Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Yesterday John Rallo (Renzo Grace BJJ brown belt) was showing some "anti grapple" that I thought was pretty solid. He was stopping a guard pass with a stiff arm to the face. Then he got a bit of room and said "if I don't want to be here I just..." and he jumped to his feet.

You can argue that he was grappling, but he really wasn't going to submission or position, just enough to get back to his feet.
    Defending a guard pass is not "anti" grappling. Standing out of guard has as many uses in sport grappling as it does in vale tudo or elsewhere. I understand you do JJJ cross-trained with live-action Soul Calibur and therefore have trouble understanding essential fighting concepts, but please refrain from making definitive statements about grappling techniqes.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:16am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I am always willing to play around. I am not willing to risk injury, I have to work for a living in Public, so bruises and anything broken is out of the question.....
    Understandable. I'm in a profession that requires the same, and I'm not looking to get anything broken either.

I realize a grappler can easily flip me up and crack my skull on the floor, or flying arm-bar my elbow into 6 months of sharp pain or worse. So the idea of "really intent" on taking me down is not something I trust to unless I can be "really intent " on breaking their neck. Since I am not that intent, I would much rather just train with people safely. See where this always goes?
    No worries, I'm not proposing a fight to the death.

I am not saying I am to deadly to spar. I have complete control of myself. I am just not intersted in being a punching bag for someone that isn't interested in going easy to moderate and seeing if things are possible or not. I am 35, out of shape, and only get to train twice a week, most of which is with beginners, so any idea of dis-proving Anti-grapple with/against me is gonna be an invalid sample group to begin with. :duckie:
    If we assume the disclaimer above is valid then no friendly testing of "anti-grapple" will be, in itself, valid. Though if you ask the couple of people on this board who have seen me wrestle they'd say I'm a complete and total grappling n00b, so the same could likely be said for me.

What did you have in mind?
    Well...

Inland Empire or more towards Long Beach? I grew up in Riverside, Graduated from J. W. North High.....91/215 is my old stomping grounds :new_vampv
    I do live in the IE. Hemet to be exact. Depending on where you are, we could get together at the next SoCal TD.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am up In the Sacramento area, so IE is 6 hours away for me....but I do look at the SoCalTD dates and I do go down to Sewerside to visit family sometimes.

I think the main point that has been beat to death is you gotta grapple to learn to Anti-grapple, which is why I always say it should be writte (anti)Grapple instead.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:40am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Defending a guard pass is not "anti" grappling. Standing out of guard has as many uses in sport grappling as it does in vale tudo or elsewhere.
    I see "anti-grapple" as anything to get out of a grappling contest. Therefore, by defination that qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I understand you do JJJ cross-trained with live-action Soul Calibur and therefore have trouble understanding essential fighting concepts, but please refrain from making definitive statements about grappling techniqes.
    So my 3 years of BJJ suddenly doesn't count?

BJJ isn't the only grappling system. So.....no.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am up In the Sacramento area, so IE is 6 hours away for me....but I do look at the SoCalTD dates and I do go down to Sewerside to visit family sometimes.

I think the main point that has been beat to death is you gotta grapple to learn to Anti-grapple, which is why I always say it should be writte (anti)Grapple instead.
    Cool. Closest I ever come to Sac is a visit to family near the bay. Mention it if you're ever coming down.

My point is that I don't think these all-striking anti-grapples are much more than reliance on low-percentage moves to avoid learning ground skills. So if you've made them work, as you mentioned, then I'd like a friendly (but resistant) demo when you're in the SoCal.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 5:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The notion of Anti-anything is retarted you cocksucking motherfuckers.
    More human than human is our motto.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 5:58am

Style: HSR, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fanatical FTW. Spread the rep around.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 9:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 35, out of shape, and only get to train twice a week, most of which is with beginners, so any idea of dis-proving Anti-grapple with/against me is gonna be an invalid sample group to begin with.
    Sound pretty 'average' in terms of Chunners to me. A good representation of a typical students ability to put into practice the grand theory of _ing __un anti-crapple.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka

Though Jeremy Horn has one KO/TKO win for every two wins by submission, I wouldn't think of his bout with Liddel as the "striker vs grappler" fight. Horn knows how to strike.
    The main point was that when Horn tries to take him to the ground, or lure him into a ground game, Liddell refuses to play. He goes for the legs or to his back, but neither seems to work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 2:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatical
    The notion of Anti-anything is retarted you cocksucking motherfuckers.
    That sums it up. When someone says the do antigrappling what they are really saying is that they are retarded. I guess we shouldn't really make fun of retarded people. Even if they ask for it.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast