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I don't think Ninja-boy here has been getting enough attention from the ladies of late.

This may be because all he does is talk about being a ninja, when we all know that real ninjas never talk about being a ninja.

See the ninja. Be the ninja.
    I know :(

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 2:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'll make myself a BLT.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast