Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2011 8:43pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogninja View Post
    @CorvusCorvanes - Lol, and here I thought I was cool. I have a guy that is currently in Hargrave's class. I am looking at his copy now, also going to Tulsa this weekend in hopes of seeing some video!
    I would be glad to meet up with ya somewhere and give ya my experience as well. Still have the dailies to write.

Posted On:
    5/13/2011 9:16pm

Style: Mixed, Hybrid.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome, ill get your info from Joe if you don't mind, and give you a shout sometime this week.

Posted On:
    5/14/2011 12:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.egcitizen.com/articles/20...f161448349.txt

Carter Hargrave as interviewed for this piece, read about half way through. The reporter must have googled JKD and got one of this idiots 118 websites...

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2011 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://ereg.yourcsd.com/Activities/A...=136&cid=39671

Description:
    Come and learn the system Bruce Lee developed. Fitness, balance, speed, strength and confidence-building skills will be covered. Most of all, you will be part of a special piece of history. Presented by a third generation practitioner of Bruce's first school in Seattle, WA.
    So, distance learners of the professor are now third generation students and a special piece of history.

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So here we have Carter Hargrave who was "the youngest person to be promoted to Professor of martial arts"... I didnt know it was possible to become a professor of the martial arts, and best martial arts school in the U.S.?!?! Since when does Congress make this award?

http://www.karatekidzonline.com/mast...rhargrave.html

"Hargrave, a native Oklahoman received martial arts training from instructors located throughout the United States. In 1993 he received the Instructor of the Year award for his teaching in the art of Jeet Kune Do, the style founded by Bruce Lee, and was also inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame. In 1995 Hargrave was the youngest person to be promoted to Professor of martial arts and he received the Instructor of the Year award for his teaching in Karate. In 1996 he received the award for Best Martial Arts School in the United States, and was recognized by U.S. Congress and the United States Senate for this achievement. Hargrave holds instructor / black belt rankings in Kempo Karate, Kung Fu, Goshin Jutsu, Jeet Kune Do, Aiki Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, and is the author of two martial arts books. Hargrave is the founder SOKE of the styles known as Combat Martial Arts and American Combat Kempo which he introduced in 1992, and in 2000 was presented the International Founders Award by Dr. E.A. Moore (President of the World Martial Arts hall of Fame)for the defense system."

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 3:28pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogninja View Post
    Since when does Congress make this award?

"In 1996 he received the award for Best Martial Arts School in the United States, and was recognized by U.S. Congress and the United States Senate for this achievement."
    A search of the congressional records using FDsys (the newest digitized government record database) shows that no congressional recognition of Hargrave.

FDSys Search for "Hargrave" between 01/01/1995 and 12/31/1997

I spread the search dates in case it was entered into the congressional record before 1996 or after 1996. You can see that there are entries entered into the congressional record recognizing a basketball team (result #2) as well as Valor Award winners (result #12). If Hargrave was officially recognized by Congress, it would be there.

Since Hargrave's "congressional recognition" was never entered into the congressional record, I don't know what his wording of "recognized" could possible mean. If it isn't in the congressional record, I don't know what other way an individual could be recognized by the "U.S. Congress and Unites States Senate".

PS: U.S. Congress is actually a term representing both the House of Representatives AND the Senate.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/16/2011 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    A search of the congressional records using FDsys (the newest digitized government record database) shows that no congressional recognition of Hargrave.

FDSys Search for "Hargrave" between 01/01/1995 and 12/31/1997

I spread the search dates in case it was entered into the congressional record before 1996 or after 1996. You can see that there are entries entered into the congressional record recognizing a basketball team (result #2) as well as Valor Award winners (result #12). If Hargrave was officially recognized by Congress, it would be there.

Since Hargrave's "congressional recognition" was never entered into the congressional record, I don't know what his wording of "recognized" could possible mean. If it isn't in the congressional record, I don't know what other way an individual could be recognized by the "U.S. Congress and Unites States Senate".

PS: U.S. Congress is actually a term representing both the House of Representatives AND the Senate.
    This might be interesting to note: I recall seeing something about Jhoon Rhee receiving some kind of congressional recognition, so I tried searching for him, to see if we could note if there were martial artists on the database at all. He has multiple results:
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/sear...10&sb=re&ps=10

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2011 5:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another LARPtastic production, parked here for posterity.

As usual, comments and ratings are disabled.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2011 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You or your organization can schedule a Seminar at your location with Professor Hargrave and his staff.
    The cost is $4000 per day plus round trip air and accommodations.
    Email us for scheduling information.
    http://www.jeetkunedo.org/Jeet-Kune-Do/Seminars.html

Probably won't hear from anyone who's hosted him, but it would be good to know what others thought about his ability upon actually seeing him in action.

$4000 plus expenses for this (must see awesomely bad spinning back kick at 0:15 mark.)

Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/06/2011 5:35pm at . Reason: add video

Posted On:
    9/06/2011 5:45pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At Hargrave Martial Arts, you will never have to live in fear of any attacker, ever again.
    I thought that sort of "fear no man" stuff went the way of the "deadly karate punch"
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293536373839 40414243 ... LastLast