224682 Bullies, 3640 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:07am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Systema Chi Masta

Ok who the hell is this guy. This is the second time I've seen a video of him beating people up without touching them/tapping them. I wanna fight him :eusa_danc

http://www.russianmartialart.com/cat...clips/L.A..wmv

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist

Ok who the hell is this guy. This is the second time I've seen a video of him beating people up without touching them/tapping them. I wanna fight him :eusa_danc
    I would scrap with him ... bare handed ... with gloves ... whatever .

... what the **** is the context of that vid . That may have been an outtake real .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looks pretty ridiculous doesen't it? But the way the people reacted to the strikes is the systema way to take punches, it's not really meant to show how ultrahyperextreme the punches are. They pretty much behave like jelly and try to spread the kinetic-energy out and dissipate it. That backward rolling stuff is just another way to avoid/take strikes without injuring themselves (as far as I'm aware)

I do find the "psychic energy" video quite questionable though.

I'm not saying that it is or isn't bullshido as I haven't got any hands on experience with it (although it looks suspect at times), just putting some context into it.
    Last edited by Jebuyaga; 2/25/2006 1:22am at . Reason: Typo here typo there typos EVERYFUCKINGWHERE!!!!

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With very little research I found out that Systema is actually a grappling system not a striking system . That first video was a joke making fun of unrealistic striking systems like WC and MT .

this is the real footage http://www.russianmartialart.com/catalog/video/wr.wmv
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:28am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That guy..is Michail Ryabco of Russia....and would really enjoy watching anyone really attempt to fight him....I could use a laugh or two at the attackers expense.
    And if anyone is taking side bets....I could use the money also.

Another Systema thread...destined to get both positive and negative feedback...to 'live' for awhile - then float to the bottom and away.

Right on time, this seems to come up every 2 - 4 months on the site.

BUT - for all written by people who claim to have a grip on interpersonal comabatives....I have yet to see anything written by any practitoner of any combative methodology ACTUALLY get in contact with the main exponents of this art and 'test' it out for themselves...and write even a half way decent revue of the experience - positive or negative.

If you want to get into a repetitive 'btich' about how Systema 'looks' in clips....then search 'Systema' on this site, first.

The answers provided by going through the material might answer some questions...might not, for the individual....but, after being a part of many of those threads for the last few years, I really have no desire to go over old material again..and again...and again.

If something new comes up...it will be considered by the handful of Systema practitoners that are members of Bullshido. I am certain of this.
    Last edited by RobG; 2/25/2006 1:41am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:33am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why, has he trained in Sambo or something ?

Hang on a sec... Isn't that guy dead ??
    Last edited by Adrian5; 2/25/2006 1:36am at .

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Are you serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    That guy..is Michail Ryabco of Russia....and would really enjoy watching anyone really attempt to fight him....I could use a laugh or two at the attackers expense.
    And if anyone is taking side bets....I could use the money also.
    Are you really trying to defend this **** http://www.russianmartialart.com/catalog/video/wr.wmv

and this

Or are you saying the dude himself is a total bad ass he just teaches a bunch of bullshit becouse the real stuff is too deadly ?
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get it. He teaches wrestling? I saw him in another video somewhere, where he was doing chi demonstrations on his students who couldn't seem to even get close enough to him to touch him. He'd just turn his shoulder and they'd be BLOWN AWAY! I'll have to go find it.

BTW in that second video, I liked that neck crank that guy pulled off after popping his leg over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:48am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again...and as written MANY times before by others and myself....dont watch clips -- go and find someone that teaches Systema and roll with them.

REAL time experience..not clips nor vids can ever be anywhere as valid as putting your ass on the line, in real time. There is an open door policy for such things - anyone is free to try to roll with a certified guide - even the big names. VV and MR have such a policy.

I had one when I taught...even mentioned that a few times in invitation on this site, I believe...but back then -- regardless of the cyber-debate...and the fact that I was easily accessable in Brooklyn, NYC - no one that took up the task of a 'challenge' (and there were a few) - none ever identifed themselves as a person coming to check it out....as a BS member.

Perhaps a few were..but I doubt it.

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    Again...and as written MANY times before by others and myself....dont watch clips -- go and find someone that teaches Systema and roll with them.

REAL time experience..not clips nor vids can ever be anywhere as valid as putting your ass on the line, in real time. There is an open door policy for such things - anyone is free to try to roll with a certified guide - even the big names. VV and MR have such a policy.

I had one when I taught...even mentioned that a few times in invitation on this site, I believe...but back then -- regardless of the cyber-debate...and the fact that I was easily accessable in Brooklyn, NYC - no one that took up the task of a 'challenge' (and there were a few) - none ever identifed themselves as a person coming to check it out....as a BS member.

Perhaps a few were..but I doubt it.
    Ok you still haven't answered my criticism. I'm not questioning his system or grappling ability, I'm questioning why he has videos of himself teaching no touch knockouts and chi forcefields if he's primarily a Systema instructor that teaches wrestling tactics?
Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast