Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/03/2008 10:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually i'm pretty sure your the one that is a joke. If you knew anything back than you'd know that you could have tested up and recieved a higher ranked belt. DUH! I'm sorry that your a running joke and don't know anything about professor Hargrave.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This man is a joke among martial artists here in Oklahoma.

Just in:

http://www.prlog.org/10246051-carter...randmaster.htm

http://www.carterhargrave.us/carterh...s/Welcome.html

Hargrave has had several martial arts schools each with a different operational philosophy. “When you have a huge school with a huge overhead you pretty much have to accept anyone who comes in the door as a student and I did not like that at all. Sure I turned down some of the obviously crazy, but it was just not what I wanted to do things.”

“Now I have a private school that is not open to the public and you have to apply to get in just like at a major university. This way everyone who comes through the door has a serious desire to better themselves and want to put in the effort, therefore I too give them my all.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 10:53am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally Posted by Tulsa Snake Oil LLC
    As the highest ranking Karate teacher in Tulsa, the Professor takes pride and gives personal attention in the education of each student. We have long since outgrown the tournaments that appeared in the mid 1950's, and focused upon the true meaning and application of the arts which have nothing to do with modern "competition".

The original versions of martial arts have no tournament aspects. One of our schools entered a tournament invited a few years back and our green belt students defeated some black belt students form other schools. In all fairness to the black belts involved, they were not trained to deal with Kempo defense techniques, and many they had never seen before. We were honorable and very respectful participants who won 95% of all bouts, but just couldn't adapt to limitations. We were politely asked not to return. We politely agreed, and left all the trophies.

Translation: I don't allow my students to compete because they might have to compete against actual martial artists. The good news about this though (for you optimists out there) is that he hasn't been sucked into believing his own lies. Often, bullshidoka will get so used to repeating their lies over and over that they begin to actually believe them, and begin to actually believe that they are legit. SOMEWHERE, in the very back of this guy's mind, he is completely honest about what a fraud he is.

As for the "one of our schools entered green belts in a black belt tournement where we won 95% of the fights and then got kicked out and we left our trophies LAWLZ" story....

A bunch of his green belts once tried to punk the local Capoeira club while they were at a bar celebrating a trophey they won at a breakdancing contest. The Capoeria club decided to dress up and go to a nice bar, so they were all wearing their finest black suits with matching shoes and belts. Anyway, the greenies snuck up on them, and then slapped them in the back of the head, yelling all this faggy psudo-Japanese ****. They did this for two seconds, until the Capoeira guys got pissed and kicked them in the head, knocking them completely out cold. The "fights" lasted for 10 seconds = 2 seconds of green belt slapping, 6 seconds of pissed off dancing, 1.5 seconds for the kicks to land, and .5 seconds for the green belts to hit the ground, hence how they won 95% of their fights. When the green belts regained consciousness, they were introduced to the club's biggest, most pissed off bouncer who told them to "get the **** out and never come back to our club". One of the pissed off green belts wanted to try to steal the Capoeira club's trophey out of spite, but no one else thought that was a good idea so they just left the club and went to the bowling alley, deciding to never speak of the incident again.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 11:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lysol,

Do you know of other schools here in Oklahoma that are affiliated with Hargrave?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 11:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary Dill's SDS/JDK group from the Quah is were this guy got his training but I don't think Dill is to friendly with him. I could be wrong but I have read that Dill has claimed CH has forged documents and set himself up as a self apointed "Master". I don't really know much about CH after he became a multi-belted "master". Maybe one of his black belts was earned in a respected school and he knows his stuff but I have heared too many unsavory things about both instructors.
    Last edited by Disobizqit; 6/28/2009 11:47am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 11:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks.

It is good that this thread has been resurrected.

Hargrave has been contacted via his website that this thread is now back in play.

http://www.realkarate.com/instructor.htm

We'll see if he emails me back.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/28/2009 11:36am at . Reason: add email comment

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 12:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cull guys:
    I meant...this shouldn't be in MABS - No BS Martial Arts

We are in MABS. This is an older thread before the changes. Yes, it is a little silly.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2009 9:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The email sent to Hargrave:

Carter,

As you probably know, there was a thread about you on Bullshido back in 2006.

This thread has once again reared it's ugly head.

Do you care to join in and post your actual qualifications / training history?

Joe

The response received today:

No we did not know Mr. Maranto. Are you still at 147 Warren Ave. Bloomington,IL 60108 when we need more information about this matter?

World Jeet Kune Do Federation Member Relations
    www.worldjkd.com
    Box 52820 Tulsa, Ok 74152 USA

No clue as to who Mr. Maranto is.

The reply:

Hello,

There is no Mr. Maranto in this correspondence.

How does your limited background qualify you as grandmaster in three arts other than you chose names and paid fees?

Do you care to enter the discussion on Bullshido? Lack thereof, with enough participation on the forum will show high on google search results.

Joe
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 6/28/2009 9:22pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK folks,

Below is an email I received from the Hargrave's organisation. I will give very little explanation afterwards, but feel this should be out in the open.

Removed is the personal information that was in the correspondence, including my name, address, phone number, etc.

To: "Joe"
    We do not appreciate you cyberstalking us. Remove all attacks and stop harassing us and attempting to cause emotional distress. Or is it another felony to add to your list you are looking for.
    Possession of Cocaine and Assault and Battery.

World Jeet Kune Do Federation Member Relations
    www.worldjkd.com
    Box 52820 Tulsa, Ok 74152 USA
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********
    This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message completely from your computer system. Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the contrary, this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind this sender, World Jeet Kune Do Federation, Hargrave Arts LLC, or any other person or entity. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********

I did some things in the past.

The assault was nearly 20 years ago and involved a fight that ensued after I was struck from behind by a drunk driver and his passenger. When the police arrived I was the only person standing. Result - 5 years deferred sentence and no felony.

The drug conviction was the result of a small amount and I don't want to go into detail. The result was a 5 year deferred sentence and I believe still no felony since the deferred period has also passed.

I have stayed out of trouble, truly regret the drug charge and being stupid enough to put myself and those close to me through that period of time. There is no looking back. It is not exactly easy to post this to the BS community.

Those who know me know the person that I am. It is better to post and let you knowing what type of organization Hargrave runs.

This post is surely not what Hargrave expected when he or his minions sent me the above threat.

He is still, in my personal opinion, a joke as a 3 time grandmaster.

Hargrave - you should know that I am a bit older than you, so it's not as though I haven't heard the stories over the years.

BTW - the cyberstalking charge is a misdemeanor in Oklahoma -

http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cg...856914687992+F

Go bark up another tree.

Joe

Posted On:
    6/29/2009 2:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twenty years of good conduct says a lot more about one's character than some youthful indiscretions. In truth, I'd trust you more than I would someone who had never fallen to temptation. They have not been tested. You have, and you rose above it.

You are wise to defuse their blackmail attempt by publicizing the information. Now they have nothing with which to threaten you, and their desperation and lack of honor are now a matter of public record.

Well done, Joe.
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast