233518 Bullies, 3676 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 1:50am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How come when I post something really stupid, tons of people quote me and respond to me, but when I post something rational everyone pretends that I don't exist? :kiss: Gimmie some love or something. I find it rather odd though, Lucky, that I'm from your former kung-fu family and you didn't barely respond at all to me. Maybe I'm just being egotistical. Anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_money
    My sifu said THE EXACT SAME THING. Selfish Kung Fu. Evil Kung Fu. Oh don't worry about the money. These poor little intro studnets would come in who responded to the "FREE KUNGFU LESSONS" ad they saw, wondering how much lessons actually cost.
    I've seen my sifu tell people who have been there for much longer than a couple of months/years that they didn't need to worry about meeting tuition if they were in a financial bind. "Your kung-fu is more important." I wasn't talking about new students. My sifu is also very forthcoming, and doesn't "hide" the costs, as you seem to be saying your sifu was doing. BTW, I pay $75 a month, monthly, and some students who have been there longer pay even less. Of course, no testing fees, no equipment fees, optional event fees are typically $75 for a weekend (you make it sound in your post that you paid that much for a single evening thing).

But I'm curious why you passed over my other questions? I'll try to rephrase and repost some of them:

Is the inner circle for your sifu or your sigung?

Were you planning to become a sifu? Why would you join the inner circle if you were new and not planning to teach? This seems very odd to me. You said it was a teacher's program. Why would you pay extra to be in it? (And heck, why your sifu would let you pay extra if you hadn't been in even a year I don't understand either)

You said that you had problems with your particular sifu. Do you think your experience within the family/style itself would have been different under a different sifu?

How was the actual kung-fu? I know you said that you can't know because you've never been in a fight, but I find that to be extremely odd based on my own understanding and experience. I mean, I can tell a huge difference just when boxing around with friends. Yet you seem to think you have no clue because there are still people bigger and tougher than you out there. You said you thought your training was valuable, but don't know if it was any good? ? And this is after like a year and a half?

What about the movie?

Hmm... and maybe a few new things. If this happened "months" ago, why are you just looking for a new school now? Seems odd that you'd wait that long, and odd that you speak well enough of them that you seem to almost be advertising for those other clubs, yet you haven't signed up for them.

You said that nobody participated in any tournaments. Are you just speaking of students under your specific sifu?

You say that you had to become a "personal student" before you became part of the family. Huh? Why would someone in the middle of Detroit, who wasn't a "personal student" be part of the family if you weren't? This just all seems very different than my own experiences.

I guess I won't be seeing you at the 20th?

:kiss: Dagon Akujin

P.S. I'd respond to other things in this post, but I write too damn much as it is. :brushteet

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 2:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pen15
    Sorry, but the other guy was right. Sifu doesn't have to be kung fu related. My father is a tailor, his students call him Sifu. Sifu means any person teaching a skill.
    I'm not saying that sifu is strictly an MA related term. I'm saying that there is a reason why sifu is the term given to Canto MA teachers, and not Laoshe or Laoshi as it is in the North.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 8:50am

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    I'm not saying that sifu is strictly an MA related term. I'm saying that there is a reason why sifu is the term given to Canto MA teachers, and not Laoshe or Laoshi as it is in the North.
    Like I said man I live in the north. The closest I've ever made it to southern China was Longquan in SW Zhejiang.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:40am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon McNeil
    Like I said man I live in the north. The closest I've ever made it to southern China was Longquan in SW Zhejiang.
    That was directed at Pen15. I agree with you, four tones is more than enough.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 11:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who was your friend? I probably know him. What was the other school he went to?

My friend's name is Jeff. He trained at the school from '87 to about '91-92.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 1:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have some ego issue or something? Wow, I can't believe you made such a big deal just because I mentioned that I am a CPA. Get a life. I don't have to prove my CPA credentials in a Martial Arts board. Are you fucking kidding me? Who do you think you are, a client?

And you went on and on about your "business" experience etc etc. Talk above having ego issues........gee.

Ego, right? In order to show my lack of ego, do I need to, as you have done, be anonymous, claim professional credentials which I won't verify, and make off the cuff statements which show a lack of knowledge over the subject material?

I'm not making a big deal that you are a CPA. I'm not making a big deal that you made a comments about the IRS and business practices which are contrary to the way my experience and my accountants have found things to actually work. What I am pointing out is that the only reason you stated you were a CPA was to add weight to your comments. I called you on it, stated my reasons for doing so, and you respond by becoming indignant that I would be so boldly egotistical to question your authority.

Welcome to Bullshido. Now, Shut the **** up before I share my personal suspicions you are a Martial Arts Apologist whose real reason for posting here is to make apologies and excuses as to why its okay to rip people off.... oh, too late, sorry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 2:20pm

Style: BJJ, MT, KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go talk to a psychologist, you need self-esteem therapy.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 2:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go talk to a psychologist, you need self-esteem therapy.
    No problem - I will if you become a real CPA.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 4:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lucky_money that has got to be the most hilarious yet serious read I have done in a long time. I almost died when I read about the $50 chinese buffet, that guy went home with $400 that night. The other part was great when there was no power and lights after all that tuition money. The whole sportscar thing was great too. Was it at least a new sports car?

I noticed that most of the people bothering you about stuff are infact other Moy Yat people.

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 4:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by calle_ocho
    I noticed that most of the people bothering you about stuff are infact other Moy Yat people.

You are a fucking moron. I give you a great deal of credit for being able to show this with your very first post here.

I count exactly one "moy yat person" here (whatever that means) who is even remotely "bothering" him about this stuff - if you could call it that. I'll give you a hint: It's not me.

I'll let lucky_money speak for himself whether he agrees or disagrees with this. If he thinks I'm bothering him by looking into what he asks, then I'll acccept it.
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast