Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 2:26am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Zane Frazier Appreciation Thread and His Interesting Website

I personally think that Zane Frazier is a one cool dude. Granted, his pro MMA record is terrible, but he's been fighting professionally for over a decade and is gradually finding ways to improve himself (he is somehow currently the WFC champion). Very respectable in my opinion, since not too many old school MMAers still compete. Outside of MMA competition, the man is an accomplished Kenpoist (he even studied with the late Ed Parker), a former street fighting bouncer, a competitor from the very first UFC, and best of all, he beat the **** out of Frank Dux.

I recently found out that he has an offical website (www.zanefrazier.com). It's an extended biography with his thoughts on martial arts and MMA fighting. It's very honest and well written (dispite his inflated win record on the site). Worth checking out and reading.
    Last edited by Nathan McScary; 2/23/2006 2:31am at .

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 1:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained under Zane in Kenpo for a few years when he was in Los Angeles. Since I moved I haven't had any contact with him, but would love to get in touch. He's a great guy and was a great Kenpo instructor. Since he left, I started training with Gokor and then when I moved to San Diego I've been training with Fabio Santos Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

Posted On:
    10/31/2006 2:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats the story about his fight with Frank Dux?

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 2:07am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's some discussion of it in this forum somewhere--maybe search Dux and Frazier.

The short version is that Frazier got fed up with Dux's lies, called him on it in person at some convention, and Dux actually took a swing at him. Frazier whacked him and it ended up in court.

What possessed Dux to take a swing at Frazier, an accomplished legitimate kickboxer, I'll never know.

Posted On:
    11/04/2006 4:10am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell, the old story in Ninjutsu was that Jack Hoban once called out Dux in the middle of his own fake ninja class, and he backed down.