Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another being sued by the coward.

http://jkdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2944

03-03-2011, 11:15 PM
    jeetkunedo.com

Who is Carter Hargrave
    I am being sued by Carter Hargrave in his hometown, Tulsa,Oklahoma; who claimed to be the sole owner of the trademark JeetKunedo.

His claims are fraudulent.

Let me hear from all.

Court case # CV 10-006 JHP TLW ( Judge James L. Payne)

Filed in the Northern District of Oklahoma, United States District Court

Carter Hargrave is his own lawyer, his father is a retired judge.

So we need to fight back, or he will mess up the whole JKD community.

If anyone want to take up the legal battle, I can sell the domain, JeetKuneDo.com for $5,000.

Email: salesUSA2010@Live.com
    Last edited by jeetkunedo.com; 03-04-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: more information
    Sadly, the thread has been locked.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 11:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From an interview with Sifu Lamar Davis, II

http://www.hardcorejkd.com/pages/Sif...view-Pt-2.html

One person, who shall remain nameless, has even promoted himself using so-called "press releases" (which, as it turns out, were self made), saying that he is trying to stop fraud in Jeet Kune Do. Without a doubt, this person is the biggest fraud ever in the history of this art. It amazes me what people are getting away with these days. It is as if they have no conscience or morals whatsoever.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/20/2011 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, good to see that people outside of Bullshido see this too.

Posted On:
    4/07/2011 10:07am

Style: Mixed, Hybrid.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So here is a funny little post in which Hargrave claims to have weeded out the frauds alongside the Bruce Lee Foundation...

"Carter Hargrave says, "Through concerted efforts of the Federation,Hargrave Martial Arts and the Bruce Lee Foundation, we've keptBruce Lee's art alive, weeded out the frauds, and many people's dream of being able to practice the real Bruce Lee system a reality -- regardless of economic background."

http://carter-hargrave.blogspot.com/...label/Hargrave

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2011 8:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

More irony

From Google search 'Carter Hargrave brown'.

Portion of cached version from May, 2010 article by Oklahoma's biggest martial arts joke:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

I've heard many stories of many arts that were, shall we say, less than honorable. The one I heard about Kenpo Karate, however, is one of the worst I have heard. Unfortunately, I don't know how true it is, but with the data I present in this article perhaps some one could let me know if they have any light to shed on the truth or falsity of it.
    Ed Parker is credited with being the founder of modern Kenpo, teaching movie stars, including Elvis, putting on the biggest tournament in the world for years, the Internationals, and all manner of other deeds. His students are legion, and his prowess is quite well known. Unfortunately, he was only a brown belt when he first began teaching.
    The profizzor is asking for information on the accuracy of what he's heard regarding Ed Parker's past with Jimmy Wu.

Why the irony? Has to do with the search parameters and I'm in process of getting confirmation. While not intending to be cryptic, I am at this time complying with my promises to the source regarding when and what information to post. For this reason, I'd ask the moderators to leave this post in MABS.

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 2:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The profizzor is asking for information on the accuracy of what he's heard regarding Ed Parker's past with Jimmy Wu.

Why the irony?
    Because a triple grandmaster with 6 black belts (2 10th degree) is questioning the credentials of Ed Parker (or anyone)?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 7:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, because (as I was told) he never earned his black sash in JKD. He failed his test for black sash and was teaching as a shodan ho (basically a probationary black sash). He was to return within six months and retest. He never did.

My source? His former instructor, Gary Dill.

In my opinion, he found it much easier to approach Larry Sanders and buy his way into JKD. This is the same Larry Sanders that also failed his promotion test and was kicked out of the WHOFSCA by Frank Sanchez after promoting Hargrave. The same Larry Sanders who has his special place in Bullshido history.

http://www.bullshido.org/Larry_Sanders

From the link provided by frog ninja:

http://carterhargravenews.com/

In 1994 Carter Hargrave had been teaching for several years and decided to upscale his teaching environment. He opened the largest Jeet Kune Do school in the history of Oklahoma. Hargrave found that his love of teaching that had sustained him for so long had now taken a back seat to the business world. He found that teaching was the least thing that he did. It was all about the bottom line and advertising and a bunch of other non martial arts related minutia that he found distasteful. He also found that he was accepting the same quality of students that all of the other martial arts schools in town. If you had a checkbook and a heartbeat you were in.
    Carter omits the fact that he had a school that was closed down in 95 or 96. Court records show that he was taken to court in 97 while doing business as Combat Martial Arts. Apparently, or in my opinion, he could not pay the bills. Link to see is

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...03979&db=Tulsa

More public documents on the profizzor available at

http://www.oscn.net/applications/osc...er=&icitation=

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 4:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Carter Hargrave with an amazing (I have no other word for this) speed knife video, now in HD!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2011 6:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I made a post in the past regarding Hargrave and Dill. Something to the effect of the apple not falling far from the tree.This was in reference to distance video testing.

During my discussions with Dill, I was informed that all promotions through him are the result of testing before a board. While I cannot find the post at this time, I'd like it on record that my post was in error. Dill does not promote through distance learning courses.