223781 Bullies, 3406 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 151617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    2/26/2006 11:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serious cult-behaviour being exhibited here.

*Meanwhile, in the Moy Yat Ving Tsun school*

(loudspeaker)
    ATTENTION DRONES. ATTENTION DRONES.
    Website bullshido.net contains derogatory words about our esteemed lord and master. Drones 4514, 3345 and 6678 report to nearest internet post. Commence writing lengthy testimonials NOW.

That is all.

(drones file off to computers...)
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    2/26/2006 11:41pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridevt
    Sifu always said the inner circle organization was a way for students to relax into their training.
    Specifically, the anus.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 2:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I guess that's the info from both sides, although the Moy Yat contingent seemed slightly cultlike as supercrap mentions (but you can just chalk it up to reserved anger + pride in one school seeping into the commentary), they did somewhat address the mcdojo issues and have given info contradictory to lucky's initial claims. Can't tell anymore from the info posting, I'd have to go see for myself whether it is or not. Are there any third party Bullshido members in that area who are interested enough to go check it out?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 2:54pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Well I guess that's the info from both sides, although the Moy Yat contingent seemed slightly cultlike as supercrap mentions (but you can just chalk it up to reserved anger + pride in one school seeping into the commentary), they did somewhat address the mcdojo issues and have given info contradictory to lucky's initial claims. Can't tell anymore from the info posting, I'd have to go see for myself whether it is or not. Are there any third party Bullshido members in that area who are interested enough to go check it out?
    Earlier in the thread someone (Tom possibly) said they were going to meet with them in person.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/VT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    *Meanwhile, in the Moy Yat Ving Tsun school*
    (loudspeaker)
    ATTENTION DRONES. ATTENTION DRONES.
    Website bullshido.net contains derogatory words about our esteemed lord and master. Drones 4514, 3345 and 6678 report to nearest internet post. Commence writing lengthy testimonials NOW.

That is all.
    Point of clarification, no loudspeakers...we are all contacted via telepathy which has been facilitated by genetically engineered drugs that are farmed in the basement. :glasses6:

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 4:21pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, Bullshido people should be thanking me for running that kid off. Could you imagine him whining and complaining in the other posts on this board? I think the only reason he lasted this long was because he was bashing _ing _un, which is like a pasttime here anyway.

Secondly, lucky has been checking this post every couple of minutes since Saturday to see if anyone is going to come to his defense. Seriously. Every time I've logged in he's been on in the last couple of minutes (you can check that by clicking his "view public profile") or he's online and then signs off right away. He needs his validation. Not to be arrogant, but I think he read what I had to say and then **** himself over the fact that I wasn't going to give him a hug. Just be carefull what you say. It might make him think you want him back.

supercrap: Remember, it was people from this board who went over to thier message board and told them to start posting here.

Dagon "don't even ask for a fucking hug" Akujin :5grouphug

P.S. Tom Kagan: I just reread what you had said at Moy Yat's funeral service. I had read it before in the past, but didn't know who you were then. When you used to make fun of me I'd think, "Why does that dick have to be so intelligent when he's making fun of me." Now I'll just think, "That fucking Tom; he's so smart. I'm laughing on the inside." :notworthy

"S. M. R. T.!!!"

"When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, just know they're about to jab me with something." -- :homer:

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 4:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm..........................Interersting take on things. The thread is in a holding pattern. It may come up again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 5:41pm

Style: kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    First off, Bullshido people should be thanking me for running that kid off. Could you imagine him whining and complaining in the other posts on this board? I think the only reason he lasted this long was because he was bashing _ing _un, which is like a pasttime here anyway.

Secondly, lucky has been checking this post every couple of minutes since Saturday to see if anyone is going to come to his defense. Seriously. Every time I've logged in he's been on in the last couple of minutes (you can check that by clicking his "view public profile") or he's online and then signs off right away. He needs his validation. Not to be arrogant, but I think he read what I had to say and then **** himself over the fact that I wasn't going to give him a hug. Just be carefull what you say. It might make him think you want him back.

supercrap: Remember, it was people from this board who went over to thier message board and told them to start posting here.

Dagon "don't even ask for a fucking hug" Akujin :5grouphug
    No. Iím still here Dagon Akujin :toothy4:
    I was online because I left the window open on my internet navigator. I have cable internet. I am always online. I leave my computer on for days and days.

Sorry I havenít been on to continue this discussion, Iíve had some school work that took priority.

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by
    P.S. [b
    Tom Kagan:[/b] I just reread what you had said at Moy Yat's funeral service. I had read it before in the past, but didn't know who you were then. When you used to make fun of me I'd think, "Why does that dick have to be so intelligent when he's making fun of me." Now I'll just think, "That fucking Tom; he's so smart. I'm laughing on the inside." :notworthy
    :
    Do you always treat your kung fu seniors that way?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    2/27/2006 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Earlier in the thread someone (Tom possibly) said they were going to meet with them in person.
    Well, really I said I was going to bring this thread up with William Moy, Moy Yat's son. William lives in NYC and I had planned on visiting him anyway on last Friday.

William's not going to get involved with what's going on here. That's for Anthony to deal with. If anyone wants to ask questions about it and wants some sort of "official" point of view, it only makes sense to contact Anthony and/or Stewart directly. However, if anyone has any geniune questions, comments, or concerns, William is more than willing to chat directly with anyone who wants to. PM me and I'll give you his phone number.

Okay, enough about that. I am now speaking for myself:

A quick confirmation so that there is no misinterpretation: Anthony Dandridge is a student of Moy Yat and my SiHing. Stewart is his student. I don't know Stewart (there is a possibilty we've met briefly at some function and I don't remember). I've known Anthony for many years, but our "training generations" are different and our experiences with each other are somewhat limited.

For two people who know each other really only barely beyond aquaintances, Anthony and I get along well enough. Still, we are very different people have only a few things in common beyond our mutual teacher. Thus, we don't see eye to eye on a more than a few things in life. I know I'm a pain in the butt; I suppose Anthony knows this, too. (I guess to a certain extent whether SiHings get along better is really a question of whether they inflict each of their individual pains on the same cheek of others. :smile:) Regardless, this in and of itself, is normal and shouldn't be interpreted as anything other my knack for stating the obvious about different peoples' relationships. Whatever Anthony may want to say about me, publically or privately, is fine with me. I'm just pointing out that I can obviously only state my point of view and no one else's.

Okay, with that out of the way, this is what I want to say:

Regardless of whatever level of "McDojo-ness", anyone who genuinely teaches professionally can probably trace any problems when dealing with students down to two factors: Unfulfilled expectations and undelivered communications. The larger your school, the more chances you have that these types of problems will occur. Anthony is one of the few of Moy Yat's students who has decided to make a living out of teaching MA iand has had students who also went on to teach. For this reason, Anthony's exposure to the public is somewhat above most other SiHings and also above many other people's schools. So, the very fact that he has more people who have problems with his methods is not only understandable, but entirely normal from a business point of view. Regardless of whether others consider a school a McDojo, I don't think anyone would disagree Martial Arts are a difficult way to make a living. Regardless of whether the result is skewed or not, I'm not his student and I have no direct experience with this aspect of his business. But, just for the sheer difficulty of such a business, I admire the effort.

So, I think it would be wise to contact Anthony. Since he's a big boy, it's probably okay for people to just contact him directly. While I'm pretty sure he's aware of this thread, he might just want to be addressed directly. I'm sure someone at the Richmond school telephone # can get him on the phone, or he can be reached at his email address: moytung [at] aol.com