7/17/2012 10:32pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    From the National Arbitration Forum:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Again, emphasis is mine.

Sam, if you're out there, how best to go about getting an actual transcript?
    1) Find out the proper name of the court on which the judge sat who issued the ruling. Pull the general # for the court out of a phonebook. Call with the case # and name ready. Ask the receptionist who provided the court reporter services for the Judge/case on that particular hearing date and how to contact them directly to order a transcript. Call said reporter and ask them to give you a price per page, and an estimate for the entire job. Send check, get transcript.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 4:04pm

Style: Arnis de Mano

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been reluctant to post here but GrandMaster Rear Admiral Douche Bag has crossed the line.

So let me tell a tale,

In May of 1995 my wife decided she wanted to take a martial arts class. We checked out almost every non-TKD school in Tulsa and I didn’t see what I was looking for. I had studied American Kenpo when I was younger and had a respect for the self defense usefulness of what I had been shown. So I started looking for a Kenpo school.
    What I found was Combat Martial Arts, a newly opened gym with a “third degree” instructor named Carter Hargrave. It was the only kenpo/kempo school in town so we signed up. We were enthusiastic students, but the more I saw of this “Combat Kempo” the more I questioned it. Although it provided one good thing, a venue to block punch kick and spar. A few weeks later my current teacher walked into the school. He told me about the arts of Arnis/Escrima/Kali that he taught, I was curious, but it wasn’t until he told me that he had trained personally with GM Parker that I perked up and asked to see his kenpo.
    It was like night and day, his movement was crisp, fast, and powerful, unlike Hargrave’s. It looked like the kenpo I had know years before. Something clicked and I decided I wanted to learn from this arnis guy, but Ed was old school and told us “you don’t take another mans students, finish your black belts and then I will teach you.”
    We jumped into training, trying to get through BB as quick as possible. Seeing this, Ed started renting space and teaching FMA classes at Hargrave’s. We trained with Ed everyday, on Carter’s curriculum, kajukenbo, and in the FMAs. A few months later my wife tested for her BB, a few weeks later, my best friend tested. (I never tested for BB under Carter)
    We taught most if not all of Hargrave’s classes, we managed his school, we recruited his students,(1996).
    When we found out that he had nothing to teach after black belt, (to get a 2nd degree he had a katana kata – that was it), we spent less and less time at his school.
    He tried to pull us back into his group by nominating my wife as the “Female Children’s Instructor of the Year – 1996.” Being naÔve, we paid our $400/ and off to the hall of fame, where Carter was awarded “Best Martial Arts School” of the year.
    <<By the way, the plaque and certificates were handed out blank, so you could print anything on them.>> <<I still have a blank one if you too want to be the best of 1996>>
    Long story short, a few months later we left his school. We knew too much, had seen too much, Carter had privately told us the truth about his “certifications. ‘ We had watched as BB certificate after BB certificate showed up in the mail without any training or testing on his part. 4th degree, 5th degree, 6th degree, all within a few weeks. He offered all of this to us, (you too can be a master for only $500) and…
    We had enough of the Bull and we left.
    Respectfully.
    I continued to train with my teacher and two of the best GrandMasters in the country and was tested/promoted (not certified) to second degree BB in 1999, 4th degree in 2003, 5th degree in 2005, and 7th degree in 2010 by GrandMaster Presas.
    GM Presas asked me to promote his art, to be an ambassador for the Filipino martial arts, so in 2000 I stared teaching. I formed the Tulsa Arnis Club with the approval of my teachers and we have been banging it out and raising pop knots every day for almost 13 years now.
    All I have cared about is being a student of the martial arts, to try to learn something everyday. I have never used any other title than Guro (teacher) although I do hold senior master instructor rank. (frankly, Master Professor Great Grand Poobah Maha Guru left a bad taste in my mouth about titles)
    I have watched as Carter became the undisputed GrandMaster of Self Promotion, and at the same time, I watched as Bullshido followed and pointed his actions out. I felt no need to soil my thoughts with him or his memory. I knew the whole truth about him, his associations, and I chose to be quite, after all Bullshido was doing a great job.

Until yesterday when my Google alerts for “Tulsa Arnis”
    Where it says “Follow Tulsa Arnis on Twitter”
    So thinking my web guy had signed us up for twitter, I clicked.
    It was him, using my clubs name. 16 years and not a word from him until now, and on top of that he makes it personal.
    My club is The Tulsa Arnis Club, and I teach at a dojo named Tulsa Martial Arts.
    Carter’s twitter account says
    Tulsa Arnis Tulsa Martial Arts School. Join one of our classes for self defense.
    Tulsa, Oklahomahttp://realkarate.com
    So I dig a little more, he has facebook pages named “Tulsa Arnis” and “Tulsa Martial Arts”…he has hit practically every social media site and filed these user names. All created in the past three weeks.

Curious why a JKD person and a Kempo Grandmaster would go out of his way to publically promote an art he doesn’t teach. So I filed a trademark this morning, to protect my club.
    The last thing I want is for people to associate me with him or anything associated with him. We have a good reputation in this town and I have worked very hard to get it.
    Now why am I posting this?
    I want to publically seperate myself, my teachers, and my club from anything Carter is associated with.

Well you guys have flamed his fire for a long time, do you want to offer any advice?
    I know many of you will tell me to ask him to “teach me a lesson”
    That’s how we should settle differences in this art. But times have changed and where would that get me other than in court, it would be like the bear and the rabbit.
    It would gratify my ego, but, well,,,, you’ve seen his videos, what would the point be.

Ok its out there, what would you do if you were me?

Or just for fun,
    Blow up his twitter feed
    @tulsaarnis
    @tulsamartialarts
    #CarterHargrave
    #tulsaarnis

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KendalGuro View Post
    Well you guys have flamed his fire for a long time, do you want to offer any advice?
    I offer you the same advice that I would to anyone else facing possible litigation; have a good attorney on stand-by. You have obviously been reading through this massive thread and hopefully have noted the pattern of Hargrave 'collecting' all names associated with JKD, and then trying to sue people.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok its out there, what would you do if you were me?
    Well, Carter has written a derogatory fake press release as well as an obviously fake letter from "his lawyer" that suggest that he's not exactly Sun Tsu in his reputation defense. He is vindictive though. I don't think he's likely to try to actually use the legal system to get you, because a little background research will show that he has an online paper trail showing his pattern of dishonesty, which he should realize may haunt him should he take this to court.

I wonder how your copyright seeking will turn out- since Carter's already been scooping up Tulsa Arnis domains before you guys, there might be some legal issues there. If so, I would probably change the club name and copyright it before Carter hears about it. Seems like the easiest way to distance yourself from his shenanigans.

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 6:52pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (gods, but this is the thread that keeps on giving)

Considering what we've seen before in this thread, I expect you'll be seeing some sort of cease-and-desist letter from him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 9:39pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I was thinking of sending him a C&D.
    I hold the trademark.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 6:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I was thinking of sending him a C&D.
    I hold the trademark.
    Get a lawyer and do it. I wonder if you can even get a court to file an injunction against him? This is something that happens here at work all too often. Get a lawyer so you can protect what is yours. YOURS.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 6:54am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    Get a lawyer and do it. I wonder if you can even get a court to file an injunction against him?
    That is a good question, especially considering his Hargrave's father being in the judicial system. He may still have some strings to yank in order to thwart your plan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 11:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Add movie producer to his resume

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4442365/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 5:07pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Small victories,
    Facebook has accepted my request and removed his webpage.