Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 10:50am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She refused to look

I think it's kind of like when u chase a chicken they stick there head in a hole and think they are safe because they can't see you... you don't exist, that type of thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:07am

Style: MT, Sanshou/Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you can always apologise, get closer to her, take her out on a fancy date and when walking her to her door, do a takedown on her, put her into some hold and starting screaming "Where's your TKD now?" However, getting charged with assault and battery may happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:14am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly.... people have to be retarded to think TKD itself is the deadly. For **** sakes... all you do is kick...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    Well you can always apologise, get closer to her, take her out on a fancy date and when walking her to her door, do a takedown on her, put her into some hold and starting screaming "Where's your TKD now?" However, getting charged with assault and battery may happen.
    Now that sounds like a plan :new_smile

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:17am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should just tell her the truth.

The only reason TKD was invented was for guys to bag chicks by making them think they are getting tough. Even my young nephew knows this. He doesn't want to take judo because there are no girls there.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so, I left her with the link to Bullshido, called her a baby, and left.
    Your debate skills are exemplary.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 12:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian5
    I told her that the only stuff taken seriously these days is boxing, muay thai, BJJ, wresting and Judo.
    I think you're just as narrow-minded as she is if you think these are the only worthwhile systems, unless you were just trolling her?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 12:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's other worthwhile systems, I just wasn't gonna sit there and list them all.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 12:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get me wrong, trolling her is perfectly acceptable in my book.

OTOH she does TKD, maybe she's hawt, did you ever think of that?

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 12:29pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian5
    Ok, this is the lowdown.

I was talking to a chick on MSN, but alas I didn't log the gem of a conversation.
    I've been talking to her occassionely for a few years, and she has been practicing the WTF Olympic brand of TKD for about sevens years, earning her black belt a couple of years ago. In the past she's hinted at things that make me think she's a classic bullshidoka. For instance: she informed me that she could beat me in a fight, a 50kg/115 pound waif of a girl, and me a 95kg/210+ pound man(pre-bjj experience, a touch of KB experience. I bit my tongue at this time and didn't say anything. Now Bullshido must be influencing me because I decided to bring up that I was now practising Brazilian JuJitsu, which I said generally dominates most other martial art styles. She began to get aggressive and said how could I know this?. I said there is archives of video evidence indicating this. She then seemed to suggest that TKD is awesome coz it's the only martial art practised at the olympics(...umm hold on a sec...). I told her that the only stuff taken seriously these days is boxing, muay thai, BJJ, wresting and Judo. Then she said I couldn't call BS on TKD because I've never down it. Now for a strange analogy one can conclude that on peering in a fishbowl that fish use their fins and tail to swim. I've also done kickboxing that drew all it's kicking techniques from the glorious korean art. She told me I didn't know **** about martial arts, which is amusing coming from someone that has never been in a streetfight, watched a UFC video, or practised any other martial art. She wasn't interested in having a mature debate and inquiring on why I have come to these conclusions on martial arts, so, I left her with the link to Bullshido, called her a baby, and left.

Now tell me Bullshidokians, was I out of line in trying to nudge this girl into the right direction, in line with the Bullshido manifesto, or should have I, we infact, leave these Bullshido artists to their own devices, and conclude it's a waste of time trying to enlighten the majority of them ?

You did good. Unfortunately most people are fanatically loyal to their "martial" arts to the point of stupidity.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast