Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 9:15am

Style: Hwa Rang Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesai
    Sorry about the whoopin.. If the guy who grabbed you was about the same height, swing your head back over and over into his nose till he's fuxored. If thats no good.... you can do a slightly more loony and dangerous move to you, which is foreheading the fist thats flying toward you. Hard to do it right when your standing straight and off balance, but it certainly can break their hand, or wrist. Especially cause most guys that would beat on someone 2 to 1 don't know how to throw a punch right anyway. (Possibly bad assumption)
    The guy holding me was quite a bit taller, that's what gave him such an advantage. Funny thing is, the guy hitting me did eventually break his hand. I'd like to say that was my plan, but I think I was just trying to duck, and had nowhere to go. So he ended up hitting me just above the temple, with my head solidly braced against the other guy's collar bone.

The situation fizzled from there, but it still bothers me that I think I just got lucky.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They key to bearhug escapes is to break the grab before they lock their hands on. Any wrestler that locks that on is gonna waste no time in slamming you into the pavement. If they do get the grip on, you want to sink yourself down and try to make space to buy you some time. Trying to step off-balancing your attacker while sunk low, Striking to the groin, with the back of your head into the face, foot stomps and that such stuff "can" make some space for you to use a counter-technique. Once you break that grip there's a number of things you can do from different styles. Judo has a throw from an arm-grip, BJJ would probably do something similar but fall to the ground in side-control, Kempo guys teach a technique that turns into the opponent where they unleash a series of strikes to the face-throat and groin.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 2:15pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread needs a video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWoJzFb9tpQ

In this vid, agressiveness works like a charm. But these look like punks who can't fight their way out of a paper bag, so I don't know how much it is worth.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    9/06/2006 3:08pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How does that relate to the bearhug? Please dont post outside of newbietown.

Anyway Im not sure what bearhug you guys are talking about, I think of two ways. He has his arms wrapped around your body. One way your arms are over his or the other way they are under his. If yours are over its just about picking off the top hand. Any wrestler will tell you this. Pick the hand that is on top, use both hands to push it down and use the same side hip to push it forward.

If your arms are underneath I say drop your hips and raise your arms at the same time, maybe even hit a kneebar.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617