Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 1:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ROK Rangers/Tae Kwon Do

In a book I have about special forces of the world, the ROK rangers were renowned for their fighting skills. Daily hardcore practice of TKD was the basis of the skill. Does anyone know if TKD is still the martial art of the ROK rangers seeming how TKD has been turned into an Olympic sport.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 1:20pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daily hardcore practice of any system of hand to hand combat is not going to be the source of any military special forces's fighting skill. They use guns.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 1:31pm

Style: MMA/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I'm pretty sure it still is.

edit. Here's a link to an article about U.S. and Korean Special Forces training M.A. together.
    http://www.realfighting.com/issue7/jeff.html
    Last edited by DubhGhaill; 2/22/2006 1:35pm at .

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten-ten
    In a book I have about special forces of the world, the ROK rangers were renowned for their fighting skills. Daily hardcore practice of TKD was the basis of the skill. Does anyone know if TKD is still the martial art of the ROK rangers seeming how TKD has been turned into an Olympic sport.
    I believe the ROK Rangers use a system called Tukong Musul which is a hybrid system or martial arts. The developers of the art were South Korean Special Forces that served in Vietnam. TKD is practiced by the regular army of S. Korea and is practiced for sport with some of the special forces, but not for their daily H2H training.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    3/03/2006 7:01pm

Style: Taekwondo/Judo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes the above person is correct. The regulars use Taekwondo and train it well. But the special ops men train Tukong Moosul which is a hybrid collection of arts. TKD is part of the collection, along with Hapkido influence and other stuff.