Our Sponsors:

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 41424344 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/06/2011 6:46pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every time I watch him, I think how can he proclaim to have trained so much, and have such a pencil neck, I know its minor, but everyone I know with mat time, has a strong neck, even if you're larping for your country in the larp olympics, the very act of training develops a reasonable neck as the head is pretty heavy.

Posted On:
    9/06/2011 8:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidently Jeet Kune Do, is better described as a marital philosophy then a martial art unless one wishes to mimic Lee's earlier approach which was heavily based on Wing Chun. The "Bruce Lee School" is misleading because Carter studied with Dill who studied with James Lee at Lee's Oakland school. James Lee was a student of Bruce's but Bruce did not really teach on these premises.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2011 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what little is actually seen on Hargrave's posted videos, I don't think he actually trains at all anymore.

His overall movement is total crap. Not spastic, but bad enough. The spinning back kick from earlier posted video was pitiful in so many ways.

I've also yet to see him keep his hands up when performing any kicking technique.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2011 6:26am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As well as the *ahem* spinning spaz kick, his 'takedown' at 18 seconds is particularly telling as well.

Most reasonably competent people who've trained in takedowns be it Judo, BJJ, JJJ whatever would instinctively know once they've grabbed a leg where they need to aim their foot in order to execute a sweep.

You can see that Carter pauses to *look down* at his partner's feet just before performing the sweep. He doesn't even move in closer to perform the sweep either but performs it from the same foot position from the block which results in him leaning backward slightly ( from having to reach out with his foot ) and a slight off balance wobble.

Shoddy, shoddy shoddy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 4:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: NinBuKai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because no one has mentioned it yet, here is Hargrave's Jeet Kune Do link. 687 "Likes".

This post brought so many lols, thanks for making it happen.
    Last edited by PerseusStoned; 9/19/2011 4:40pm at . Reason: off-topic love

Posted On:
    9/19/2011 5:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: GJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of Carter's 3rd degree black belts in an MMA fight: You be the judge :)

Fyi, the actual fight doesn't start until the 4:42 mark. Don't blink either...

http://www.realkarate.com/styled/

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/26/2011 11:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Linkedin profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...authToken=CNYe

Attached to show timeline and extent of claims on various networking sites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carter Hargrave Linkedin 110926.pdf  

Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/26/2011 11:41pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/27/2011 6:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF TKD, some dabbling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surely even his junior students are learning better back kicks than that within a few months?

UPDATE: I'm assuming he has junior students.....It's funny how I didn't even question that he might not. I mean, how could anyone that bad be making most of their money off grown adults?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2011 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by progressivetkd View Post
    Surely even his junior students are learning better back kicks than that within a few months?

UPDATE: I'm assuming he has junior students.....It's funny how I didn't even question that he might not. I mean, how could anyone that bad be making most of their money off grown adults?
    You obviously have not read the thread.

Timeline of awards from politicians. Members need to remember that Hargrave's family has a long history as politicians here in Oklahoma. Source for political information is from Wikipedia.

http://www.jonpattonforjudge.com/page5/page5.html

There have been more Hargrave’s in the Oklahoma State Legislature than any other family,
    Hargrave's father was Oklahoma Representative and Senator before appointment as a Federal Judge.

960527 - Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating apparently gets the prize for starting "Best Martial Arts School of the Year" BS by awarding Hargrave a Governors Commendation. Oklahoma Governor 1995-2003. Keating's family moved to Tulsa when he was six months old. US Attorney 1981-84. Assistant Secretary of the Treasury and Associate Attorney General, Keating oversaw both the Justice and Treasury departments’ law enforcement agencies.

960603 - Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from Steve Largent, Member of Congress. Largent is from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Member of US House of Representatives from 1994-2002.

960603 - yep, same day as above. Don Nickles writes letter to Hargrave congratulating him on his achievement of being selected Best Martial Arts School of the Year. How many of those have been given out? Who made it last year, or in any other? Don was US Senator from Oklahoma 1981-2005.

960606 - James Inhofe writes letter in congratulation of Hargrave's "achievement". Inhofe moved to Tulsa as a child. U.S. House of Representatives from 1987-1994. US Senator from 94-present. Inhofe was mayor of Tulsa 1978-1984.

960606 - Mayor of Tulsa from 1992-2002, M. Susan Savage awards Certificate of Recognition for, yes, "Best Martial Arts School of the Year".

Awesome that so many people, living extremely busy lives, took the time to reach out to the Professor within approximately one weeks time.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2011 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OSCN site was down this morning when posting the above.

Being proclaimed Best Martial Arts School of the Year could not, apparently, keep young master in students.

By 900123, the Best Martial Arts School of the Year has been called into court by the landlord, Spectrum Shopping Center.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...03979&db=Tulsa
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 41424344 ... LastLast