Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine the most likely scenario is getting a cease and desist notice
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 10:40am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are aware you have to win a regional qualifying tourney to get into the IKF world championships right? Lucky for you the qualifying is in Memphis.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 10:45am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that's just for seeding. The IKF officials at the event (and the IKF website) both say that you do not need to qualify at regionals to enter, in fact, the IKF officials said you'll probably get more fights at Worlds if you DONT seed.

Though regardless, i am already in touch with the guy that runs the regionals, we might do them, might not. Not sure yet.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 11:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: Nvm, rules were changed back, you're right.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 11:33am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats what the man said. Though you do have to pay a fee to the regional promoter if you miss the regionals.
    http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/RegionalWaiver.htm

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 12:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I just remember the big deal last year was that you had to here, but I guess people didn't like the idea. I know most people have hard times finding people to fight at regionals so they probably just did away with it.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I was finally able to watch Kid's fight. I don't have much to contribute that the others haven't already touched on in great detail but I will say that her fatigue was very evident about halfway through the clip. Also, it looked to me like Roo had a size advantage.

Thanks for sharing the vid, Kid. As always I enjoyed watching.

EDIT: Was finally able to watch Anna's video too. Anna, that was some sweet head movement. One guy I know has major problems with implementing head movement. I tell him to move his head but his head movement is way too small. I'll show him your clip to give him a demonstration of how a person should move their head so as not to get pounded.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 3/01/2006 6:11pm at .
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kid

All things considered, you did really well. I think you won the first round, but as you said, the clinching got the better of you, in the later rounds.

You might want to talk to your coach about how to neutralize your opponent in the clinch, if he hasn't already taught you that. Either a shin across your opponent's waist, or shoving them backwards while you have your thigh between their legs, is usually enough to tie them up, to prevent them from kneeing you any further. That's a good technique to use, when you're gassed.

Good job!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    Kid

All things considered, you did really well. I think you won the first round, but as you said, the clinching got the better of you, in the later rounds.

You might want to talk to your coach about how to neutralize your opponent in the clinch, if he hasn't already taught you that. Either a shin across your opponent's waist, or shoving them backwards while you have your thigh between their legs, is usually enough to tie them up, to prevent them from kneeing you any further. That's a good technique to use, when you're gassed.

Good job!

Thanks for the advice.

A few months ago, my clinch was the strongest part of my game. I was REALLY good at staying out of the clinch and controlling a person's head in my own clinch, and against taller opponents I was very good at getting my hips in and getting the underhooks to nuetralize the clinch. I was actually going in to this fight expecting to dominate with my clinch work, but having not practiced it in months and I totally lost it.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314