Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 10:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    At least it's not kuk sool won. Turtle neck's and pink fans make it teh gheyest looking MA around.

That's pretty bad, but at least their MA is not all about hugging men in pajamas.
    Shut the hell up and train.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A WARRIOR [Tm.--Ed.] could kill you with those fans a thousand times!

--J.D.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Does anyone know the point of those fans?

are they actually supposed to fight with em?
    Tessenjutsu (Japanese techniques using a folded iron fan) was practiced as a backup weapon by samurai - quite practical, essentially the same as using a yawara stick.

The Chinese and Korean versions of fan-fighting seem to have evolved towards ritual and performance - perhaps first in demos by local kung-fu school at village festivals, etc., then seen on stage in Beijing Opera performances and finally in chopsockey movies. It's showmanship - I doubt that the elaborate techniques of flipping and juggling the fans were ever intended for use in a real fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:11pm

Style: FMA, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If every martial artists had to wear unitards, there'd be fewer overweight "masters" prancing around.

Seriously, Savate is great. A very effective striking art and fun to practice. You only have to deal with the silly outfits if you're competing in a sanctioned event.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those fans have metal veins and a good hard crack with a folded up one is something you'll remember.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    Sue me will ya !

Not if I destroy you first !!

Take that

And this

(I love the expression on this guys face, cause he knows how gay he looks)
    You have effectively killed my neurons. I'm slowly falling down into a catatonic state after looking at these pictures of disaster.

I can no longer sue you. Apathy and darkness fill my soul.

In your conscience will remain the guilt of turning my mind into wonton soup by forcing me to watch those deadly gay fans... meanie.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:42pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS
    If every martial artists had to wear unitards, there'd be fewer overweight "masters" prancing around.
    You do have a point. I wouldn't mind seeing a fit d34dl3 martial arts chick instructor in a unitard. :evil4:

Quote Originally Posted by CMS
    Seriously, Savate is great. A very effective striking art and fun to practice. You only have to deal with the silly outfits if you're competing in a sanctioned event.
    Yeah, this video.google clip shows some interesting fighting ... if you can get past the unitards, bad hair, and the God-awful background music... God damn it, who said Frenchies had good taste. :qleft3: :new_Eyecr

*** EDIT ***

FYI, this other clip shows a more interesting savate bout: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17696&q=savate
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 2/28/2006 1:48pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:48pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Waiting to see those fans in action. Maybe in some DB Gathering perhaps? KSW gay-fans FTW! :copdance:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 1:57pm

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    You do have a point. I wouldn't mind seeing a fit d34dl3 martial arts chick instructor in a unitard. :evil4:

Yeah, this video.google clip shows some interesting fighting ... if you can get past the unitards, bad hair, and the God-awful background music... God damn it, who said Frenchies had good taste. :qleft3: :new_Eyecr

*** EDIT ***

FYI, this other clip shows a more interesting savate bout: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17696&q=savate
    And if you look carefully, you see piece of recent history. In first fight there is Soviet Savateur fighting. Thankfully its Combat-match. Saw just video from Assaut (continuous light contact. Light being relative term. No KOs allowed) match. Guys kick even more faster and furious. But keep those damn hands up, you look like TKD, dammit! :f-off:

http://www.calsavate.com/

Under Fight video.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 2:17pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wouldn't mind giving Savate a go. Alas, it's only availible in Cambridge if you're in the UK. And where I am it's mainly TKD, Aikido, TKD, Aikido, TKD, Aikido...
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast