Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 11:57am

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Carter Hargrave

I was searching around for random JKD-related links to read... then eventually cam across this:

http://www.carterhargrave.com/

His "partial resume" is frightening to behold, to say the least. I also didn't know that his "American Combat Kempo" were what the "United States Marines base thier (sic) training on".

Go check it out... it's a good laugh.

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's quite a list of claims!

Check out the quote at the bottom of the page too:

"What you believe is your own reality" :)

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:14pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that we can go on record that anyone associated with Dr. E A Moore has some sort of issues, in this case receiving a "Founder's award." Here is a link to Moore's site WMAHOF.

Moore is also the guy who recognized Jacques Patenaude from the Fang Shen Do, so there is a pattern of rank exchange there.

Posted On:
    2/19/2006 12:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He looks seriously badass though, with the goatie, black gi, gold patches, sticks and mean muggin scowl.

Not to mention the time portal thing behind him.

Grand Master...yeah baby.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 1:14am

Style: I/L, Sayoc, Atienza FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He kind of reminds me of Tom Green.

Any U.S. Marines here that can vouch for or debunk his claim of his "American Combat Kempo" being part of their hand-to-hand curriculum?

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 3:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Original Jeet Kune Do Training Manual
    This is the manual that has it all! If you have ever wanted to learn the original JKD moves or just to have a valuable reference you wont be disappointed. Has complete listing of all techniques require for instructor training in JKD. Covers requirements for rank Level 2 through 12, plus the black sash test.
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 4:12am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Red Flags

Certified Black Belt Bushido Kempo, Promoted by G.W. Dil
    Certified 4th Dan Black Belt Aiki Juts
    Instructor Headmaster Juko Kai Kokusai Remnei 199
    Certified Professor of Martial Arts, 1995
    Appointed Executive Director World Martial Arts Hall of Fame Board Member 1995
    Awarded best martial art school in the U. S. Recognized by U. S Congress and U.S. Senate 1996
    WOW! What a resume.

Juko Kai, Gary Dill, Certified Professor, Hall of Famer, and he has the Best school in the U.S.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 8:39am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here comes the old "World martial arts hall of fame" Instructor of the year award! A compeating dojo in my town has 2 "World martial arts hall of fame" Instructors. I reasurched this a bit. One would think that "instructor of the year" Would be "1" Or "the " instructor of the year. Hell no. For $400.00 you nominate your self, and become the instructor of the year. You and about 300 other Mc Sensei's. Fucking stupid.

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 8:42am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said it best

"What you believe is your own reality Professor Hargrave"

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    2/20/2006 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Any U.S. Marines here that can vouch for or debunk his claim of his "American Combat Kempo" being part of their hand-to-hand curriculum?
    Absolute bullshit. I'm not in anymore, haven't been since 97, but I'm absolutely confident that the Marines H2H program (MCMAP) is not BASED on his "American Combat Kempo". Could there be an element or two in MCMAP taken from Kenpo (not necessarily his American Combat Kempo)? Why not. But based on his ****? Hell fucking no.

Reminds me of a professor I had in college. I was taking a voice and movement class (theatre dept.) and this professor was HEAVY into the Bujinkan and this "warriorship" program somethingerather. He knew I was into the martial arts and had been in the Corps. So one day during class, he casually mentions (to the whole class) that his instructor had been the Force Reconnaissance H2H instructor for the Marine Corps.

I stopped the exercise we had been doing, called bullshit quite loudly, and told him that either he was lying or had been lied to by his instructor. He (pissed now) assured me that it was in fact true. I again called bullshit, then asked for proof and even offered to call several friends who were still in who could verify the information. He countered with the "it's still classified material" excuse and I laughed at him. I dropped the class that afternoon.

When I went in to have him sign my drop slip, he tried to explain to me that I obviously didn't know jack ****, how deadly his style was and that an attitude like mine would get me in trouble one day. I told him that anytime he felt like showing how badass he was, he could come to a Gathering and we could fight with witnesses in a completely neutral environment (yeah, bullshit I know...so sue me). He, predictably, retorted with the "my **** is deadly and we train for life-and-death encounters, not sparring" crap. I just rolled my eyes and left, got my slip signed by the dept. head and told her what a twat the professor was. She actually agreed and we had a good laugh.

If anyone on this board ever goes to New Mexico State University, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his name.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
Page 1 of 45 1 234511 ... LastLast