Carter Hargrave Helping Stamp Out Fraud In Bruce Lee's Art Of Jeet Kune Do" Wow... really?
And... This page claims that Paul Vunak is certified through Hargrave's "federation"...
Ill see if I can get a little clarification on the subject from Vu himself.
Last edited by frogninja; 2/14/2011 9:48am at .
Do you mean the part where it says
Originally Posted by frogninja
"Andrew Scott Complete Combat 5180 E. Seltice Way, Suite A Post Falls, ID 83854 (208) 777-0747 E-Mail: email@example.com Website: http://www.completecombat.com Lineage: Bruce Lee -- Dan Inosanto -- Paul Vunak Certifed World Jeet Kune Do Federation Instructor"
... which is the only time the name "Vunak" comes up on that page.
It's a little ambiguous what with the crappy formatting, but I wouldn't be so quick to say that's what Hargrave is claiming.
Although, the guy in the listing, Andrew Scott, is a piece of work too. :
Check out his ad from Black Belt Mag
I think that I misread that one, but with the crap format, its hard to understand what he is trying to say at times, if this is the case please cull the post. I am systematically going through heach of his 118 websites that are registered to "Carter Hargrave" using the email address Soke@Leejkd.com. What I can tell you is that when you do a search for hargrave. about 99% of the first 30 pages under google so far are owned by carter himself and in fact are hosted on 1 of 2 servers both hosted by godaddy; the other 1% is Bullshido and the various blog sites that he posts to, (I have done extensive research using domaintools.com and various other whois sites).
His "fame" (and I use this term VERY loosely) comes from blatant self promotion, and I have yet to find even one site that mentions Hargrave as a martial God that does not belong to Hargrave himself. Not even one.
Its almost a year since I recieved my first "legal" threat and about 3 months since my last. Still waiting.
So Hargrave removed the ability to post comments from his "Knife Demo", there were many great comments about the content's validity over the past few weeks. I guess Hargrave cant stand up to scrutiny in any shape or form.
You'd think with his vast experience and little media empire he'd have a video or two of him doing something impressive.
I like how the tag falls off of one of his trainers early in the video. Clearly those are some well worn trainers that Carter uses all the time.
Originally Posted by frogninja
Ever the philanthropist "In his spare time he volunteers teaching medical missionaries who go to hostile countries to administer emergency life services."
So here is another blatant self promotion.
I like how he adds "actual facts" in purple, Hargrave is so full Bullshido it hurts!
So here is another unsubstantiated claim by Hargrave himself. Hargrave claims to have sold over 100,000 copies of his "international best selling book, the original JKD training manual". So if this is so, where is his sales record, has he filed taxes for his organization or his book, because 100k copies would be a pretty substantial profit! So here is the thing, I wonder if taken to court if we could request his tax records (through a " Deposition Subpoena for Business Records") or record of sales in general.
Here is the source for this claim.
"Carter Hargrave’s publications have sold more than one hundred thousand copies world wide."
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO