218358 Bullies, 4986 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/22/2006 12:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa Snake Oil LLC
    As the highest ranking Karate teacher in Tulsa, the Professor takes pride and gives personal attention in the education of each student. We have long since outgrown the tournaments that appeared in the mid 1950's, and focused upon the true meaning and application of the arts which have nothing to do with modern "competition".

The original versions of martial arts have no tournament aspects. One of our schools entered a tournament invited a few years back and our green belt students defeated some black belt students form other schools. In all fairness to the black belts involved, they were not trained to deal with Kempo defense techniques, and many they had never seen before. We were honorable and very respectful participants who won 95% of all bouts, but just couldn't adapt to limitations. We were politely asked not to return. We politely agreed, and left all the trophies.
    Christ. Do people actually fall for this bullsh... no don't tell me, I'm already depressed enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2006 1:36pm

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanORourke
    He is just a big fat running joke in OK - look him up on www.okfightnews.com/forums and you'll get some great laughs.
    After scanning some of the posts there in that forum, I think it's strong evidence of why siblings and cousins should never marry.

:tongue11: :5obsessed

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 3:43pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol - come on Ken, we're just one big happy family!

*ginny bastard*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 4:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This calls for a song...

http://www.ziplo.com/grandpa.htm

"I am my own grandpa"

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 4:55pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I can't figure out if he's trying to look tough in that pic of if he is in a drug-induced stupor.
    He is experiencing a Chi high.

On another note, I did a quick Google-fu eye-poking, and found this gem:

http://www.kungfuonline.com/roundtab....php?t-60.html

Also, notice that he uses the title Soke for his created American Combat Kempo here: http://www.urbin.net/EWW/MA/KF/GM-list.html

And to add insult to injury, he is mentioned in a list that includes Bruce Lee and Dan Inosanto!!!! http://www.westlord.com/jeetkunedo/eng-instructors.html .... oooooookaaayyyy
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2006 7:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I broke a rib from laughing so hard... ha ha ha ha... ouch.

On that link of Kempo Grandmasters... they had a William Chow, set at 15th Dan... is there such a thing? Sounds um, unusually high.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 10:31am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If this is the same guy I remember, I recall him as a senior student losing a sparring match to a beginner student. I KNOW that on his website he shows a picture of his very first black belt test and the other two guys earning their belts got stomped by the same beginner student when they were seniors. I was there. If those other two were the mark of mastery then I am pretty sure this guy lost to the kid as well!!!
    Last edited by Disobizqit; 11/25/2007 11:39am at .

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    11/25/2007 2:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoiDog
    Reminds me of a professor I had in college. I was taking a voice and movement class (theatre dept.) and this professor was HEAVY into the Bujinkan and this "warriorship" program somethingerather. He knew I was into the martial arts and had been in the Corps. So one day during class, he casually mentions (to the whole class) that his instructor had been the Force Reconnaissance H2H instructor for the Marine Corps.

If anyone on this board ever goes to New Mexico State University, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his name.
    I know who you're talking about. I would see him and his idiot students working out form time to time.

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 8:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no techniques in MCMAP from that guy.

Posted On:
    1/17/2008 9:57pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    I think I broke a rib from laughing so hard... ha ha ha ha... ouch.

On that link of Kempo Grandmasters... they had a William Chow, set at 15th Dan... is there such a thing? Sounds um, unusually high.
    William Chow was the root teacher of virtually every form of Hawaiian Kem/npo. He called himself 15th Dan in one interview as a way of critiquing all of his students who'd made themselves 10th. It shouldn't be taken literally.
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast