Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by frogninja View Post
    <quote> Your slanderous comments have not gone unnoticed! You wanted our undivided attention with your unprovoked attacks and defamation, well you have it 100%. We are directing our attorneys to file suit against you in State court here in Tulsa, OK.
    It appears you have way too much time on your hands to post online in your effort to interfere with our commerce and slander our reputation and steal our intellectual property. Looks like you will get to explain your actions to a jury!
    The address that we have for service is:
    <BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!>
    We should begin in the next thirty days. If you have an attorney please forward his information to us, and ask them if they will accept service for you. Be sure and post this letter online so your known associates can see where you are heading.
    Hargrave Martial Arts
    Division Headquarters of Hargrave Arts LLC.
    Box 52820
    Tulsa, Ok 74152
    </quote>

So I guess a recount of my own personal account is considered a threat, slander, attack, etc... ROFL, well buddy I am a police officer and I know the law pretty well. You have my address feel free to drop a subpoena at will!
    Hargrave has not followed through with his promise of having me served. It was supposed to be within 30 days. I quit hiding about five months ago.

Attorney has a copy of this thread and the emails the bitch sent me. A substantial amount of background work has been completed on my end in the event there is a day in court.

Looks like the professor has a form letter saved for his detractors, with small changes to suit the occasion. Mine was almost verbatim to the one sent to frogninja.

CC - give me a call. I'd like to have that shirt for a uTube par0dy I'm thinking of working up. Carter being such a celebrity and all.

Carter,

I think you're a coward who hides behind the threat of dragging others into court. YOU know that is the last thing you want. Someone armed with the truth of your training and pay to play certificates putting it all out there on public record is your worst nightmare.

...sticks out tongue and goes back in hiding...

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 7:17pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has a form letter? Hahahahahaha....... I really wonder how many people get these letters. I hope he does take someone to court. Could you imagine discovery in the case?

That would be hilarious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 7:26pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll call when i can Joe. Trying to get the android OS working on my iphone has made it a little moody.

I really did go in there with an open mind (im a kenpo guy :P) but man was that the worst month of training i have ever been through.

I do also have his Official JKD Manual. Fifty dollars for a 3 ring binder and a few sheets of paper.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 7:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it's not exactly a form letter, but the gist is the same:

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Carter Hargrave

CC - we'll get together some night with your sparring group. I'll gladly pay you for the shirt and the binder (-: with copious beers after for your troubles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:35pm

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He has a form letter? Hahahahahaha....... I really wonder how many people get these letters. I hope he does take someone to court. Could you imagine discovery in the case?

That would be hilarious.
    Discovery of the other letters would likely not be part of it. Well unless you are counterclaiming for harassment or something similar. Then again, my civil procedure class was 6 months ago and I have no real world experience (waiting for Samuel or another lawyer here to come slap down the 1L noob).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 8:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DISCOVERY

Part of the pre-trial litigation process during which each party requests relevant information and documents from the other side in an attempt to "discover" pertinent facts. Generally discovery devices include depositions, interogatories, requests for admissions, document production requests and requests for inspection.
    The formal procedures used by parties to a lawsuit to obtain information before a trial is called discovery. Discovery helps a party find out the other side's version of the facts, what witnesses know, and other evidence. Rules dictating the allowable methods of discovery have been set up by Congress (for federal courts) and by state legislatures (for state courts). Common discovery devices include:

• Deposition--a proceeding in which a witness or party is asked to answer questions orally under oath before a court reporter.
    • Interrogatories--written questions sent by one party to the other party for the latter to answer in writing under oath.
    • Request for admission--a request to a party that he admit certain facts. One party sends the other a request for admission so that basic issues the parties agree upon can be resolved and not have to be proven if the parties go to trial.
    • Request for physical examination--a request to a party that he be examined by a doctor if his health is at issue.
    • Request for production of documents--a request to a party to hand over certain defined documents. In family law cases, parties often request from each other bank statements, pay stubs and other documents showing earnings, assets and debts.
    • Request for inspection--a request by a party to look at tangible items (other than writings) in the possession or control of the other party. Items to be inspected include houses, cars, appliances and virtually any other physical item.
    • Subpoena--an order telling a witness to appear in court or at a deposition. A subpoena is issued by the court, and if the witness fails to comply, he can be held in contempt of court.
    • Subpoena duces tecum--an order telling a witness to turn over certain documents to a specific party or to bring them to a scheduled deposition. A subpoena duces tecum is issued by the court, and if the witness fails to comply, he can be held in contempt.

The scope of information obtainable through discovery is quite broad and not limited to what can be used in a trial. Federal courts and most state courts allow a party to discover any information 'reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence.' Because of this broad standard, parties often disagree about what information must be exchanged and what may be kept confidential. These disputes are resolved through court rulings on discovery motions.
    THIS is why Hargrave does not truly want to ever take someone to court who's represented by a competent attorney and who has done their background work in assistance to said attorney.

Certificates (and costs - some purchased from known frauds already exposed on this site), actual training time, book and video sales, tax records, disenfranchised student testimony, Dill student affidavits, etc, etc, etc.

Hargrave would have to battle to keep each of these from seeing the light of day. Shine a light and the cockroaches scatter.

Not a lawyer. But above posted for those who think discovery is a cable channel.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 9:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I said it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 9:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I said it.

I won't argue anymore (as I should be studying anyway...) after this. But under federal rules of civil procedure (many states have adopted the FRCP with a few changs. Rule 26 is almost universally the same) 26(b) it must be relevant to the proceedings and non privileged. As for the form letters, it would not be relevant to the proceedings. The certificates and everything else related to a slander suit he would bring would be.

I may have misinterpreted your post. Sorry.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    I won't argue anymore (as I should be studying anyway...) after this. But under federal rules of civil procedure (many states have adopted the FRCP with a few changs. Rule 26 is almost universally the same) 26(b) it must be relevant to the proceedings and non privileged. As for the form letters, it would not be relevant to the proceedings. The certificates and everything else related to a slander suit he would bring would be.

I may have misinterpreted your post. Sorry.
    I'm not saying I'm right. I'm going by what Sam has discussed when these blowhards have threatened to sue individuals and the website.

It is funny because they don't shut up, they set up a pattern of behavior and that opens the door for getting cases thrown out of court IMO.

Oh and you are talking a specific type of cases. I'm talking anything from slander, libel, harassment, and counter suits. I'm being general because, we have no clue what it is that anyone would do.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 5/13/2010 10:33pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying I'm right. I'm going by what Sam has discussed when these blowhards have threatened to sue individuals and the website.

It is funny because they don't shut up, they set up a pattern of behavior and that opens the door for getting cases thrown out of court IMO.
    I will defer to Sam then. He is an actual practicing attorney with real world experience. I only have a year of law school under my belt.