Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 6:56pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    UFC / MMA test

Aikido has Jason Deluca and Carlos Newton who has studied it somewhat http://mixedmartialartsexpo.com/popups/page14.htm Newton also studied Kung Fu and Tai Chi so I am iffy as to how applicable he is but for now I am grouping him into Aikido.

_ing_un: While I can find some examples of JKD I donít consider this to be _ing_un and I canít find any well known MMA fighters with an _ing_un background. Feel free to correct me anyone.

Conclusion: One silly point for _ing_un (although just barely over Aikido)
    Kevin Chan trains in BJJ and cagefighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungkorn Dam
    Isn't part of the Wing Chun philosophy to use the closest weapon to the target and take the shortest route to said target? Why would Wing Chun use a Hook punch?
    Yes, but we (at Kamon at least) still do them in order to train against them. Hooks/haymakers are one of the most used punches, even by non martial artists so you'll be a fool to ignore them.

Besides, even if something goes against some of the principles, if itís useful Iíll use it and hook can be useful, therefore I use them.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong

Yes, but we (at Kamon at least) still do them in order to train against them. Hooks/haymakers are one of the most used punches, even by non martial artists so you'll be a fool to ignore them.
    Then why is it that every WC video I have seen is WC defending against WC attacks (vertical chain punches) ?
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LolodesBois
    Then why is it that every WC video I have seen is WC defending against WC attacks (vertical chain punches) ?
    Well i cannot speak for other schools.

We do train against WC attacks but from the beginning hooks (and usually uppercuts) are also trained against. Then, the more you progress the more non-Wing Chun attacks are included. In freestyle Chi Sao you should train in a more natural "street" orientated way, using both Wing Chun techniques and non-Wing Chun techniques.

Some schools are far too traditional in their approach. They need to evolve and be a lot more natural.

Also, the Wing Chun techniques and principles work best at close quarters range, so i believe other types of attacks should also be included to broaden the style.
    Last edited by Bong; 4/04/2006 4:09pm at .

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:16pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WC needs broadening? I thought it was teh deadly system used to defeat the other shaolin systems thru its incredibly advanced theories and efficient powerful punching. Although the best lineage is **ng **un, it kicks the ass of other less scientfic martial arts with its anti-grappling, arm only punching chi sao and chi gerk. Its so deadly its students dare not spar. But you think it needs broadening? Are you sure?

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:18pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Steven Segal...

'nuff said.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    WC needs broadening? I thought it was teh deadly system used to defeat the other shaolin systems thru its incredibly advanced theories and efficient powerful punching. Although the best lineage is **ng **un, it kicks the ass of other less scientfic martial arts with its anti-grappling, arm only punching chi sao and chi gerk. Its so deadly its students dare not spar. But you think it needs broadening? Are you sure?
    Your a twat :homo:

I'm not afraid to say if and why a style needs developing in anyway. Wing Chun is greate for what it is designed to do, but i'm not going to pretend it's the uber all round deadly.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:31pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong
    You're a twat.(edited for grammar)

True. You happen to be a twat (evidence? homophobia=twat) that doesn't grasp basic grammer. Twat>Stupid/Ignorant Twat. Looks like I'm one step up the evolutionary ladder then. What's it like down there with the apes? Good luck making a silly stand-up fighting into a serious one. Or maybe, in the interest of saving yourself time, train in a serious stand-up fighting style. Just a thought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    What's it like down there with the apes?
    Are you saying your not an ape?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345