Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ornery
    I don't know much about this subject myself. But you might send an email to Al Tracy. He is the current Grand Master of the Tracy Kenpo System and he is quite a martial arts historian. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Kenpo and Jiu-Jutsu have some common history. Master Tracy might be able to give you some useful information and direct you to some solidly accurate sources. His website is... well, it's horrible, but he likes it. www.tracyskarate.com If you scroll almost t the bottom of that hideous homepage, you will see a table that includes two buttons for history. one of them has a very old jiu-jutsu manual on it that you might like to read.
    I would recommend against because much of kempo=****...........

Now, kindly, take your bullshit to another forum.........History forum is for documented stuff, not fantasyland spam for a McDojo. :new_cussi

Oh, and nice plug for your bullshit site you fucking retard. Kindly, choke to death on a dick and die.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:01pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I love about this site. You guys don't mix words, just get strait to the 'go to hell'

that and...well...if it weren't (partially) for this site, i'd still be researching ki and stuff.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:08pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai
    That's what I love about this site. You guys don't mix words, just get strait to the 'go to hell'

that and...well...if it weren't (partially) for this site, i'd still be researching ki and stuff.
    Better to be critically researching it than trying to use it death-touch style in a brawl with three rugby players on speed.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should have thought to see Sokaku Takeda near the top of one of those lists.

Gan Uesli Starling
    http://wmtkd.us
    Kalamazoo Chapter
    Western Michigan Tae Kwon Do

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Takeda --> Aikido
    Takeda -/-> Judo

From what I've heard, challange matches against Takeda usually ended at the end of a sword, not with a tap out or ippon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2006 11:10am

Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mental issues?

Good Grief, Mongo! I haven't been to this forum in a long time and maybe posts like yours are the reason. What did I do to deserve that? The guy asked for help with history and I directed him to a historian who already did some research on the subject. What BS, exactly, was I supposed to take to another forum? what fantasyland spam was in my post? The Tracy karate website is not mine, I only ever met the guy once at a seminar and I certainly didn't develop his ugly website for him. What's with the extreme anti-kenpo attitude? Did some Kenpo guy beat you up or something? There are many different versions of Kenpo so you should be careful not to make "f'ing retard" assumptions. For the record, I have been training both BJJ and Chinese Kenpo (aka Chuan Fa) simultaneously for almost 3 years. And yes, I do compete and win. I respect both arts and I know from hands-on experience that they are definitely related. Some of the techniques are almost exactly the same except that one art does them standing up and the other on the ground. My assertion was based on experience, not BS.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345