Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 7:29pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually posted their ( dill and hargrave's) lineage put the post didnt show up. I went and showed who certified each individual thing. It was remarkable how they all certified each other within their own "kempo" association. It is so repugnant and fake, a total joke. Sadly enough the term kenpo or kempo is so "nebulous" that they have the freedom to create these bullshit arts that they are all grandmasters of. They could never get away with it with something solid like Wing Chun or Aikido or any art with a real foundation.

Like other false douchebags they would have to break off and change their art's name to avoid being false or have a lawsuit. I would love to spar with any of these "masters" or their best students. Such hogwash. Any legitimate artist would offer proof, either through demonstration or fight or something other than lies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 2:43pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Carter Hargrave Speed Knife Defense Jeet Kune Do

I like this clip the best
    it really shows speed and true mastery of accuracy and pin point targeting...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 3:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No wonder they keep a tight lid on it all... did they learn from videos? Dills punching was ridiculous. His posture was awful. Hargrave looked like he did one of those "Kali by video" things lol.

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 6:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by xael View Post
    No wonder they keep a tight lid on it all... did they learn from videos? Dills punching was ridiculous. His posture was awful. Hargrave looked like he did one of those "Kali by video" things lol.
    Kind of what I was thinking.

Sloppy. Real sloppy.

All speed, no technique. Bad medicine.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/06/2009 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a reason Carter Hargrave disables comments on his utube videos.

Can any of you Tulsa area people give any insight into what happened that made Hargrave put a restraining order on Dill?

You look like a spastic Carter.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 6:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Seibukan Shorinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Following in the professors footsteps we have now have Sensei Frank Deck. 24 years old and versed in over 30 martial arts flying the Professor Hargrave Real Karate banner in boulder, co. http://www.boulderkempo.com/index.ph...&id=4&Itemid=3

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 6:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate this ****.

That's saying a lot, because the best I can muster for most of the other fraudulent wankers the site features is mild bemusement and disgust, but something about this guy just gets my goat. 100% twat.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 6:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by swseibukan View Post
    Following in the professors footsteps we have now have Sensei Frank Deck. 24 years old and versed in over 30 martial arts flying the Professor Hargrave Real Karate banner in boulder, co. http://www.boulderkempo.com/index.ph...&id=4&Itemid=3
    Awesome find swseibukan!

A small sampling from the website:

Abbreviated training:

Hawaiian/Samoan:
    Lua (art of bone breaking or dislocating)
    American:
    C.Q.C. (close quarters combat)
    o Military styles (marine core, army, seals ect.)

He obviously learned from the master:

We have changed the structure of our dojo!
    Now Donation Based and Invitation Only.

Your welcome to drop in for a free demo, but you will have to be invited back.
    We are very selective of our students. You dont need previous experience or to be in great shape, just a willingness to learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG06502.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	10856  

Last edited by hungryjoe; 11/25/2009 7:15pm at . Reason: added photo of young killer with the master

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 7:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by swseibukan View Post
    swseibukan,

Any chance of you starting a fraud investigation on this 24 year old prodigy?

I'm working on the master's credentials and would be glad to pass on the information when completed.

Carter - do you feel the room getting smaller. Walls moving in?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 11:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Seibukan Shorinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really dont see this kid as being a fraud; I think he sincerely believes in what hes doing, hes more like the victim of a fraud than a perpetrator.

He turned up in Boulder in 04, 18 years old an ikyu after 2 years of training with Hargrave and a teaching certificate for American Combat Kempo. Funny yes, fraudulent only by association. Got his shodan around April of 05 then according to his website got his sandan in 08, whilst attending school here, so I assume that he partook in the Hargrave distance learning classes. Frank is making a mint of this kid in rank and teaching certifications.

Early on I tried to get together with the kid when he was offering instruction on the CU campus in 05 but it went sideways and I pretty much dropped it.

The way I stumbled on him this time was when I was checking out another Bullshido thread on Boulder Koryukan - Sensei Thomas Erik Angerhofer, who seems like a pretty solid practitioner. Anyway I was checking out his site and I clicked on the location link and found a list of the various classes offered through the Boulder Dance Studio and about half way down I see Hargrave muggin for a photo.
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast