Our Sponsors:

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 3132333440 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 11:50am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he's applying the Japanese Do/Jutsu differentiation to a Chinese art with Do in it?

What a twonk.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, the fake press release he wrote and "published" is all I need to know about the guy. That's gradeschool stuff and hes a grown man.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 2:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Business of war ?

War.. is that what the douche said ?

REALLY ?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2011 9:53pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Furthermore, he says there are no rules in war. Totally wrong; there are PLENTY of rules. They are called "rules of engagement." And of course you have the Geneva Convention rules, international law, etc.

I REALLY hate it when people say there are no "rules" "on the street" too. There are plenty of rules, such as legal use of force, etc.

Disingenuous instructors only say crap like that to lure people into their schools - or are just total dumb asses and don't know better. People who are not aware of the rules will pay for their ignorance one way or another.

Jeff Cook

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2011 9:13am

Style: WW2 Combatives Principles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't know why doesn't anyone do something about him, shut him down or something. why doesn't the Bruce Lee Foundation shut him down. that guy has "certified" so many full instructors here in india and they are just ripping off students here, i contacted one of the instructors in delhi by phone and asked him about his charges, he takes 8000rs about 176$ just for membership and 30,000rs about 660$ for classes, plus his testing fees are charged separately and that's a lot here, especially if the students don't get good quality training in return, i doubt that instructor even knew what jkd is, i mean he ranks with belts like in karate, for god sakes. this country is already poor, it's not fair towards the students, if someone shuts him down there, then all the fake con teachers here won't be able to rob the innocents here. i don't even know why CH is even listed on the same websites as Bruce Lee and Dan Inosanto, how can that be even possible?
    Last edited by ashtad; 1/26/2011 9:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2011 12:33pm

Style: Kunst des Fechten, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why doesn't someone do something about him?

So the rest of this thread and the investigations done are what, exactly? Practice?

Not that I've participated, but having read this thread a lot -has- been done.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/26/2011 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by william_cain View Post
    Why doesn't someone do something about him?

So the rest of this thread and the investigations done are what, exactly? Practice?

Not that I've participated, but having read this thread a lot -has- been done.
    One of the most useful things Bullshido can do is provide information to people looking for it, so they can make a good decision about their training. If you type Carter Hargrave into Google, this is one of the links on the first page. Bullshido is often on the first page of search results since it's such a big site.

Posted On:
    1/30/2011 8:48pm

Style: Mixed, Hybrid.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a new Hargrave owned website for your viewing pleasure! http://carterhargravenews.com/

And I quote "Carter Hargrave is known in the martial arts circles as the master of Jeet Kune Do"...

...and furthermore...

"Jeet Kune Do is one of the most devastating self defense styles ever devised."

also see "Dao of Jeet Kune Do".
    Last edited by frogninja; 1/30/2011 8:54pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 11:06am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogninja View Post
    Here is a new Hargrave owned website for your viewing pleasure! http://carterhargravenews.com/

And I quote "Carter Hargrave is known in the martial arts circles as the master of Jeet Kune Do"...

...and furthermore...

"Jeet Kune Do is one of the most devastating self defense styles ever devised."

also see "Dao of Jeet Kune Do".
    According to that wonderful site:

Hargrave recently received his official notification of promotion and certification that both of his black belt rankings in Kung Fu and Ju Jitsu were being upgraded to eighth degree Grandmaster status making him the only instructor in the State of Oklahoma to ever achieve the three time rank honor
    8th degree in Kung Fu and Ju Jitsu? Man, why am I not giving this guy all my money? :icon_roll Also, you grammar Nazis should really check out that "article".

Posted On:
    1/31/2011 3:00pm

Style: Mixed, Hybrid.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 46and2 View Post
    According to that wonderful site:
    8th degree in Kung Fu and Ju Jitsu? Man, why am I not giving this guy all my money? :icon_roll Also, you grammar Nazis should really check out that "article".
    You know its funny, and all Bullshido aside, without looking at a single certificate of rank, or reading his ridiculous websites... This video says it all: YouTube - Carter Hargrave Speed Knife Defense Jeet Kune Do I wont even get into a detailed explanation of why NONE of this is even remotely functional... All I will say is this "you see that last one? That was the anal and testicle removal"...