Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/10/2004 7:31pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Build your own McDojo (N.A.P.M.A.)

This is funny but this comany is right across the street from where i work. and i checked there web site out and they freaking breed McDojo's. Its like a network of McDojo's that are acredited by this place. You can teach little ninja's now if you want.

http://www.napma.com/index.cfm

check it out.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2004 7:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...complete with a Coca-Cola program. Amazing.

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 12:41pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just loved their "Little Ninjas Urban Warrior Uniform" *Gag*

http://www.napma.com/page.cfm/6,0,0,0,0,14,0,0.html

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 1:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This group merits some more discussion, seeing as they are the main source of our problems.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 1:09pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NAPMA or LNUW or both?

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Claus
    This group merits some more discussion, seeing as they are the main source of our problems.
    I agree. Further, I would propose that there is a direct correlation between the rise of McDojos and people trying to teach MA as their main source of income. Most of the "old masters" made their living outside the field of martial arts - businessmen, tradesmen/craftsmen, etc - and taught the martial arts for the love. Thus, quality control could be maintained as they didn't have to whore the art out for the sake of putting food on the table. When your sole revenue source is your martial art, it almost becomes a necessity to become McDojo Bullshido. Money=survival. More money=better survival.

HOLY ASSCRAP! Check out the poll at the bottom right of their homepage. "An escrima program" designed by NAPMA. :angry7: There is no God, is there?
    Last edited by poidog; 12/11/2004 1:24pm at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    I agree. Further, I would propose that there is a direct correlation between the rise of McDojos and people trying to teach MA as their main source of income. Most of the "old masters" made their living outside the field of martial arts - businessmen, tradesmen/craftsmen, etc - and taught the martial arts for the love. Thus, quality control could be maintained as they didn't have to whore the art out for the sake of putting food on the table. When your sole revenue source is your martial art, it almost becomes a necessity to become McDojo Bullshido. Money=survival. More money=better survival.
    I never bought this arguement. How much time and effort can someone put into teaching and quality control if they have to spend 40+ hours a week doing something else? Money is going to come first anyway. When you don't teach for a living it basically boils down to a hobby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 3:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but just because it's a hobby doesn't mean the instructor is unqualified, as they may have been doing the hobby for many years. They may have been committed to this hobby more seriously in the past. For example, a lot of instructors at universities do not teach MAs for a living, but some of them do it damn well simply because they've been practicing so long.

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 3:45pm

Style: Knife-jitsu o=]==>

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone feel the immature urge to reference to "N.A.M.B.L.A" from south park?

I hope they don't McDojize the FMAs...

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    12/11/2004 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are legitimate reasons for something like NAMPA to exist. Being good a martial arts/fighting does not mean you are an expert in the areas of teaching, business, or risk managment.

My instructor has been sued twice for minor injuries. One of the highest ranking and most talented martial artists I've ever met was also one of the worst teachers. I've watched plenty of good schools that teach quality martial arts have to close their doors because they can only keep a handful of students that can't afford to pay $1000 per month to keep the place running.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast