Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 1:47am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm 9-0 this week against gojitsu, including a reverse triangle off someone attempting to head-scissor me. I LOL at your positionless submissions and remind you that your breeding sow is physically incapable of standing out of her guard.

Besides, the correct answer is Chin-in-Eye. http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...fighterID=1443

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 1:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    No, chokes are the only submission you need.

Besides that, if the foot is inside and you're going for a heel hook...what do you mean by that?
    Do mean by when I said if the heel is inside? I mean like when you have their upper foot in your armpit and your arm curling under their foot and heel and you sort of do like a bicep curl. So their knee would be pointing to the outside.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How important do you think leglocks(Heelhooks, anklelocks, etc) are to a grappler's game? If you had a chance to train in BJJ would you not take if they didn't allow or teach leglocks?

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have to ask this question then you should forget about moving to a heel hook and concentrate on using what little control you have remaining to regain top position.

Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    How important do you think leglocks(Heelhooks, anklelocks, etc) are to a grappler's game? If you had a chance to train in BJJ would you not take if they didn't allow or teach leglocks?
    Our school disallows them for white belts. Not only is it a danger issue but leg locks usually sacrifice position for the submission, which at white belt level results in embarassing dramaboy vs. JFS leglock wars instead of developing a proper game.

They are important, but less so than many other things.
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 2/24/2006 2:02am at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 2:15am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do mean by when I said if the heel is inside? I mean like when you have their upper foot in your armpit and your arm curling under their foot and heel and you sort of do like a bicep curl. So their knee would be pointing to the outside.
    Good luck with that one...you can do it, but I put it on the same level as the can-opener for practical use.

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 2:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    If you have to ask this question then you should forget about moving to a heel hook and concentrate on using what little control you have remaining to regain top position.
    Yeah well if I have a chance to get top position I'll take it. These leg lock issues generally come up when I am up against people who are much larger than me so then I find it hard to keep or even get to those positions let alone keep guard. I find that leg attacks = easy positioning + little leverage needed so its easier to do against larger people. Is this a false concept? Honestly I don't know, I've only been doing it for a year and I find I have massive trouble pulling off triangles and armbars on enormous people.

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 2:34am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck with that one...you can do it, but I put it on the same level as the can-opener for practical use.
    Will keep it in mind. Thanks for the input.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 5:23am

Style: taido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hmmm.....

for real? because i get that one all the time, or use it in a chain of leglocks. however, rnc i never get, though i take the back all the time (that is its not for a lack of trying). I too am always grappling bigger people, and i happen to be a small person.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 5:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can get the inside heel hook on people that suck and have weak legs, in my experience.

I've never tapped to it, and never hurt my knee by not tapping to it...it's a crappy attack on the ligaments.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    2/24/2006 6:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega, that relatively falls under the "people who suck and have weak legs" stipulation. :D

Omega>Me=Me>Eternal Rage

They are certainly possible, but come on, you're gonna take one of those over a real heal hook!? Furthermore, I think you'd still have a hard time getting one on me. I think it's a shitty submission.

EDIT: And another thing, there are all kinds of ridiculous submissions I can get against people significantly shittier than me, but I don't count those as high percentage effective techniques.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 2/24/2006 6:27am at .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast