Quote Originally Posted by Elky
I've been saying for years that all the government needs to do is start an advertising campaign that says "Smoking Makes You Gay". You'd see a plummet in the number of schoolkids taking up smoking.

I don't mean this in an offensive way to the gay community, but schoolkids generally aren't very tolerant to signs of gayness and are kinda insecure about their sexuality. So all it'd take is some TV ads with a macho football guy accepting some cigarettes from his friend, then flashforward 3 years and he's all PVC assless chaps and Freddy Mercury 'tache.
That wouldn't work. When I was in middle school the teachers told us that sagging your pants was gay. Nobody gave a **** and still sagged anyway. They then resorted to duct-traping them up on people's waists. Before long, everybody had duct-taped pants everyday until the teachers finally gave up.

Same thing with smoking. Who the **** doesn't know it's bad for them? All smokers know that. Most all kids know that. It just doesn't matter. I don't know what the answer is, but that's not it.