Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2011 7:14pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apologies in advance for the long cut and paste, but this holds so much in the way of piss poor spelling, grammar, word usage and a heaping helping of out right BS.

Copied for posterity.

WARNING!!! No paragraphs in sight. Eye damage at your own risk.

http://rescueourfamilies.org/?p=15

Martial Arts Grandmaster Introduces News Blog on Martial Arts Events

Posted in Martial Arts | January 25th, 2011

Carter Hargrave is an crucial identify in the subject of martial arts, and now has a Martial Arts News Web site “Carter hargrave blog” that presents in depth information and details on a number of martial arts, including those offered at the private academy Hargrave Martial Arts. He has been passionate of martial arts actually considering that he was a youngster and it meant to him a lot more than a pastime. It was a total time career that took over his lifestyle. He commenced his career in the martial arts at the Oklahoma Karate Academy as an assistant teacher, and is now a triple Grandmaster and at the moment holds seven black belt rankings.
    Carter Hargrave is the major teacher and president of the Entire world Jeet Kune Do Basis and the Planet Kempo Association. Additional far more, he also owns Hargrave Martial Arts Program, Hargrave Arts LLC, Hargrave Media and Combat Martial Arts Press. All these firms aid him adhere to his dream of spreading the instructing of martial arts and self-protection throughout the world.
    In the early many years of his occupation, although nonetheless in Tulsa exactly where he was instructing Tae Kwon Do and Kuk Sool, a kind of Korean Ju Jitsu, he had the option to meet a student of the Bruce Lee School in California. He then realized that he wasn’t pleased with what he had accomplished so far and accepted the student’s offer to train in the new model and to become an teacher. He began instruction in a mixture of designs for the next few of years. He remembers that period as getting the hardest in his existence, but he doesn’t regret it at all. His enthusiasm for martial arts fueled him with vitality in order to accomplish every little thing he wanted.
    Near to the start off of 1992, the art of Jeet Kun Do was nothing at all like it ought to have been. It was promoted quite badly simply because the instructors weren’t obtaining along due to political issues. Because there was no governing body to place an stop to this confusion, this style of martial arts was virtually totally neglected. Carter Hargrave determined then to do one thing that was in no way attempted prior to. In 1992 he founded the Entire world Jeet Kune Do Federation. This stayed away from the political trouble of the time and adopted the objective in which it was designed. Its major aim was to provide teachers and students collectively in order to spread the teachings of Bruce Lee. Carter considers these teachings as existence changing and feels that 1 and all should have the opportunity to discover about them. No one particular actually tried before him to carry Jeet Kune Do to the masses. Not only that he attempted, but he also succeeded in undertaking so.
    In the exact same yr, 1992, he also founded a novel martial artwork fashion. He named it American Combat Kempo. Scores of colleges all over the entire world now recognize this and the US marines are utilizing some of its methods. In what considerations the style, Carter Hargrave has the title of Grandmaster. Furthermore, he is Grandmaster in Kun Fu and Ju Jitsu. This new type was born since at the time Carter was instruction in 4 variations and was also going through others. Keeping them separate turned out to be tricky, but he managed to meet the expectations of his teachers. He then seen that men and women had been interested in self-defense and in learning self-defense expertise in purchase to guard themselves at work, at school and even on the road.
    Their wants remained unsatisfied since no college was teaching this kind of stuff at that juncture. Carter Hargrave noticed the option and designed this new fashion by modifying two present martial arts methods. He also included weapon fighting and tailored the strategies to actual world situations. Besides standard okinawan weapons, like sai, bo, tonfa or katana, he also introduced modern day firearms. He thinks that if you are not superior to your attacker, you really don’t stand a possibility and he considers that superiority wants to be achieved by all implies they are fair or unfair. The authentic arts that stand at the base of American Combat Kempo are not recognizable any longer, following Hargrave modified

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/10/2011 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. You'd think somewhere in that big wall of texts there would be the names of some of his instructors. Also his writing blogs about himself in the third person (as a Grandmaster) is really weird to me, and if I didn't know better I would've guessed that he was an ESL speaker.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2011 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An interview with the Professor.

http://www.martiallife.com/index.php...sociation.html

Now he also has a black belt in Aikido

Carter Hargrave Professor Hargrave started training while he was still a kid. He has kept training eversince. He holds many black belts in various styles such as Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Jeet Kune Do.... His devotion has earned him many recognition from many martial arts associations and even from the US senate. He is also knowed as President of the World Jeet Kune Do Federation and President of the American Combat Kempo Association
    Ironic?

Did Bruce Lee ever had the time to complete the system or did any of his student finish it for him?

Yes Bruce completed the JKD system. It is only those who wish to gain financially or gain in notoriety that claim this is what JKD would have evolved into in Bruce had lived. In Lee's three schools there are three different phases of JKD, with greater focus on different teaches at all three. First was the almost pure wing chun phase. Then combat modified gung fu with influences from Muhammad Ali boxing and French Fencing, and lastly grappling stage. JKD is a complete self defense art, if all stages are brought together as we have done. No student finished it for him though some tried without success as it should be. The art is Lee's.
    More irony
    With Bruce Lee's popularity, many people dreamed to become a Jeet Kune Do master and lots of people took advantage of that to open schools, and to write books, claiming they hold the ultimate Jeet Kune Do systems. Is it possible they know JKD or are they frauds?

There are good teachers and there are bad teachers. Unfortunately JKD seems to have more frauds than most styles. Some of that blame must lie with the founder and all of the mystery and secrecy, but since we do not plan to die young, he intended to watch over it. The united States has the least amount of frauds. In other countries it is staggering. I am not a fan of JKD Concepts, although I do like the Filipino martial arts. This is where many problems arise. For many years if a teacher was licensed to teach the Filipino arts many considered them a JKD instructor. This has come to a screeching halt these days with the internet it is easy to check out someone's credentials. JKD is Wing Chun based and not Filipino anything. They are two separate and effective arts. One is JKD and one is not.
    and more

What should we look for in a good JKD instructor?

Wing Chun based teachings. Good at making you understand the moves. Just because someone is a great JKD fighter, does in no way make them a teacher. I have seen great JKD practitioners that could not instruct you how to make a fist. They can't put the moves into coherent thoughts and words. Must be associated with some organization otherwise your certificates are almost worthless.
    More if you want to read the entire interview.

Posted On:
    2/10/2011 11:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's he a professor of?

Posted On:
    2/11/2011 12:14am

Style: Mixed, Hybrid.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hargrave needs to purchase a grammar course; or at least look up structure/syntax tutorials on the net!

@Joe; The Irony... I dont even have the words!

This is my favorite line:

"He thinks that if you are not superior to your attacker, you really don’t stand a possibility and he considers that superiority wants to be achieved by all implies they are fair or unfair."
    Last edited by frogninja; 2/11/2011 12:23am at .

Posted On:
    2/11/2011 11:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed that article says it was written by Hao Wong. I did some googling and didn't come up with anything outside of Carter's web of websites. There was 3 articles:
    http://www.martiallife.com/index.php...t-kune-do.html

http://www.martiallife.com/index.php...sociation.html

This one is interviewing a guy named Corey Minatani:
    http://martiallife.com/index.php/com...e.html?start=2

Basically what I was wondering was if Hao Wong was a real person or a sockpuppet that Carter uses. I didn't really find any information about him. There's lots of Chinese people out there with Hao Wong in their name, but it's not their full name (usually it's 3 names not 2). The Minatani interview was posted by a guy with the screen name Minatani, so I guess he posted it himself. Maybe Hao Wong is just the alias you're supposed to use to talk about how great your art is while still appearing humble? Looking up Minitani led me to a myspace page of a guy in a black gi holding a martial arts weapon. Sounds familiar...

By the way Carter, that picture with the silk kempo gi and katana is ridiculous on many levels; you should lose it.

Posted On:
    2/11/2011 1:24pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    By the way Carter, that picture with the silk kempo gi and katana is ridiculous on many levels; you should lose it.
    I could even possibly forgive the gaudy gi, but his grip on the katana could bring a tear to a glass eye.

Posted On:
    2/11/2011 11:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://carterhargravemixedmartialarts.com/index.html

"MMA or mixed martial arts do not modify or make new techniques. They take standardized moves and use them as is." -Carter Hargrave

I seriously think that Hargrave has a Ph.D in BS!

http://www.abcarticledirectory.com/A...e-Kempo/879451

"He was the most youthful individual to be promoted to Professor of martial arts at age 33."

How do you become a Prof. of M.A.?
    Last edited by frogninja; 2/12/2011 12:04am at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2011 11:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I cant believe that I am still amazed, yet again, I am!

http://www.jkdworld.com/index.html

Carter places himself on par with some of Lee's original students!

"Contribution to the art: President of the World Jeet Kune Do Federation (largest JKD organization) through his teaching program he has brought original JKD to into more places, cities, and countries than any instructor in the arts history. Website www.jeetkunedo.org and www.worldjkd.com 2nd generation instructor."- Carter Hargrave

My favorite piece of information though is that every website thus far that mentions Hargrave being this martial God... Is Owned by Hargrave!

Posted On:
    2/14/2011 12:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I am the master instructor at Hargrave Martial Arts in Oklahoma. President of the World Jeet Kune Do Federation the Oficial Website of Jeet Kune Do the art founded by Bruce Lee. I have authored several martial arts books, one an international best seller, as well as produced 20 films." -http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1JZFGZEZVWQPY

Apparently Hargrave is also a "film producer", on top of being the God of martial arts.