Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 7:38pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact is that Carter never earned the rank to promote to the levels he does and for which he charges high money. Neither in JKD or Kempo.

This without meeting, or for that matter, seeing other than a video image the people he's promoting.

Being the Grand Poopoo of his own creations is smoke and mirrors. He's a gutless wonder who's peddling his wares to one of three types.

(1) Those who are ignorant enough to believe they can practice predetermined technique through his videos and three ring binder, hence learning "muscle memory" and thus being able to defend themselves. No sparring necessary.

(2) Those who are to lazy to actually train somewhere, but desire the rank. This is a never ending circle that continues to pollute the martial arts. Piss poor teachers passing on rank to further populate and piss in the pool.

(3) Those determined to learn JKD but have no place to train within their area. See (1) above.

The man is a coward who's method of operation when confronted is to threaten lawsuit and/or damage others credibility.

Another member has sent me verified information that the professor's house is on the market. Seeing as this is also his place of business, either business is good, bad or there are other reasons. From available public sources, his house has never been in his name and is listed on the tax rolls in his wife's maiden name. He should claim sokeship as a ninja for the effort he puts to hide himself.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 9:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, you basically have nothing new to add to the thread? Sorry, "maybe" doesn't cut it in the MABS Sub-forum. Provide us with proof or please start another thread to discuss the effectiveness of what he teaches and "what if" scenarios.

Yeah your right, nothing new to add. This post is done. I'll let you guys know how the inosanto seminar goes.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 9:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No sparring necessary.

In levels 6 through black sash testings, sparring is necessary. One of three types Free sparring, combat free style and offense defense drills. He also requires training partners to move up the ranks. He know's like the rest of us that without them the journey is impossible. My partners and I are always training chi sao and cross energy drills. Also i'm sure the instructor test probably needs to be in person.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/12/2010 9:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by biajong View Post
    Also i'm sure the instructor test probably needs to be in person.
    You are close to being culled out of this thread can you back any of your statements up with proof?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 7:16am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well everyone, After attending the Danny Inosanto seminar in Norcross, Ga on 09/25 and 09/26 of 2010 I've come to a good conclusion (Awesome Seminar by the way, I got to train with one of Danny's student instructors the whole 8 hours).

I will no longer be testing through Carter Hargrave. Nothing against him, but after looking at this thread, I am no longer ok with testing over a video. I have switched gears and have decided to join MARS and train with Ron Balicki. He requires testing in person and he does a lot of traveling seminars world wide. Most importantly no one says anything bad about a guy as well respected as Ron. Also in my opinion his Jeet Kune Do videos are very informative and easy to follow.

It's funny after training his first two videos and doing 8 hours of seminar how much about jkd I have learned, that I never knew, even after 8 years training it. Well guys, even though I will not bad mouth Hargrave, I'd like to thank you all for your insight, I feel that you've sent me on the right course of action.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/13/2010 2:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 7:04pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Friday was my birthday and i received an email of awesomeness from Joe. This was my birthday gift from Carter.

http://www.free-press-release.com/ne...287762870.html

---------------------------------------------------------------
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America (Free-Press-Release.com) October 22, 2010 -- Martial Arts teacher and Grandmaster Carter Hargrave is no stranger to confrontations in the self defense and fighting world, but one would not imagine someone having attained seven black belt instructor ranks having to deal with persons stalking them. You would think when you have a reputation for being able to deal catastrophic injury with little effort that you would be immune to someone harassing you, your family and your business says Hargrave the head of two international martial arts associations including the famous style founded by world icon Bruce Lee.

Well Known Martial Arts Instructor Reveals Ordeals With Stalkers

You cant tell or predict what crazy or deranged people are going to do or what they are capable of so you must always have your guard up and be aware of your surroundings, something that I teach my students so the bad guys don't get the jump on them. I have had several stalker types in the past many being sex offenders, pedophiles, and rapists that were seeking martial arts lessons from me, that I had turned down. Now we are dealing with the crazies that pop out of the internet seeing how much harm they can cause.

My latest stalker is an individual named Joe Glimp in Edmond Oklahoma who took it upon himself to post wild accusations in chat rooms and sending harassing emails to myself and my work. The police in Oklahoma City got involved and provided his mugshot from a drug arrest so we could protect ourselves when he came around physically.
    Apparently Glimp was terminated from his job for his obsession with Hargrave as he was doing his libelous internet activity on company time. He was hiding under the internet avatar Hungry Joe. Glimp met another individual, Rex Ashcraft of Cushing Oklahoma, in the internet chat forum whom he befriended and convinced it would be a good idea to apply for lessons at Hargrave’s school so he could get close to him physically for the possibility of harming him and or his business. Ashcraft was later seen going into Hargrave’s home while he was away on a weekend vacation.

“Rex Ashcraft was a student applicant who had claimed to be a Kempo Karate Blackbelt, but after seeing him not be able to perform the simplest of basic moves it was clear he had no formal training Hargrave stated.”
    Here is a picture of Rex Ashcraft appearing to wear a brown belt which in martial arts is below the black belt ranking, as well as a photo of him wearing a beer box hat while apparently quite drunk. He was hiding under the internet avatar CorvusCorvanes.
    Oklahoma City Police Detectives contacted Joe Glimp and conveyed the stalking situation as to its probable outcome, which only infuriated him to post more hate speech online about the object of his attention Grandmaster Hargrave. Lashing out and blaming the one being stalked is common by those obsessed for being confronted by authorities regarding their inappropriate actions. Detectives also interviewed a local Judo Master who Glimp had taken a few lessons who relayed a message to Hargrave that he had little to worry about as “Glimp has no ability” which is common in those that harass martial arts teachers. In many cases jealousy is the motivator and they feel if they can knock them or their school down calling them fake or frauds then they become better in their own eyes.

Hargrave adds “ I feel that I have a gift to share by teaching others to defend and empower themselves with some serious self defense skills, and it is sad that malicious people like this come into our lives. I just have to look at all the good I have done and the people that I have helped and that makes all the obstacles worth it in the end. I hope making this public will shed some light on the problem for teachers and the need for new legislation to protect teachers of all disciplines” As a high profile martial arts figure Hargrave has had multiple stalkers and dozens of death threats in his career.

Carter Hargrave is the head instructor at Hargrave Martial Arts a private defense school, President of the World Jeet Kune Do Federation, President of the World Kempo Karate Association, Founder of American Combat Kempo Karate, and author of three martial arts books and twenty films on martial arts.

Police Case Number is 10-40827

----------------------------------------------------------------

So to clear up my issues on this. The only two days that i was in his home without him was a Thursday and Saturday. Both of which had a class and belt test going on, so he is clearly making it out to be something that it is not. As to my rank, It would be the sweetest thing in the world to step on the mat with him now let him test my skillz.

On a legality question, does any of this constitute as libel?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 7:30pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, he leaves his home open to visitors and then lies about what was going on? Interesting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2010 9:27pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is any of that news report true?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    Is any of that news report true?
    None of it. I had a message to call a detective around six months ago. Called and got his voice mail. Asked he call me and haven't heard squat since. Don't even know what the call was about, but figure there's a good chance the "Professor" is behind it.

Don't know since when a total of two emails constitutes "stalking". Coward doesn't even mention the forums or the judo master to whom he talked.

Just got back from a class and have the father-in-law for the night.

Will address all of this ASAP.

This is probably timed due to his being the Campaign Chairman his friend, Jon Patton. Patton's running for judge and they go back to their time together with Gary Dill.

http://www.prlog.org/10825011-judge-...-chairman.html

Hargrave's political ties are somewhat described in the article.

A search for my name will now show me as a "stalker" under the number one Google hit. Thanks Rex, I was hoping to just add a link to Hargrave's article and talk to my attorney before this was posted.