Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 8:51pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank God in Heaven that "Not anyone canget in." That makes me sleep better at night knowing I don't have to worry about getting into his school.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 11:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Carter learned his JKD from Gary Dill.

http://www.jkd-garydill.com/

They had a falling out. Check the very bottom of this page:

http://www.jkd-garydill.com/instructors.htm

Carter put a restraining order on Dill.

Dill has his own issues, but Carter apparently runs from the Dill playbook when it comes to selling "learn by video" rank.

Anyone know how to look up his "over 100,00" book sales claim?

Jeet Kune Do videos for "true" Bruce Lee teaching.

All three Utube videos are from 31 July 2009.

You know that Gary Dill is a big joke too right?
    You know that James Lee was even telling him to knock off his bullshit even threatening to sever ties with him... Figures that Carter would be with him. I bet Carter doesn't know much JKD. Those guys would get floored by any real JKD / FMA / Kenpo students.

Hell I bet scrub fighters from mma ufc could toss them around like ragdolls.

WOW HAHAHA Dill is now another nebulous self promoted grandmaster of an obscure form of "Kenpo" . See what I am saying in my original post? Wow what a fucking joke, these guys make me sick. You would think they would not be able to get away with this...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 11:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG WOW!

"Jeet Ken Do is the study of the combat aspects of the sword, primarily that of the Japanese Katana, but also embraces other cultures of sword fighting applications and techniques.

The practitioner of Jeet Ken Do is focused on the fighting concepts of the sword, but also uses the sword to development a greater understanding and development of "aiki" and "chi gung."

Jeet Ken Do is a part of Bushido Kempo, which is headed up by Professor Gary Dill, Grandmaster, 10 th degree black belt.

Jeet Ken Do is an aggressive method of swordsmanship, and also encompasses the art of drawing and cutting with the sword.

Jeet Ken Do incorporates the use of the live blade, the training blade, and the wooden bokken, depending upon the type of training.

Jeet Ken Do means...."the way of the intercepting sword."

With the sword, we will utilize the most efficient and practical technique to eliminate and/or terminate our enemy. "

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth... Is this for real?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 1:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow I did some more research on our good buddy Carter. All his training and promotions seem to be associated with and through either Gary Dill or those of the Aiki-Jujitsu field through which Gary is associated with.

This is what I found from him :

• First Martial Arts Training in 1968 with Hanshi Lou Angel in Goju Karate
    • Authored Original Jeet Kune Do Training Manual
    • Second Generation Jeet Kune Do Instructor
    • Certified JKD Instructor 1992, Jeet Kune Do Association
    • Founding Board Member 1992, Jeet Kune Do Association
    • Authored Combat Martial Arts Kempo Karate Manual 1993
    • Instructor of the Year JKD, World Martial Arts Hall of Fame, Presented by G. W. Dill and Jeet Kune Do Association See Certificate -- Photo
    • Certified JKD Instructor FJKD Association 1993 See Certificate
    • Certified Black Belt Tae Kwon Do 1993
    • Certified Black Belt Bushido Kempo, Promoted by G.W. Dill -- See Certificate --Article
    • Certified Black Belt Aiki Jitsu, Promoted Dr. Farenelli -- See Certificate
    • Certified National College of Martial Arts, Instructor JKD, Black Belt Bushido Kempo, Black Belt Aiki Jitsu, Certified Lou Angel and G. W. Dill -- See Certificate
    • Executive Director World Jeet Kune Do Federation 1992
    • Certified Black Belt 2nd Dan Kempo, Promoted by Toma Soke Okinawa and Japan, and Rod Sacharnoski -- See Certificate
    • Certified Black Belt 2nd Dan Jujitsu, Promoted by Toma Soke Okinawa and Japan, and Rod Sacharnoski -- See Certificate
    • Certified Black Belt 3nd Dan Kempo, Promoted by Toma Soke Okinawa and Japan, and Rod Sacharnoski -- See Certificate
    • Certified Black Belt 3rd Dan Jujitsu, Promoted by Toma Soke Okinawa and Japan, and Rod Sacharnoski -- See Certificate
    • Executive Director American Combat Kempo Association 1992
    • Certified Grandmaster Kung Fu 8th Degree Black Sash
    • Certified 8th Dan Black Belt Grandmaster Aiki Jujitsu
    • Instructor Headmaster Juko Kai Kokusai Remnei 1994
    • Certified 3rd Dan Black Belt Goshin Jutsu
    • Combat Martial Arts system featured on local newscasts. 1995
    • Awarded Karate Instructor of the Year, Inducted Martial Arts Hall of Fame 1995
    • Certified Shihan 5th Dan Kempo World Certified Instructor, Promoted by Dr. E. A Moore, Prof. Thomas Burdine, Prof. John Willaims, Prof. Ed Gross, Prof. Ray Gunther, Prof. Pelligrini. -- See Certificate
    • Certified Professor of Martial Arts 1995
    • Appointed Executive Director World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Board Member 1995 -- See Certificate
    • Appointed a Director United Kung Fu Federation of North America 1995 -- See Certificate
    • Certified Professor 7th Dan Kempo Ryu Karate. -- See Certificate
    • Certified Professor 7th Dan Combat Kempo Karate, American Kenpo Bu-Jutsu Karate -- See Certificate
    • Awarded best martial art school in the U. S. Recognized by U. S Congress and US Senate.1996 -- See Certificate See Certificate See Certificate See Certificate
    • Awarded Governors Comendation for best martial arts school -- See Certificate
    • Certified Hanshi 8th Dan Kempo Ryu Karate, 2000 -- See Certificate
    • Released Top Selling Original JKD Training and Ranking Video Series
    • Certified Soke Head Founder of a new Martial Art Style. Father of Combat Martial Arts. 2000 Certified by World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Sokeship Council, Board of Directors. -- See Certificate
    • Certified 10th Dan Kempo -- Multiple Certificates
    • Released American Combat kempo Training and Ranking Videos
    • Director World Kempo Association.
    • JKD Division Director World Budo Alliance
    • Certified Master Instructor Romania JKD Association
    • Inducted United States Martial Arts Association Hall of Fame 2001
    • Grandmaster of the Year United States Martial Arts Association. 2001 -- See Certificate
    • World Budo Alliance Grading Board Chairman
    • World Soke Council Member
    • Chief Instructor Air Martial Anti Terrorist Flight Crew Training
    • Developed system adapted for training United States Marines
    • Member Hawaii Martial Arts International Society.
    • Member World Filipino Martial Arts Association
    • Certified Guro Escrima -- See Certificate
    • Certified Grandmaster 8th Dan Ju Jitsu 2009
    • Certified Grandmaster 8th Degree Black Sash Kung Fu 2009
    • Member of many martial arts associations, federations, and organizations, also many organizations cerfifying the same ranks. This is a work in progress over the years. For the Masters and Grandmasters we may have left out we only have the greatest amount of love and respect and we hope to add everyone.
    Furthermore a lot of the "promotions" to new rank were done by none other than "Soke" affiliated people, a lot through the "kempo" of Ron Bradbury Sr. Go figure, he himself was promoted through Soke affiliations... Funny thing, some of these claims are during the time of Ed Parker... Funny.

Info on Ron Bradbury Sr.
    http://members.cox.net/wmartin38/PRO...A_,%20SOKE.htm

Apparently, Hargrave was certified in Escrima under his own student in JKD? Ed Goco Galang is who certified him in Escrima, yet when you research Ed, you find this :
    Certified Full Instructor of the World Jeet Kune Do Federation (Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do) under Professor Carter
    Hargrave. Trained and attended seminars, under the late Sifu Ted Lucaylucay, Sifu Lamar Davis II,
    Sifu Jessie
    Glover and Professor Gary Dill

http://ckiusa.jkdkickboxing.com/cki-aboutus.html

Nothign against these men such as Sifu Lucaylucay (rip), or Lamar, however Lamar and the latter are known for promoting people through seminar or videos.. usually no long term training. I find it hillarious that this guy was from Carter and Dill in the JKD area.

Anyhow my point is, if you look deep enough you will find that they are all connected in a vicious circle of bullshit. Especially that of the "bushido Kemnmnmnmnpo" crap they are grandmasters of. This Soke association is a huge pile of **** and lies.

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 11:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

American Combat Kempo

Greetings to all! I'm new here, but I like the discussions and wanted to chime in.

About me.... I'm no badass. You won't see me in the ring. I'm an Officer in the US Air Force and I've studied several arts, never quite finding the one that suited me. No, I'm not claiming black belt status either.

Anywho, what killed me about this Hargrave guy is that he claims to be the grandmaster of, like, three styles. Really? I mean, Really? It would take a lifetime of training to become the grandmaster of one style. And, what I'm sick of, is these guys taking an art, for this instance, Kempo, stripping it of all the katas, calling it a "Combat" style and promoting themselves to "Grandmaster."

And what is with getting your black belt by video testing? Seriously?

I don't know. I'd like to study a style. Just one. It has to be practical, effective, simple (in theory) and provide a skill set that can be applied to any situation. I like Tony Blauers tapes, though its hard to get someone to practice with.

Stambo

Posted On:
    9/20/2009 7:59pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings all! This is my first post. I have lurked around here before, but when I saw the Hargrave crap and then the Jeet Ken Do junk I felt moved to post. I haven't met Hargrave (though I live near and work in Tulsa), but he has been a running joke around here for years. There are a lot of people that would just like to tear him up, but the lawsuit just wouldn't be worth it. However, I will relate two stories regarding Hargrave and Dill.

There is a martial arts instructor here in the Tulsa Area that teaches Lua. He is a good fighter with more than a few permanent wounds to show for it. He is humble as can be and is the most dangerous man I have ever met personally. He teaches out of the love of teaching and balks at being called "master" though I don't personally know anyone more deserving. Anyway, one of Hargrave's students was looking for more training and, since this guy was teaching for free, he took a couple of classes. The Lua instructor showed the student some very basic yet very effective techniques. When the student used these techniques in class, Hargrave was furious and banned him from the school. Thing is, the student didn't say where he had learned the techniques, just that he had picked them up from his own research. Hargrave kicked him out for thinking on his own and coming up with his own material. Freaking ridiculous if you ask me.

The second story concerns Gary Dill and his Jeet Ken Do. A former student of his is a close personal friend of mine and he related this story to me. He was speaking with one of Dill's apprentice instructors (who was a friend of his from their training days together). When the apprentice demonstrated Jeet Ken Do, the response was: "Wow. Who dreamed that up?" or something similar. The apprentice was shocked and asked how he had known that Dill had been visited by a Samurai Master in a dream and that the Master had bequeathed Jeet Ken Do to him. :eusa_doh:
    True story. Crazy people, huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2009 5:21pm

Style: judo, boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I studied briefly with Gary Dill when I was a teenager. And I can attest to the fact that Dill has made that Samurai claim on several occasions. Including a tale that while in Florida, for a seminar, the wife of the student he was staying with claimed to have saw the ghost of a Samurai wandering around the home! The woman told Dill it was his manna (sp) spirit. And she was allegedly a voodoo/Santeria priestess or some **** like that.

As for Hargrave's book claims. Contact his publisher or obtain an ISBN, you should be able to verify that very easily.

Most of the MMA/BJJ/boxing folks around Tulsa, at least those I know, don't even get ruffled in the slightest by these two hucksters. It's a fucking joke. Honestly, Bushido Kempo, please!:laughing4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DX17czgcw

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I copied this crap from worldjkd.com he is either a true master for accomplishing this or a fake.
    Martial Arts Resume:

Authored Original Jeet Kune Do Training Manual
    Second Generation Jeet Kune Do Instructor
    Certified JKD Instructor 1992, Jeet Kune Do Association
    Authored Combat Martial Arts Kempo Karate Manual 1993
    nstructor of the Year JKD, World Martial Arts Hall of Fame, Presented by G. W. Dill
    and Jeet Kune Do Association
    Certified JKD Instructor FJKD Association 1993
    Certified Black Belt Tae Kwon Do 1993
    Certified Black Belt Bushido Kempo, Promoted by G.W. Dill
    Certified Black Belt Aiki Jitsu, Promoted Dr. Farenelli
    Certified National College of Martial Arts, Instructor JKD, Black Belt Bushido Kempo,
    Black Belt Aiki Jitsu, Certified Lou Angel and G. W. Dill
    Executive Director World Jeet Kune Do Federation 1992
    Executive Director American Combat Kempo Association 1992lCertified Sifu Kung Fu 4th Degree Black Sash
    Certified 4th Dan Black Belt Aiki Jutsu
    lInstructor Headmaster Juko Kai Kokusai Remnei 1994
    Certified 3rd Dan Black Belt Goshin Jutsu
    Combat Martial Arts system featured on local newscasts. 1995
    Awarded Karate Instructor of the Year, Inducted Martial Arts Hall of Fame 1995
    Certified Shihan 5th Dan Kempo World Certified Instructor, Promoted by Dr. E. A
    Moore, Prof. Thomas Burdine, Prof. John Willaims, Prof. Ed Gross, Prof. Ray Gunther,
    Prof. Pelligrini.
    Certified Professor of Martial Arts 1995
    Appointed Executive Director World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Board Member 1995
    Appointed Director United Kung Fu Federation of North America 1995
    Certified Professor 7th Dan Kempo Ryu Karate.
    Certified Professor 7th Dan Combat Kempo Karate, American Kenpo Bu-Jutsu Karate
    Awarded best martial art school in the U. S. Recognized by U. S Congress and US
    Senate.1996
    Certified Hanshi 8th Dan Kempo Ryu Karate, 2000
    Released Top Selling Original JKD Training and Ranking Video Series.
    Certified Soke Head Founder of a new Martial Art Style. Father of Combat Martial
    Arts. 2000 Certified by World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Sokeship Council, Board of
    Directors.
    Certified 10th Dan Combat Martial Arts Kempo
    Released American Combat kempo Training and Ranking Videos
    Director World Kempo Association.
    JKD Division Director World Budo Alliance
    Certified Master Instructor Romania JKD Association
    Inducted United States Martial Arts Association Hall of Fame 2001
    Grandmaster of the Year United States Martial Arts Association. 2001
    World Budo Alliance Grading Board Chairman
    World Soke Council Member
    Chief Instructor Air Martial Anti Terrorist Flight Crew Training
    Developed system adapted for training United States Marines
    Member Hawaii Martial Arts International Society.
    Member World Filipino Martial Arts Association
    Certified Guro Escrima
    Member of many martial arts associations, federations, and organizations

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 12:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey I can be an instructor of Bruce Lee's Art. I found this on the same worldjkd.com site.

World Jeet Kune Do Federation provides top-notch training, rank testing in person or via video conference. We also offer beautiful internationally recognized student rank certificates and instructor certification.

Through our commitment, experience, and expertise World Jeet Kune Do Federation has established a relationship with our members that will last a lifetime!

All of our full instructors must have current membership, a set of DVD's and the Original Jeet Kune Do Training Manual to make sure everyone teaches the original JKD system just like Bruce Lee at his three famous schools. You then send us a video of you doing the moves listed in the manual and demonstrated on the DVD's and we grade you to the level of your skill. If you have little previous training in original JKD then you can progress up the rank levels 2-12, then full instructor. The first level to begin teaching that you can begin with is apprentice instructor trainee available to all. You will need a training partner and you should send videos of your tests. We may also customize your instructor test, and request video of the requirements being demonstrated.
    That is how you become a certified instructor. If you have previous training and ranking in JKD then please send us scans of your certificates. All instructors must have a link with our logo to www.leejkd.com or www.jeetkunedo.org, along with a statement in your bio that you are a supporter of the WJKDF, etc.

Apprentice Instructor Certification
    Full Instructor Certification
    Master Instructor Certification
    For Student Certificate test fees please see the learning center order form for details.

We cannot accept rank certifications sold on Ebay as accredited training

Posted On:
    11/05/2009 12:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsharad View Post
    Greetings all! This is my first post. I have lurked around here before, but when I saw the Hargrave crap and then the Jeet Ken Do junk I felt moved to post. I haven't met Hargrave (though I live near and work in Tulsa), but he has been a running joke around here for years. There are a lot of people that would just like to tear him up, but the lawsuit just wouldn't be worth it. However, I will relate two stories regarding Hargrave and Dill.

There is a martial arts instructor here in the Tulsa Area that teaches Lua. He is a good fighter with more than a few permanent wounds to show for it. He is humble as can be and is the most dangerous man I have ever met personally. He teaches out of the love of teaching and balks at being called "master" though I don't personally know anyone more deserving. Anyway, one of Hargrave's students was looking for more training and, since this guy was teaching for free, he took a couple of classes. The Lua instructor showed the student some very basic yet very effective techniques. When the student used these techniques in class, Hargrave was furious and banned him from the school. Thing is, the student didn't say where he had learned the techniques, just that he had picked them up from his own research. Hargrave kicked him out for thinking on his own and coming up with his own material. Freaking ridiculous if you ask me.

The second story concerns Gary Dill and his Jeet Ken Do. A former student of his is a close personal friend of mine and he related this story to me. He was speaking with one of Dill's apprentice instructors (who was a friend of his from their training days together). When the apprentice demonstrated Jeet Ken Do, the response was: "Wow. Who dreamed that up?" or something similar. The apprentice was shocked and asked how he had known that Dill had been visited by a Samurai Master in a dream and that the Master had bequeathed Jeet Ken Do to him. :eusa_doh:
    True story. Crazy people, huh?

Here is pic from worldjkd.com website and here he says we can all become instructors. Is this for real?
    World Jeet Kune Do Federation provides top-notch training, rank testing in person or via video conference. We also offer beautiful internationally recognized student rank certificates and instructor certification.

Through our commitment, experience, and expertise World Jeet Kune Do Federation has established a relationship with our members that will last a lifetime!

All of our full instructors must have current membership, a set of DVD's and the Original Jeet Kune Do Training Manual to make sure everyone teaches the original JKD system just like Bruce Lee at his three famous schools. You then send us a video of you doing the moves listed in the manual and demonstrated on the DVD's and we grade you to the level of your skill. If you have little previous training in original JKD then you can progress up the rank levels 2-12, then full instructor. The first level to begin teaching that you can begin with is apprentice instructor trainee available to all. You will need a training partner and you should send videos of your tests. We may also customize your instructor test, and request video of the requirements being demonstrated.
    That is how you become a certified instructor. If you have previous training and ranking in JKD then please send us scans of your certificates. All instructors must have a link with our logo to www.leejkd.com or www.jeetkunedo.org, along with a statement in your bio that you are a supporter of the WJKDF, etc.

Apprentice Instructor Certification
    Full Instructor Certification
    Master Instructor Certification
    For Student Certificate test fees please see the learning center order form for details.

We cannot accept rank certifications sold on Ebay as accredited training
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast