Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:18pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want justice. This is what I experienced.
    What exactly are you looking for?

Are you looking for an apology from that school and what are you looking for them to apologize for?

There are so many allegations in there. Can you summarize what the beef is that other Richmond schools (don't mix your allegations with theirs) have with the Moy _ing _hingy school?
    Last edited by Firebrand; 2/25/2006 1:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:30pm

Style: kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ========* IMPORTANT* =======

Also,

If you have nothing to hide, Why don't you post the original document entitled "VTTA" that was passed around at one of our meetings?

VTTA stands for Ving Tsun Technologies Association, which is a group under Sifu Stuart Zeno only.

This is when the **** hit the fan. This particular document set me off.

This was a document typed on MSWord by another student under Sifu Stuart Zeno Ė Lyr_Olgudash, who has posting in this thread a few times. This document had to be signed and returned to Sifu Stuart Zeno, therefore it is a CONTRACT. Offical or unofficial, it is still a contract.

I wish I had saved this piece of paper. I balled it up and threw it in a garbage can after our meeting was over. I did not walk out of the meeting because I wanted to hear all that Sifu Stuart was going to say.

But Iím sure Lyr_Olgudash probably has one saved on his computer or can at least find one floating around (we didnít have file cabinets so I know it wasnít filed away).

So I ask you,

Post the contract in this thread. Only you will know if you have edited it in order to cover something up.

I would also like you to make comments and explain to us what the contract means in your own words.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, I'm still on the fence. There are many allegations floating around, on both sides.

Thing is I notice a subtle change in the MY posters. This is a sign of tremendous control.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I am not associated with MY so I think lucky money was probably directing his question at Dagon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    For the record, I am not associated with MY so I think lucky money was probably directing his question at Dagon.
    The one titled "IMPORTANT" is directed towards Stuart Zeno's students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 1:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is Ronin when you need him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 2:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the thread Firebrand. Thanks for posting.

luckymoney,

You do realize these are some serious allegations. From someone who pays some serious money for BJJ classes, I am curious on the seriousness of this scheme. How long did you train at this Richmond school and approximately how much did you pay (including this red envelope bs) in total during this time?
    I trained at this school from May 04 to July 05 Ė 3 month contract and then the 1 year contract. I left when my 1 year contract ended.

Almost $2,500 (And this is not counting driving and carting other people around because I had a car)

$2,500 divided by the total # of months I trained (15) = $166 dollars a month.

Kinda high donít you think? The max I have seen around Richmond is $110. And for one of those months we didnít even have a school.

This is a very serious allegation. If it is true, why not be a good citizen and report it to the local police?
    Yes, illegal drugs are a serious crime. Itís not worth my time though. He will just deny it. I have no proof other than what I saw and experienced. Marijuana plants, bongs and a couple sifuís walking around with red eyes and stench of marijuana.

At this time Anthony Dandridge actually lived ABOVE the school in which I trained. So people would go up there, do their business and then come back down.

He lives in fear. He is constantly moving around and on the run. A lot of people have beef with him and he knows this. But for what it is worth, I spotted the plants being grown in a different apartment than the one above the school. This was after we moved and Sigung moved also.

Is this really necessary? This is a very personal attack.
    Those were my older kungfu brothers who I respected. They are 10 years older than me (Not in kungfu years, Iím talking about actual age.) I looked up to him. They represented a part of me for who I was in this organization and vice versa.

Is there any correlation between McDojos and drugs?

Your English professor is an expert on English. Proof of source is not necessary for a college paper. On the other hand, if you were to publish the results, I can assure you your professor may not have the same opinion.
    Proof of source was indeed necessary for THIS college paper. My paper was also critiqued by a number of grad students. I was not allowed to use inappropriate sources.

I have no interest in publishing my paper. I wrote it for myself so I could better understand Martial Arts in America and McDojos. I wrote this paper because I was interested in this topic, not so I could see if the Moy Yat school in RVA is McDojo. Ė Thatís just how it turned out.

There is tons of information out there on the topic. My 20 pages is just a summary of the information I found and includes me critiquing what other people said. I did this paper for myself, because I wanted to get an A and actually write about something that I participated in Ė martial arts.

Do you really think that any martial arts school would really respond to this question?
    The only people that would respond the question would have 0 or a number very close to 0.

This is interesting. It seems you may have a case for McDojo. But it seems to me that this WC school may be less bullshido than a lot of WC schools out there if students are complaining about being hit hard.
    I was not complaining that I was being hit too hard. My mind was not being stimulated, but my body was just taking punches for no reason other than physical conditioning. It is rather rough though.

Short Story:

Shortly after I started training at the school I met this kid, no older than14 or 15. I donít remember his name. I admit, he wasnít that great of a student. It was almost like he was being forced by his mother to go there and do some kind of activity. It didnít seem like he enjoyed class anyways. He didnít really try very hard. But anywaysÖ

Sifu started conditioning him so he could learn to take a hit.

The next day we had class his mother brings him in because he was complaining about chest pains. I asked the kid if he was ok and he said that his sternum had been fractured and that his body had not fully developed yet so he was at more risk of injury. After that day, I never saw the kid again. But of course they couldnít do anything because they signed the contract. Inside the contract, like most MA schools, there is something about injuries and how the school/ teach is not reliable if someone gets hurt. -Basically to save their asses from being sued. This is one of my sifuís stupid mistakes.

But I understand the hitting is part of the training. We hit hard, but itís for conditioning. I wanted to be conditioned, but saw no point for my sifu to just be hitting me over and over again so he could have some fun. I clearly was not happy nor was it helping improve my kungfu skills. Sifu was just having a blast and working on apply HIS techniques.

What exactly are you looking for?

Are you looking for an apology from that school and what are you looking for them to apologize for?

There are so many allegations in there. Can you summarize what the beef is that other Richmond schools (don't mix your allegations with theirs) have with the Moy _ing _hingy school?
    Iíve already had several people apologize to me, mainly because itís making them look bad on their part. But, I am not really looking for an apology anyways. I am not looking for people to say ďOh heís a victum, letís feel sorry for him.Ē I have no interest in putting people in jail. I want the truth to be known though.

I want the martial art community to know about this McDojo. That is why I posted here.

I do not want anyone else to be taken advantaged of like I was. This has to stop.

Therefore, I would like everyone else that has experienced similar things to my claims to speak up and STAND UP to these people by post here in this thread.
    Last edited by lucky_money; 2/25/2006 2:48pm at .

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 2:44pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_money
    Therefore, I would like everyone else that has experienced similar things to my claims to speak up and STAND UP to these people by post here in this thread.

Well, not to be shitty, so you had a bad experiance at a wing-chun place. big deal. I think most people that post here could go into the Eye-opening expirences that forced them to have a big bite of truth pie.

So far, you have point out a bullshido school, but more ominus, you have called people a drug dealers, shamsters, and made statments that could come back to bite you. Don't say, they grow pot and have bongs, how dare they...then say it's not worth my time to report it. was it not worth your time or make you mad when you were a student?

If you are that angry, report them to the better bussines bureu. File a law suit for not keeping thier end of the contract. But coming on here and complaining that "they are drug dealers" don't carry much wieght. You might as well add that they were harrasing the women and molesting the children.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 3:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Well, not to be shitty, so you had a bad experiance at a wing-chun place. big deal. I think most people that post here could go into the Eye-opening expirences that forced them to have a big bite of truth pie.
    Well, itís too bad Wing Chun apparently has this negative coat that it wears. My intentions were not to expose another WC school as a McDojo. The school I trained at just happened to be Ving Tsun.

I have not given up on Wing Chun though. I think all arts have their McDojos. There will always be these kinds of people as long as there are others to be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    File a law suit for not keeping thier end of the contract. But coming on here and complaining that "they are drug dealers" don't carry much wieght. You might as well add that they were harrasing the women and molesting the children.
    They did not break any kind of contract.

Neither did I.

The bulk of my claims are not about drugs.

The bulk of my claims are about how this school is a McDojo and how it incorporates Bullshido. I divided my main claim (which is the title of this thread) into sub categories in order to prove my point.

If I was more concerned with complaining about someone being a drug dealer, then that would have been the title of my thread.

ÖThey were thinking about doing a childrenís program. In fact they might have already done it. Everyone knows that if you want to have a profitable martial arts school, you need to have a kids program. They are the bulk of the cash. It is very hard to teach martial arts for a living without having a side job. Just think, maybe the kids parents can join the school too! :cool:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 3:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Now, I'm still on the fence. There are many allegations floating around, on both sides.

Thing is I notice a subtle change in the MY posters. This is a sign of tremendous control.
    That's because their sifu and sigung are now aware of this thread and have asked them to to do so.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast